Full ethereal char - anything allowed as long it's ethereal

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
What do you think is a good build with full ehtereal equipment.

rings and amulets are allowed and can be unique.

I thought of a Bonenecro, with bonewand 'white', rare boneshield and rare bonehelm and a rare Boneweave :D, also rare vampirebone gloves

Reactions: saracen85
That would be a rare bony (?) build!

Let's try... obviously rares need repair mod
Rare ePally rare circle
BotD eBA
eSkullder's ire
Exile eST/SR/VS
eSandstorm's
Rare eGloves with IAS/res
Rare eBelt with FHR/res
Jewelry to fit the needs

For the build...obviously not Hammerdin :cool:

Oh and maybe...if the items are Eth socketed, are they allowed to be non ethereal?

Reactions: d2lover
An assassin with dual shadow killers! With fade, you'd be doubly transparent!😂

Reactions: Babyhell
There's one lvlreq 1, the 33s one, at least on circlets for what I checked.

Also, it brings another category: the red one. Every item has to be broken. When you find a suitable item, you have to destroy it by wearing it and being hit until it breaks, to be allowed to attack again.

Obviously ethereal is mandatory not to repair it by mistake and having to repeat the process xD

then magic items are great, they have less chance to have a prefix and so you should pick up any magic to see if it's eth + selfrep :D

for the belt slot that is, other items are kinda useless without good affixes

Lolz. If you had hoarded gear over the years, levelling isn't really a problem. Just use and discard. It'd be interesting how many lores and stealths needed to get to entering nm...😅

For an extra challenge, your build could be an amazon focused around Penetrate. If I recall correctly, penetrate degrades your weapon rapidly for extra damage.

An actually good build for that would be a sorc, but I think sorcs suck, so I would go druid 20 in fissure, 20 in firestorm(for synergies), 5 in carrion vine, 5 in dire wolf, 5 in oak sage, and a total of one in each of the prereqs adding to a total of 5. that way, you hide behind minions and fissure-nuke anything that gets past them so you never use any durability on your ethereal stuff. You could also go fishymancer, but I would want as many opportunities to massacre things with fissure as possible. I don't know if any of that's your style, that's just how I'd go about it.

Hi, what do you think sould the Mercanary wear for the Bone-necro?

eth Bonehew (the only merc weapon with 'Bone' in the name I think)
eth upped Shaftstop 'Um'
dependant on resistances of the Merc either eth Bonevisage with 3 Um or eth upped Vampiregaze 'Um'

now, that will be a huge waste of a Ber rune, but I think 1 Ber rune should be socketed in the Bonehew, and probably a Shael/Amn (dependant on helmet).

Or what you think?

Edit: I forgot about 'Duress' runeword. So 'Duress' Boneweave armor (eth) will be my pick!

And that makes Ber in Bonehew obsolete ;)

Last edited:
Hi, what do you think sould the Mercanary wear for the Bone-necro?

eth Bonehew (the only merc weapon with 'Bone' in the name I think)
eth upped Shaftstop 'Um'
dependant on resistances of the Merc either eth Bonevisage with 3 Um or eth upped Vampiregaze 'Um'

now, that will be a huge waste of a Ber rune, but I think 1 Ber rune should be socketed in the Bonehew, and probably a Shael/Amn (dependant on helmet).

Or what you think?

Edit: I forgot about 'Duress' runeword. So 'Duress' Boneweave armor (eth) will be my pick!

And that makes Ber in Bonehew obsolete ;)
TBH, even with 1.13 drop rates, Ber-ing a Bonehew kinda made me cringe a little... 😅

Anyway, I've been collecting eth items for the same themed build, just Eth. Centrepiece would be the following;

Dire Thirst
Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 179 - 230
Indestructible
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 15
Required Dexterity: 126
Fingerprint: 0xc2b59106
Item Level: 89
Version: Expansion 1.10+
273% Enhanced Damage
+8 to Minimum Damage
+37 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+110 to Attack Rating
+1237 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Adds 1 - 3 Fire Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
Required Level +12 Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Skull Gyre

Skull Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x46063698
Item Level: 58
Version: Expansion 1.10+
30% Enhanced Damage
+8 to Minimum Damage
+41 to Attack Rating

Frenzy with eDeath would be too convenient, so I'm still trying to find a rare self-repair pally shield for some Aura build maybe.😁

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High