Friday the 13th strikes again - Item Find Thread - Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, GoMule issue all the way. The low damage is due to me getting a low roll and not using a superior base. But let's be honest, this makes zero difference for a playthrough. :D

@ffs When are you going to use a WP otherwise? It's one of the most neglected weapons and it looks ridiculous to boot.

Got another Azurewrath in CS from Vizier pack:
Code:
Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 110 - 124
Indestructible
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xf40aa49d
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Level 10 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
+1 to All Skills
+30% Increased Attack Speed
256% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250 - 500 Magic Damage
Adds 250 - 500 Cold Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames)
All Stats +5
+3 to Light Radius

WP is only highest dmg if you're able to get it to speed via skills. Not a problem for something like Fana/Zealot, but it is for most other classes/builds. You'll run into DPS loss there one way or another, be it via slower attack rate, loss of Might aura and Reaper, having to use so much IAS gear that you cannot wear stuff like Fortitude or whatnot...

My 2h BotD is in GPA, and I've made a few chars where I seriously considered making another one in CB for these reasons. :D

@ffs When are you going to use a WP otherwise? It's one of the most neglected weapons and it looks ridiculous to boot.
That is true. ;)

Reactions: art_vandelay
Just did a little over 350 Runic Talon rerolls in 1.10a, I still have nearly 350 rerolls worth of gems but for now I'm happy:
good.png
bad.png

@maxicek I'm not an expert, what (besides 400+ AR) would be a better prefix on those?

@Excalibur yours has a higher ED roll so that partially makes up for the current-patch base. Also why WP, you guys only planning to use it on Zealots or with other fast skills? :) So many fun chars and builds that benefit from faster bases...
That BoTD was done years ago when I had no clue what to do with the Zod I had found.
I used it on a Zealot but my 1handed Zealot seemed to still perform much better even in damage.
Eventually it ended up laying in my stashes.

@art_vandelay what build uses those? Pheonix strike mebbe?
Bearsin, she needs 100% IAS on the (claw) weapon to reach 3 frames per attack. Haven't tried her yet but 3FPA seems very fast for any attack. :D

Heh, yeah maxicek mentioned these claws a few times. Tough to get them without time travel. Last Bearsin I played (here) used BotD since she was part of the Zod sept, but after playing her I really wanted to make a fast claw using variant next.

Some time ago I made 'Fury' Runic Talons which I'd use for 4 FPA.

Thing is so many great weapon options offer 4 FPA with better DPS and a bunch of other helpful mods... 4 FPA is crazy fun speed already. :D

Ah i see. Does that mean bearsins usually get their damage from off-weapon sources? CB and elemental damages? Or is it a more of 3fpa just cause you can type of situation?

Reactions: Luhkoh
@ffs I made mine in a war pike as well. Yep for a trav zealot. Though I did try it out on a necro's merc using treachery. No 5 frame zeal was a deal breaker for me (so gpa is out), and CB was my second choice. But I was just trying to realistically think what would I actually use the weapon on besides a trav zealot, and came up with nothin 😅. Everything else just seems both better and more fun to play with a 1h weapon (or dual wield).

@HanShotFirst huge congrats hammerbrother! I shudder to think of all that baal running :p. Tell me you're at least gonna hit up diablo or nihlathak on the next level. But in all seriousness, great progress and awesome finds. You know I'm jealous of that stormlash. Awesome grail progress too. I have no doubt ghostflame and dragonscale will drop for you before too long. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
@Luhkoh yeah that's why I asked whether it was only for Zealot, because indeed for him WP is great, but pretty much every other build prefers a faster base. Personally I've played BotD Zealot for 15 minutes or so, but many hours having fun with some BotD Bears. ;) IMO it's not a weapon for farming purposes, but to do some fun builds with.

I should really make that CB one some time soon, just last week I was a bit annoyed because it would have been fantastic for a Bearzon I was building. GPA is kind of an okay compromise, solid for every char but not the best for anyone.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Hehe, @zemaj also suggested a Zod sept-sept. ;) It's really time for some rune farming action. I just checked my rune stash and currently could cube 2 Zods, but that would absolutely deplete my rune stash... After Ist'ing a bunch of items in recent months, I can't even make another Oath currently. :D

That was total hyperbole, but if you do... well, that would just... I mean... TOTAL VOCABULARY FAILURE....

DO EEET! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: PhineasB
IFT on second page? Can't have that!

108ist.png
This is seed 18095 and one of two Ist patterns in 1.08 LK :) GalaXyHaXz got this pattern a few years back as well.

Unbenannt.png

valk.png
Rolled Maps for like two hours and then ran it for not much longer until I got it, it's in 1.14d already, socketed with an IAS/ColdRes jewel and resting on my Java's head :cool:

beta110acta.png
After that Ist drop I planned on going to 1.10a and running Andariel for a beta BKWB. I had the runes for 1.10a CtA and a HotO, the CtA roll being nearly perfect was a pleasant surprise but the HotO rolled 32@, don't care though :D The Vex was from 1.07 LK.

My runner is a 1.00 rushee that I forwarded to 1.07 at level 61 with all skill/statpoints unspent. She got decked out with these two runewords as well as some of my "best" stuff from 1.07-1.09. She got Pul and Gul on her Hellforges.

lol.png
I took my Andariel runner to the Tunnels to level (and improve my Fireball damage) and then I get this. Now I'm running Andariel and already found a Rising Sun :LOL:

Three unique rings in, no BKWB yet ...

Where are the best patches to get runes for Beta CTA? I have a Vex and a Mal in 1.07. I still need the rest.
Either 1.08 or 1.09 but which patch you run depends what else you want from LK.

Lo, 2xVex, Gul, 3xUm
Here you get insane charms, stable racks and bugged crafts.

2xOhm, Vex, 2xIst, 2xMal
Whereas here you get 5% FRW charms, stable racks and up to +25% fcr craft amulets.

2xOhm, Vex, 2xIst, 2xMal, Um
1.09b has 10 different sets of patterns because of the many playersettings, too lazy to type them all out, but there's a lot there, including Sur patterns for beta Bramble. Also 1.09 has 5% FRW charms as well but crafts are the same as modern and racks are less stable.

2xOhm, 2xGul, Ist, 4xMal, Um (+1 locked Um)
Again there's more patterns but this was the one with the most Ohms, the others have Ber/Sur...

Hope that helps in the decision, all of this is due to @Fruit who simulated them all.

• Love
Reactions: Luhkoh and Kinkara
Where are the best patches to get runes for Beta CTA? I have a Vex and a Mal in 1.07. I still need the rest.
If you are simply after β-CTA may I recommend hellforge rushing characters in classic and then collecting runes in LOD? There are some advantages to this approach. In your case, I believe this is the quickest way - you might only need a single set of rushees, two sets max if you are not extremely unlucky. On top of that, you get a practically guaranteed chance make β-Delirium and possibly multiple β-Crescent Moons, both awesome runewords, just from single additional set of rushees.

Yes, you have to level two characters for this to work, I think I made FB/FO/Static sorceress in 1.06, and then one in 1.10 to collect the runes. This way, by questing 1.06 char, you can also search for what is generally considered the best base for β-CTA and thats +Holy Shield War Scepter (please correct me, but I believe pre-lod there was considerably higher chance to spawn HS on scepters). Then you can forward your char to 1.07 LOD and quickly farm ingredients for some juicy fcr/+MPK rings.

I might be wrong on multiple instances of versions and details about this, please consult with someone who actually knows their stuff, I did this a long time ago. But I also remember this being way more fun project for me than running LK over and over again (I did 8.5k LK runs in 1.12 so thats what I compare it to).

• Love
Reactions: Luhkoh and Kinkara
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High