Flaming Rabies Help!

Sword & Shield

Oct 2, 2004
Flaming Rabies Help!

So i read Kazama's Guide, it was GREAT, BEYOND GREAT; very nice... very detailed, I liked it :worship:

I felt like he didnt cover some stuff though.

What questions i have in my mind...

Why shouldnt we touch Poison Creeper, it gives %bonus to rabies?

Is a 6 shealed phase better then 4 shealed, meaning does it give one less Frame?

The giant thresher is for both forms bear & wolf? Its just for some more damage?

The Build:
20 Fireclaws
20 Rabies
20 Fissure
20 Volcano
1 Lycanthropy
1 Werebear
1 Werewolf
1 Cyclone Armor
1 Oak Sage
1 Dogs
1 Prequistics
~90

Str:Base
Dex: Enouph for block
Vit: Eveything else
Energy: None

Cerebus Fire Facet'd
Maras
6 Shealed phase/ 6 Shealed Thresher
SS Sheal'd
BP Enigma
Verdungos
Gores
Trangs
Raven Frost
Carrion

ANNI
10 Shapeshifter Gcs + life/FHR
9 AR/Life Scs

Tell me i got the basics of it right.

Gotta love the sheals...

looks exactly like my druid ;) except i dont have a giant thresher yet.

as for the poison creeper question, your carrion wind ring has charges for lvl 21 psn creeper, and if having no pts into creeper, those charges are used for the synergies, basicly giving you a hell of alot more psn dmg.

pratt said:
looks exactly like my druid ;) except i dont have a giant thresher yet.

as for the poison creeper question, your carrion wind ring has charges for lvl 21 psn creeper, and if having no pts into creeper, those charges are used for the synergies, basicly giving you a hell of alot more psn dmg.

Oh are you serious? I didnt know it worked like that...

Well you need 108% IAS in a phase blade to reach 4 frame rabies and 5 frame fireclaws(4 frame fireclaws in bear form). Since you won't have enhanced physical damage skill there is no use using ed/IAS jewels. If you are rich, you could use 2 ar/IAS or resist/IAS jewels in the place of two of the shaels. 6 shael one is fine.

The giant thresher is there for the range 5. Ever had a range short range weapon, ran up to a opponent, swinged and missed because the target has run out of your weapon range? This is for catching those casters.

Your build and equip seem to be fine, but I haven't done any flaming rabies druids so don't take my word for it, wait for Kaz or some other with pvp experience with this build. I didn't do any strength calculations, but I think you might need annihilus to stormshield.

Go get em! :thumbsup:

edit: I believe pratt is right, the synergies from carrion wind won't work if you put any points in poison creeper.

yeah out of all my gear, the stormshield was the worst, because of its high str :/ which basically means you dont actually need a bp enigma after all, as you could use something witha bit more str req for another 300-400 def.

Yeah
15 base str + 20 anni + 60-70 enigma = around 100, i need 156 for ss, i dont know how thats going to work out... O__o

BTW at level 99 how many stat and skill points can you distribute if all the quests were done and not used, i wanna run some tests on single.

111 skill points at level 99 i believe, 1 from den, 1 from radament, 2 from izzy, multiply that by 3 and add 99 :)

also dude, i just added you to my friends list, would be keen to do a bit of pvp char testing of all sorts if you're keen :) *prattsanchez is me.

The lvl 21 charges of poison creeper on the carrion wind will give you a lvl 21 synergy to rabies which is a lot. Its a bug which also works with other items such as the marrowwalk which gives charges to bone prison. It wont work if you put any points into the skill though so dont touch that skill :eek:

yep, my rabies ar is 10k i believe from memory, fireclaws is 12-13k i think.
cant really fight barbs cos of their high def, but amazons and sorcs are fun to fight ;)

pratt said:
111 skill points at level 99 i believe, 1 from den, 1 from radament, 2 from izzy, multiply that by 3 and add 99 :)

also dude, i just added you to my friends list, would be keen to do a bit of pvp char testing of all sorts if you're keen :) *prattsanchez is me.

You only get 98 from leveling (you start with 0 skillpoints at lvl 1) adding up to a total of 110 skillpoints.

I have the bug(ab)using FC/rabies-druid with stone (synergy to FC) and carrion (to rabies). this giving me alot of extra skillpoints to play with.
4x shael'd phaseblade in search for ias-jewels with second mods (ar or res).
jalal's for str, res and fhr. this is nice for my build as i've added some extra skillpoints in wearwolf giving me the boost to ar that i miss out from cerebus.
ss shael'd
verdungo
trangs
raven
ss-skillers
+2shapeshifting amu with some 11res and 22life (maras would be nice)
sandstorm trek. not sure if this is the best choice but thats what i use.

I've yet to do anya hell and mule an anni but i lack but i'll still be somewhat short of res. your mara, cerebus and enigma will in comparision to my setup lack 26 res.
What i like about my druid is that he is quick in just about everything (except running :/ where your would help alot i do sometimes charge him with feral rage). somewhat low dmg but its ok, he strikes so fast, and i'm not even done with my phaseblade :)
And a couple of ar/life sc's would be very nice, especially against babas with high def. noone in the trade value forum seems to know their value tho :/
The most annoying thing tho is to get caught in a boneprison with no means to get out, but imo thats just lame and i dont really care. it wa kinda funny when a necro without enigma trapped himself and me in the same prison. he didnt stand a chance :) enigma would help you out of that one tho.

I forgot.
this: http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/wereformadvanced.html
is a very good link to calculate attackspeed for druids. i just noticed i only hit the 7 frame with FC and 6 with rabies when using my 4shael PB. You can only reach the 5th fram in wearwolf when attacking with FC. with 2 ias jewels I will reach the 5(FC) and 4(rabies) breakpoints. so yes it does make alot of difference (2 frames less with both attacks).
When using that calculator take notice that you should use the negative value of the ones found in arreats summit (i.e. not -30 but 30 for PB).
Oh and about the polearm. you'll reach the same frames with the polearm as with the pb but youll need to socket it fully yes. I dont see why ppl use the giant tresher tho. You'd have to add 32 to str to be able to use it (156str req for ss which you have to switch away to use tresher) grim scythe or even war scythe will do cuz its the range and attackspeed you use the polearm for. not the negligable extra physdmg. I dont know if im missing something with this tho cuz everywhere ppl are talking sollely about using the giant tresher.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High