Famine Zerker axe for Kicksin, viable? General kicksin advice needed

hackedagainanda

Jun 4, 2015
Now that I've Pat'ed my avenger I want to use my Famine berserker axe for the next character I've never made, an assassin, but I think I'm ready to try. Decent elemental damage and 112 - 333 physical on the axe.

I've been looking through the guides but would love some tips from assassin pro's in the forum. Only thing I know for sure is to use upped Gores.

The Elemental/Magic damage will transfer to kicks but not shown in LCS.

The physical damage on the axe is irrelevant to Dragon Talon. Only physical damage from boots applies.

As for boots, Gores is a safe choice. But since deadly strike don't work with kicks, you can also go upped Goblin Toes to min-max your crushing blow. Shadow Dancers are also great if you already have CB stacked elsewhere.

Last edited:
DT does not affect weapon durability.
Have a read of the Assassin FAQ and ilkori’s guide in the stickies.

For me the top two weapons for general PvM play are Crescent Moon Phase Blade, or better Stormlash. Add upped Gores and Guillaume’s Face and you pretty much have it covered. Depends what your budget is, something like:

CM / Stormlash
Stormshield

Guillaume’s
Upped Gores
String of Ears/ Whatever
Duress / Enigma / Treachery etc
Trang’s Claws (for venom damage) / crafted 10% CB / Dracul’s Grasp

Mara’s + Ravenfrost + Leech ring

Famine is certainly viable, but it isn’t the best pick. You would need to go BoS I think. But with Guillaume’s and Gores you get 50% CB which is enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: d2lover
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High