Excalibur's Progress

I gave up with Insight IG in the Pit during the MFO. I couldn’t keep him alive at /p7.

I always go Holy Freeze on a Cold Sorc, but Might is good too. With Fortitude and an eth Thresher he is a big help with CIs.

Reactions: Excalibur
I mean.. Prayer merc for sure right? Is there any other merc that provides good benefits to a caster? Or are you talking about gear choices? Infinity can break cold immunes if necessary in some situations and will help your damage output in places like AT if you feel you need it. Insight is like comfy mode and can handle taking out cold immunes quickly enough on P1. Looks like you're mfing and I usually just run my infinity on there because with my full tals mfer setup I don't generally have mana issues and it feels like my run times are faster. But yeah I don't really see a different option other than prayer it's like qol right? Comfort is king to me, keeps me running longer. What are the other options though like defiance? Or you could run a might merc for their own damage. But I prefer not that because although a merc slaps the shit outta everything on P1 generally they still aren't as fast as you just killing things even if you're teleing right onto the yellow mob. But I dunno I guess maybe it depends on what you're running and your long term plans. I never pick anything else tho.

Edit: oh freeze aura is good too I guess. I don't really pick it because I've never needed it. Prefer mana and life regen and prayer and insight together are synergistic and make runs more comfortable. I think if your runs will be dangerous and you risk dying frequently then pick holt freeze and if not then pick prayer. Holy freeze was never worth it to me on a cold sorc which I used primarily for mf. But if you wanna use it for farming to 99 in like CS or something I've never done that so I dunno what's best there.

I have never used a Prayer merc, I really don't know how useful it can be. I was mostly leaning towards a defiance for extra safety or perhaps Might for better leaching and more aggressive build.
I am mostly mfing at P8 and most times a boss pack can quickly kill him.

I gave up with Insight IG in the Pit during the MFO. I couldn’t keep him alive at /p7.

I always go Holy Freeze on a Cold Sorc, but Might is good too. With Fortitude and an eth Thresher he is a big help with CIs.

That's my issue right now, Merc dies way too often and I have a tendency to always farm at P8 because I really want the experience.
I am using a Holy Freezer right now but I think it is quite wasted since I always freeze the minions with Glacial Spike.

I was too lazy to move the CTA I have on this Sorcy since I though I wouldn't need it but right now that will be my first move.
I still can't decide :( but thanks for your feedback.

IMHO there are only two viable options: Might or Holy Freeze. Especially in SC there is little reason not to use a Might Merc tho.... I´t´s debatable weather a might Merc is even the tankiest......sure better than Defiance!

The best Move might be to get your Merc a Delirium as peeps that are doing Seal Runz!

What equipment is the merc wearing? Have you pinpointed what kills him? Elemental / physical damage? Reapers usually solves any survivability issues but maybe you don't feel like dropping insight? Sometimes a bit of FHR does wonders as well if he has none.

Reactions: Excalibur
To be honest, I didn't put much attention to him.

Usually all my casters have % damage reduction gear on the hirelings.
This one has Vampire Gaze, Shaftop and Insight and yet he dies from physical attacks.

I am mostly worried on which aura to use and I think I am mostly leaning in Might with Reaper's as you said for two reasons.
Life Leech has proven to be a better source for survivavility on hirelings and the chilled effect from the cold spells along with the Dececripfy will combine perfectly!

My thinking was that it might be worth it to try if some tweak solves the problem so you don't need to reset your map. On that note, your merc has 0 FHR. Not sure if that is the issue but he sure wont be leaching while in hit recovery. Slapping a Shael in helm / armour jumps from 15 frames to 11 frame recovery speed.

Edit: as an aura is not necessary to help your sorceress, maybe a barb merc could work. :unsure:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High