Excalibur's Progress

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
Hey guys,

I am farming quite a lot the past weeks and decided to open my own thread.
I dare to say I was quite lucky during these days and I wanted to keep my progress gathered in one area.

Currently I am farming with Pure 200% FCR Fire sorcy for runes.
I will keep farming till she hits Level 95, she is 94 now.

So far she has found an Ist and a Lo and few minutes ago... BAM!
Can't really describe my reaction when I get these. :D
Jah.jpg

Babyhell

Mar 13, 2020
France
Running WSK with pure Fire? Interesting choice, I keep this idea in a hidden place in my head ;-)

Great drops, congrats!

Reactions: Excalibur

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
If you have infinity WSK 1 & 2 are doable, even in players 8, much better than I expected.
WSK 3 and the Throne room usually have many fire immunities though!

Thanks!

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
Infinity all the way! Most useful runeword!
You should carry it through all your chars and your life will be easier!

After some hours of farming with my Fire Sorcy,
best thing to drop so far was a Gheeds!

Screenshot001.jpg

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
I am now running with my 94 Blizz MF Sorcy.
First good find but eventually wasn't as good when identified. :D

Screenshot002.jpg

Screenshot003.jpg

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
I created recently a new MF character!
I am currently lvl 66 with my Poison necromancer and just Isted the best Death's Web there is. :ROFLMAO:
I am planning in running the pits since all these years I haven't a single character for Pits.

I would like some advice on Hireling. What would you guys pick?
Screenshot001.jpg

Reactions: Miron and Swamigoon

Swamigoon

Apr 18, 2020
I don't think there's a compelling reason to change the mercenary from the Insight carrier you already have. What's his other aura?

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
Yeah, I was mostly worried about which aura to chose.
He has holy freeze now which I think may cause trouble like slowing down mobs and not being close enough for the poison nova to hit them or they will freeze to death leaving no corpse behind.
I was thinking for Defiance or Prayer perhaps?

ffs

Mar 13, 2020
Assuming you want fast clear speed with heavy use of CE, Might is still ideal. The Merc gets you the first corpse to start the CE chain, so he should dish out as much damage as possible, while PNova helps him and deals some damage to other monsters so that CEs can be chained more smoothly.

Insight is great, another option is Infinity if you have it and make an Insight Iron Golem to still get its aura.

Excalibur

Jun 28, 2020
Greece
Might seems like a good idea.
Insight in Iron Golem is something I completely forgot. May I ask here, how sturdy the Iron Golem is?
Should I invest all the remaining points in him or CE?

Thanks!

NorthDakota

Sep 8, 2020
I mean.. Prayer merc for sure right? Is there any other merc that provides good benefits to a caster? Or are you talking about gear choices? Infinity can break cold immunes if necessary in some situations and will help your damage output in places like AT if you feel you need it. Insight is like comfy mode and can handle taking out cold immunes quickly enough on P1. Looks like you're mfing and I usually just run my infinity on there because with my full tals mfer setup I don't generally have mana issues and it feels like my run times are faster. But yeah I don't really see a different option other than prayer it's like qol right? Comfort is king to me, keeps me running longer. What are the other options though like defiance? Or you could run a might merc for their own damage. But I prefer not that because although a merc slaps the shit outta everything on P1 generally they still aren't as fast as you just killing things even if you're teleing right onto the yellow mob. But I dunno I guess maybe it depends on what you're running and your long term plans. I never pick anything else tho.

Edit: oh freeze aura is good too I guess. I don't really pick it because I've never needed it. Prefer mana and life regen and prayer and insight together are synergistic and make runs more comfortable. I think if your runs will be dangerous and you risk dying frequently then pick holt freeze and if not then pick prayer. Holy freeze was never worth it to me on a cold sorc which I used primarily for mf. But if you wanna use it for farming to 99 in like CS or something I've never done that so I dunno what's best there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Excalibur