Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

You could be correct. For a star Trek there is very little character development and basically no char besides Michael Burnham. But for a regular sci fi it could be ok

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It's like all the other characters are just there to fill space and meet quotas. Morn on DS9 had more character development, and he never had any lines. Definitely not in line with the normal Star Trek formula.

Imagine taking some of the hundreds of disposable "red shirts" that exist on every Star Trek episode and just plugging some of them into nearly every position of the key crew. Furthermore, you don't actually dispose of them and you never bother to build them up so they can get a different shirt. That's pretty much Discovery in a nutshell.

Wouldn't know not really follow star trek all that much, I should try and get into it.

You should. There's a reason it's been around so long and has so many followers. ;)

Some of the most recent stuff isn't so good, like the aforementioned Discovery. But I got a lot of enjoyment out of the original, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager. Enterprise is alright, but not as good as the previous iterations IMO. And then of course there's the movies. In fact I think Wrath of Kahn is still considered not only one of the greatest Star Trek movies, but also one of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time.

Reactions: queenEm
*gently pushes bar swinging doors*
*many patrons drinking in the bar, no one paying attention to a new stranger that just walk in*
*walks towards the counter, looking at the bartender*

Hi, how're you doin'

Greetings! Stay a while and listen

And while you are at it; please get me another glass of chardonney. I am thirsty dreaming of the D2Res :)

*sips beer*

Can I say blizzard redeemed themselves a little with D2 Res after the Diablo Immortal 'fiasco'?

Eh, maybe a little bit. The Diablo Immortal thing was pretty darn bad. Not to mention that bit about "don't you all have phones" left a particularly bad aftertaste.

*signals the bartender for another tankard*

With announcement of D2 Res, what's the community's stance on <snip> mod?
(both having shared stash)

Last edited by a moderator:
*signals the bartender for another tankard*

With announcement of D2 Res, what's the community's stance on <snip> mod?
(both having shared stash)
<snip> will never have support here - gomule is supported and provides all you need from a shared stash perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note: snippa is the name for the female genitalia in Swedish.
Just wanted to share, knowing that makes your conversation above pretty funny (if you are tired and hungry and ... well just silly really...)

Reactions: Glurin
I might have found that funny if I hadn't already had to battle other websites and chat programs that use word filters that try to filter out every potentially offensive word in every language on the planet. Some of them don't even bother with letter context at all, so if you say something like "the pen is mightier than the sword" or "training grounds", what you get is "the ****** mightier than the sword" and "traini*****ounds".

Oh I wasn't critizising your language!! I don't think I have come across a more polite and considerate yet very entertaining community!

It just made me smile 😀 kind of like the old joke where you reply to everyting "...as the woman said". Gets funny after a couple of drinks and you may need to leave your inner feminist at the door. Which is of course hard for me since I am feminist to the core!

Need to stop ranting now and start working

Oh I wasn't critizising your language!!
Didn't think you were. I was just criticizing attempts to pander to the ultra-thin skinned who are offended by such things. It's made what should be simple communication quite problematic in some places.

Fact is a lot of great comedy is built on words and sounds having different meanings across languages and cultures. One example I like is from The Private Eyes, where Don Knotts is interviewing a (over the top) Japanese chef about the murder he's investigating. Knotts says something and the chef responds with "Ah, so.", to which Knotts replies "What did you call me?" ("Ah, so" roughly translated is something like "Ah yes", "I see" or "I understand")

Here's the scene just in case you're interested.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High