Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

I'm partial to Darjeeling and gunpowder. No additions like cow juice or lemon, maybe a tad of honey when I have a sore throat. Sometimes a Splash of whiskey on a cold day.

Reactions: maxicek
Gunpowder and whiskey? Sounds like a Thin Lizzy song. I’ll take one of those please.

• Haha
Reactions: zemaj
The only additive good coffee ever truly needs is whiskey.

That said, the older I get, the more caffeine and alcohol upset my stomach, so do that far less frequently than I once was prone to. These days, I'm far more likely to have a bloody mary or screwdriver if I feel the need for AM alcohol.

Reactions: maxicek
Double-post ftw! Also, bar was page2... for shame people...

I posted about this is the OTF "what are you listening to" thread, but I have found a new musician that I am really digging, and thought I'd share in case any of you would be interested. Its rap, which isn't my usual, and dude looks kinda... different, but his message is amazing. It is prone to be offensive, but give a chance, and listen to the lyrics. Has made me feel a little less alone in a world which I find increasingly alienating, and the more I listen to his work, the more I like it.

EDIT:
Something about posting about this guy her tickled at my brain and it finally shook loose. @John Remedy tried to tell me about this guy, back on the old site, like over a year, maybe 2yrs back... sorry I didn't listen then. My most profound apologies, bro.

Last edited:
Not much of a coffee drinker myself. Had a cup or two on very rare occasion, but not a regular drinker.

Lately I've found myself enjoying Pero though. It's a coffee substitute made with barley, chicory and rye. Has the same taste and smell, but without the caffeine and a low acidity, so it won't keep you up if you drink it late at night or something.

• Love
Reactions: zemaj and Swamigoon
I'm going to have to check that out. Not letting go of caffeine, it's one of my few remaining vices, but low acidity non-caffeinated thing might not be bad as I do drink coffee late and then have issues sleeping, particularly if I get any refluxish thing going on, so yeah.

That's only because you haven't tried a venti salted charamel mocha frappuchino with five pumps of frap roast, four pumps of caramel sauce, four pumps of caramel syrup, three pumps of mocha, three pumps of toffee nut syrup, double blended with extra whipped cream. (https://www.buzzfeed.com/delaneystrunk/15-drink-orders-from-starbucks-that-will-make-you-ask-are)

Yeah, aside from not being a regular coffee drinker, that would be one of the other reasons I don't go to Starbucks. Can I please just get a plain large black coffee and a packet of sweetener? :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: zemaj
I think that could classify as a sundae, as is...

Like, you could drink that, or you could have any 2 meals from McDamnit, in one sitting, and it would possibly work out to the same caloric content.

I'd hate to see the price tag on such a monstrosity, as well... for what it is (vile) Starbucks is like the most overpriced, nasty swill you can name (just, barely, leading anything from McDamnit). When I think coffee, Starschmucks isn't even close to what I am wanting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glurin
I think I've only ever had coffee from McDonald's once, and that was because I was running on at most two hours of sleep and had to get to work, so I was in dire need of a caffeine injection. I remember thinking after drinking it that that was about all it was good for too.

@Glurin can only imagine it was pretty bad... never tried it myself, but then I pretty much only go to McDonalds if I need wifi for some reason and there is nowhere else around, in which case I typically order a soda.

You could just go to the supermarket, grocers, decent coffee place and get a real coffee then with the left over money buy some other things to take home with you and make your own.
Also a possibility is just to skip the coffee and fast food, get some real food and have less calorie intake.

@skiffcz I'd join you in a celebatory drink but I'm at work so it will be water or tea.

@queenEm Congratulations on beeing 18 years with 27 years of experience. I thought you were younger.
How are you doing?

Well, in my head I am still 32, it's just the physical decay that is becoming more and more clear...

I'll have a drink with both of you! 🍷🥂

Reactions: skiffcz
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High