Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

@queenEm Swimming pool? What season is it in Sweden? "Autumn break" around here means 10-20C temperatures, much to chilly for a kid-friendly swim!
Well indoors of course... Outdoor swimming is only possible in early August. Maybe also in July for the brave... Some say cold, I say refreshing. But water temperature below 16 is a bit cold also for me and makes for a short swim...

I once swam in a mountain lake, now that was cold.
I also once swam in a natural hot spring, now that was warm.

• Haha
Reactions: queenEm
Need something to put me to sleep. I might have overdone it with trying to play through those games I bought way back in the day when they were on sale... but never got time to play... 16 hours the last 3 days into Witcher 1,after which I intend to play through part 2 to in order to then (finally!) play part 3 which I bought in the gog Halloween sale. Plus I bought Divinity Original Sin II in the sale. So you probably won't see me finishing my D2 goals this year... 🤪 I needed a change of scene though - but no worries, I will always be coming back to D2! (and I will frequent the SPF no matter what). Does anyone have experience with any of the games?

My girlfriend loved the Witcher 3. Damn, I probably have 30 games on steam I've bought but never played

Sounds spiffing!

How to make easy and "healthy" milkshake. Whenever we have bananas that are turning brown we peel them and put them into a freezer bag, same with strawberries and all kinds of fruit. You do need to prepare them though, peeling / slicing and dicing.

Take strawberries or banana out of the freezer put in a blender, add about the same amount off milk as fruit.
For runnier version add more milk for thicker milkshake add less.
Maybe add a bit of brown or custard sugar if it isn't sweet enough, test out how much works for you.
Blend and voila easy, tasty quite heathy milkshake. Might have a bit of added sugar, if you decide to add some but no ice cream. You can of course add ice cream as well and use non frozen fruit, or let it thaw a bit before blending.

• Love
Reactions: Swamigoon
You can also make fruit popsicles with fruit that is getting too ripe. Puree in the blender add some liquid (lemon, orange juice, water, ...) pour into popsicle makers and freeze.
If the fruit is frozen and you want to make popsicles, puree the frozen fruit, scoop the puree in the popsicle maker, make sure to press down on the puree so it is packed tight, back in the freezer it goes.
You could also add liquid to the puree and blend again then pour it into the posicle maker but you risk ending und up with a frozen mass of fruit and liquid or if you add too much liquid that the posicles taste bland.

If you slice the fruit very fine, you could for example take pineapple juice, put slices of fruit in it and then pour that into popsicle maker, pineapple juice popsicle with chunks of fruit in it.

Spotted bananas tend to get baked into bread around here, on the occasions there are spotted bananas.

Totally with you on saving over-ripened fruit, though. I always find it kinda staggering how much good food people will toss out just because "it turned colors". No kidding, it's called oxidation, and it happens to everything that isn't sealed. Doesn't mean it's bad... just that it needs to be processed before it goes bad.

Easier solution is to not over-buy produce. Granted, much easier for me by myself, but just being willing to stop at the grocery twice a week instead of once makes a marked improvement on spoilage rates. Seems like most people I know want to try making as few shopping trips as they can, and while I can see the point in time savings, I like fresh food, not half-wilted, frozen-then-defrosted food. Also, it isn't like that extra little social interaction within your community is going to hurt you... although I certainly understand that sentiment as well.

Alternately, gardening is coming back into vogue, and I think that is probably the single best way to source your produce.

After all that about produce, here's my favorite tomato salad recipe:
In a large cylinder combine-
1 1/2L fresh tomato juice
1tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
1/2tsp salt
1tsp Worchestershire Sauce
Juice of 1 lime
Contents of 1 fifth of vodka of preference

Stir together over ice and allow to chill while garnishing servings

Per serving-
1 celery stalk
1 strip of bacon (precooked)
Pickled green beans
Green olives
1 stirstraw/large toothpick

In an iced glass arrange celery, bacon, beans standing on end. Skewer olives through with straw/toothpick and set aside. Pour salad over contents of glass. Top with olives and pepper sauce to taste.

*serves salads*

@coju Been a minute, glad to see you found the new place.

@queenEm First time I had a proper bloody mary (not just tomato juice and vodka :sick:), bartender slid it across the bar and I looked at it a sec then asked her "Is that a beverage or a salad?" Bartender paused, thought for a sec, and said "Yes."

@kamap some people feel very strongly about thier pepper sauces, so I tend not to brand, same as liquor. Tabasco, Cholula, or Valentina are my go-to. I'll check out Sambal though.

I haven't found a pepper or hot sauce that I didn't like. Those two are my go to's though.

Been a while since I've posted here at the ol' SPF. I was really active for a short while and then just the general pandemic depression hit and I've been less focused on hobbies and more focused on just getting through all this crap. Either way, it hasn't been all bad. Did a mini-honeymoon with the wife (since our out of the country excursion will have to wait) and went to a nice, uncrowded, extremely constantly sanitized all inclusive type resort. Got pampered and relaxed on the beach, generic for sure (or at least not our style) but still was nice. Upcoming holidays are going to be heavily secluded because I live in one of those states that's HORRIBLY mishandling the pandemic (go Oklahoma!) and I'm trying to not die.

Hope the rest of y'all here in the SPF are doing well, I've been playing on occasion, just not enough to report anything of value.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High