Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

Never got into Star Trek... No good reasons why, just... Didn' like it 🤷‍♂️

But maybe there's no need for a sane, honest and moral woman to beam herself to your front door, @logoutzero , simply showing up will do just the same, I hope? *crosses fingers*

Still having a headache, maybe some cider can take care of it?

Right, no beaming required!

I'm not a huge fan by any stretch of the imagination, but received my share of exposure to it because my mother watched it a lot growing up, and my ex wife was a fan.

*serves cider to grisu

Had a nice walk with my parents in a forest area close to our home with a nice coffee place. I love spending time with my parents. They are my greatest support! They live maybe 2 km away and are retired meaning they help out with the kids whenever I ask them.

Now I'm starting a venison stew, 3 hours of cooking will make for an excellent dinner tonight. Maybe some red wine with that?

My dad is recently retired. Since I moved to day shift at the beginning of the year, we've been able to spend so much more time together, and it's wonderful. Unfortunately can't visit him until my coworkers test comes through...

*Eagerly awaits 2 more hours for a bowl of stew* Red wine ought to pair nicely with a hearty stew.

Venison doesn't usually pair as well with beer as wine, and I'm a strong believer in beer pairing most meals equally or better than wine.

Notable exception being burgers made with venison... a nice red ale works great for that.

Now some brown beer and chowder... thats just like a match made in heaven.

EDIT:
@logoutzero that really depends on the vintage. Some reds are much better chilled.

@logoutzero that really depends on the vintage. Some reds are much better chilled.
If it's sweet, I want it cold! I'm not nearly enough of a connoisseur to know the differences in vintages or wineries or anything. Heathen I tell you!

The more tanines a wine has, the more it will be afraid of the cold.
That is why most sweet red wines and white wines can stand the cold better, it doesn't change the taste all that much.
Compared to a red wine that has a lot of tanines, yeah please do not chill it. The taste will change a lot.

Most meals can indeed be paired with beer. There are indeed a few exceptions, depends a whole lot on how strong the meat / fish / cheese tastes and something strong tasting pairs better with a strong complementing wine then with beer, though there are a few beers that go well with strong tasting things though.

I have an interest. Mostly an interest in brown beers and good food.
I do enjoy wine from time to time but I'm more of a beer person to go with food.
I also enjoy Whisk(e)y for after dinner or as a late evening drink.

I enjoy all kinds of foods and alcoholic beverages though but brown beers and whisk(e)ys are my go to things.

Anyone have any suggestions for... A tactful way to suggest "I'm open to spending some time with you to get to know you better" that leaves both parties a way to avoid rejection/awkwardness? She's expressed interest in "drunken Jenga" and Cards Against Humanity. I just don't have the foggiest idea on how to close. I don't want to say "Since we both like those things, we should play together, how's Saturday night for you?"

I'm thinking I should have a game night with some friends, then try to fit "We played some games over the weekend, and ________ happened that was just absolutely hilarious!" into casual conversation and see if she voices interest in joining?

Like, I want to present the opportunity without putting her on the spot, if that makes sense?

*serves dew, dark beer, whiskey, and wine*

Well, I think either way you put it she will know you are interested. So I think you can just make a suggestion for coffee or something, it doesn't matter. The real challenge comes if she says no. Then you have to convince her that you are superfine with that! And as long as you comfortable with her saying no, so will she be

Hey me and a couple of friends will be getting together this weekend to play some games, care to join or would you rather spent some time alone with me before meeting my friends, let's say over a coffee or did you have other plans for the weekend?

That gives her 2 choices and makes it clear that you want to spent time with her. She can also say that she has other plans for the weekend which might be true or might not be, there shouldn't be any akwardness with any reply. If she had other plans you can put the ball in her camp be suggesting that she let's you know when she has a free weekend / day.

Good luck @logoutzero on your ask.

Glad I don't have to work about that sort of thing myself, anymore. My now-girlfriend originally asked me out when I was dating a couple of other women. We've been together for almost a year and a half now.

Well, I asked her out for a drink, and she replied with "I like to clean my house on my days off, and deal with my demonic three year old." So, I'm pretty sure that's a hard pass. I smiled, told her if she wanted to get out for a while to look me up, and left it at that. No skin of my nose!

On to the next one. Cheers! :)

You did well 😀 good luck with the next!!

Sweden has increased lockdown meaning the swimmingpool is closed, shops are closing etc. With autumn break I now have 4 bored kids to take care of all day. Luckily we have pumpkins and a grandma. Also will be making a pecan pie!

Make a giant marbles rollercoaster through the house, using used toilet rolls, tubes, cloth and assorted other stuff.

Well, I asked her out for a drink, and she replied with "I like to clean my house on my days off, and deal with my demonic three year old." So, I'm pretty sure that's a hard pass. I smiled, told her if she wanted to get out for a while to look me up, and left it at that. No skin of my nose!

On to the next one. Cheers! :)
There she handed it to you on a plate..." Demonic three year old? It happens that from hours of playing a certain computer game I know just what to do to make little demons cooperate!" 🤪

Good thing you tried though! Best luck for next time!

Random note: my covid-19 test is negative! So me and the kids can finally visit my dad again 🥰

• Love
Reactions: Pb_pal
@Grisu That's wonderful news! Glad to hear :D

The population here is only twelve thousand. Prospects are pretty slim around here lol! I can drive about 40 minutes in any direction and be to a larger city, but right now isn't the best time for that sort of mess.

@queenEm Swimming pool? What season is it in Sweden? "Autumn break" around here means 10-20C temperatures, much to chilly for a kid-friendly swim!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High