Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

@logoutzero: Kudo's to making the best out of the situation you find yourself in and I bet you are a much happier person then the ex or atleast will be when the kids are grown up and know what you did for them.

I feel you with the housework never ends, take into account that we are still redoing parts of our home and then it really piles up.

@kamap Don't even get me started on the maintenance, repairs, and upgrades I've got waiting for the right time to get started on! Exterior doors and windows, new flooring, update to sheetrock and insulation, new bathroom fixtures along with updates and repairs to some of the plumbing, and eventually, I'd like to get rid of the kitchen cabinets and counters and replace them with something more, attactive lol

As I bought the place, it has this weird grapevine/grape motif with a reddish wood laminate floor, brown wood cabinets, and this strange green-marble laminate countertops. A sore sight to behold, for sure! I've got to spend a little while recovering from everything, but the facelift is simmering on the backburner, so to speak!

Edit: The first thing I did after buying the place was to install a new roof. I ended up going with a metal overlay, right over top of the existing shingle roof. The roof is in structurally sound shape, but there were a couple of places where storms had blown bits of the shingles away.

That, and a new propane tank for gas service, and a water heater. Those things together ate up a fairly substantial amount of the first year's budget. Been here about 6 months now.

Last edited:
@Grisu: Thank you sir! I'm trying to do right with the hand I've been dealt. Certainly, finding time to play D2, no, *making* time is therapeutic for me. I end up firing up the game, getting started, then leaving it running minimized an awful lot. Having something I enjoy for the short times where the kids are occupied, where I can stay in and keep things managed is good for me. And of course, late at night once they've gone down for the day :)

The housework never ends!

I'll have to do some forum digging, but it sounds like you and I aren't in very dissimilar situations? Either way, keep up your good work! :D
Well, I guess my life is not as complicated as yours! 2 kids only and a wife with whom I can share the burden that is the iron will of children 😅 I switched to working part-time (50%) to take the load off her somewhat, because she works as a doctor in her own practice and has loads of work to do. I wanted to be able to care more for the kids and my father and keep the house somewhat tidy...so not so similiar after all, I guess...?
esp. concerning your workmanship! I am glad to not hit my thumb while trying to put a nail in the wall with a hammer...:unsure: Fixing the slides on our furniture is all the workmanship I have to offer!

Making time for D2 as a therapeutic means is where we meet though 👍

The color theme of your house sounds...interesting...😬

Ah yes. To quote the famous philosopher:

As far as differences in our lives, we all have our own hurdles to jump, which are equally challenging and respectable. Staying home to take more care for father rings true to me. I will miss him, but continue to help him in this life by looking after my mother. She's only a few miles down the road. She's completely lost without him. They were together for around 40 out of 55 years of their lives! Started dating in high school (sophomores I believe, around age 15-16) and stayed together for literally a lifetime. Ah, such is life :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu
Need something to drink to drown my anger - I tell you: NEVER treat another therapist's child as a therapist, because therapists are annoying as hell...

Reactions: Zenigma
That's one of those unwritten rules in life... doing your service/making your good for someone who has the same occupation is always one the most frustrating experiences you can have. Nothing quite like being told how you should do the thing you are being paid to do by the person paying you to do it because they don't want to/can't do it themselves for 'reasons' (although in this particular case I can only agree you shouldn't even try to be your own childs therapist...).

Luckily for me, most machinists will literally fight to make thier own parts, so hopefully I'll never have to deal with that particular piece of misery again.

Nothing for me this morning, I'm headed to work in about an hour. Just dropped by to say hello! I've got waves of good energy rushing over me this morning, and I can't put my finger on as to why. I guess I'm just in a good mood!

Maybe that energy will manifest itself into the physical form of an interesting, single woman... :geek:

I will keep my fingers crossed for a gorgeous woman will show up at your door steps, say hi and ask you out on a date 😀

I will keep my fingers crossed for a gorgeous woman will show up at your door steps, say hi and ask you out on a date 😀
I think gorgeous is overasking! How about sane, honest, and moral? Looks fade, hearts usually don't!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Now back to Star trek: Discovery which goes from really bad to really good and really bad again. How I miss Cpt Janeway and Chakotay...

*serves celebratory code red for the Ohio State blowout

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves sangria

7 of 9. Yes please. /thread :D<3
At first I sighed and thought something like "typical men..." and realised that to be honest I sat through 4 extra seasons of Stargate Atlantis because Jason Momoa is there as Ronon Dex. Seriously jummy. Maybe not the greatest actor of all times but yikes the looks...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High