Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

I think the FB algorithm might be off. On Saturday night, right before our ICE D2 multiplayer, I checked out FB. I haven't been using it to post or search or do anything much, but the advertisements/suggested groups have dramatically changed.
Your D2 character's armor is a Cuirass, is it? According to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, if you click on the audio link, it's pronounced the same as "queer ass."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cuirass

Yes, that's gotta be how your FB content was influenced...

That must be it. Can't imagine how many times I've typed Cuirass before, but I must have over the years at the SPF.

So, I mentioned to @ioupain that my old work had lots of spiders and snakes and other wildlife. So here are some images. Apologies for the tagging, but I do like keeping my photos as mine, and don't have them watermarked anymore.

Blue tongue13.jpgBrown Snake (2).JPGLittle Whip Snake.JPGMountain Katydid (4).JPGMountain Katydid (5).JPGMountain Katydid (7).JPGSpider (6).JPGWhite and Black Tiger Moth (2).JPGBlue tongue (2).JPGBlue tongue (2).JPGBlue tongue13.jpgBrown Snake (2).JPGLittle Whip Snake.JPGMountain Katydid (4).JPGMountain Katydid (5).JPGMountain Katydid (7).JPGSpider (6).JPGWhite and Black Tiger Moth (2).JPG

Reactions: ioupain and zemaj
Stop looking at me, you know I would at least have given them knives with the crayons. With their mouths or coiled around it and wiggling away, do you know nothing?

ps: Finally stumbled upon this bar again.

To be fair... Not everything in Australia wants to kill us. Only one of these is actually completely capable of serious harm/death. Drop bears, of course, always want to harm us, and they are incredibly smart. They remind me of when I went to Bali, the monkeys there. They know how to identify tourists and objects a tourist may carry, and specifically target them. Please be very careful and ask local guides to identify them over their similar cousins, koalas.
And that one happens to be the Eastern Brown Snake that reared up at me (2nd photo) as I was slowly approaching to get a good photo. It did not want to move away, as they normally would, but protect the area it was in. Most of the others might give a nasty, infectious bite, both others are completely harmless.

Reactions: ioupain
You are lying to your self to feel better. Everything in australia wants to kill you even the air and water.

Reactions: ioupain
I've got a couple of bluetounges living in my garden at home (the first and last lizard). They're great - keep snails under control.

That brown snake though - nice photo!

Eastern Brown Snaked and Tiger Snakes are the two bad ones in Australia.

Inland Taipan is the most venomous, but very rarely bites.

The saw-scaled snake on the other hand bites early and often, not very toxic but very agressive. Might be the snake with the most caused deaths in the world.

As @Jcakes said, the 1st and last photos, Blue Tongue Lizards are great natives. They control a lot of pest/insect populations, and aren't venomous. If harassed, they can offer a nasty bite and probably lead to bacterial infections from their mouths/teeth, but honestly, they like their space and will disappear among the grasses pretty quickly. They rarely chase. A great sight whenever I see them, but often missed by seconds as they escape quickly.

And yes, the second photo, the eastern brown snake is definitely venomous, and quite dangerous. It will tend to avoid confrontation, and prefer to slither away unless cornered or feeling protective. This particular one did not want to move away, and would defend the area. I got several photos approaching it, only keeping the best. This one was the best, where it reared up, absolute warning that I was getting too close and it was not in the mood to move away. Sadly the face is slightly out of focus, but... At that point, I was not willing to even try a second photo of it, as it was really annoyed. With that warning, usually the last from this type of snake, it was time to give it the space it wanted and deserves, and back away.
As Cakes mentioned, Tiger snakes are also very bad, venomous, and very distinctive. They tend to be more dangerous, as where an Easter Brown Snake will tend to retreat and avoid contact whenever possible, the Tiger Snake will actually chase a target that gets too close, for quite a long distance, including the ability to climb trees to chase a target. Luckily, they are still rare in urban areas, but are definitely possible to encounter in grasslands and bushlands when hiking. That said, I personally really would prefer to protect the remains of all of their habitats, and leave them in peace.

I hope you have some sturdy walking boots so the snakes have a harde rtime to bite your ankles. I agree though, let the snake have their space, they ar ewonderfull creatures even if they are deadly. I've always wanted one as a pet buy my parretns noever let me have one and now with the kids around I'll wait till they start askign about pets to suggest a non venomous snake.

Now for something completely different: I recently ordered a new gaming rig and I should get it next week, I've already received a new game from a friend via steam, as an early birthday present which is in 15 days. Guess how old I'll be turning physically (discounting the bad knee).

As @Jcakes said, the 1st and last photos, Blue Tongue Lizards are great natives. They control a lot of pest/insect populations, and aren't venomous. If harassed, they can offer a nasty bite and probably lead to bacterial infections from their mouths/teeth, but honestly, they like their space and will disappear among the grasses pretty quickly. They rarely chase. A great sight whenever I see them, but often missed by seconds as they escape quickly.

I've never had any issues with Blue tongues and regularly had them in my backyard - both growing up and now. They are very shy and will generally run away and hide as soon as I go outside. I also get the occasional gecko coming inside the house.

BTW what is the spider? An Orb Weaver?

I never got the spider properly identified, but believe it was some form of Golden Orb Weaver. I've got some top-side photos of it, which look similar to some of the other image searches, but specifically, I don't think I got it identified.

For the others, Little Whip Snakes (black head, brown body,) Mountain Katydid (bright blue and red stripes, as well as the photo where it is being held,) and White and Black Tiger Moth. The katydid uses the bright colours by lifting its wings in display, as a bluff - vibrant colours act as deterrents to potential threats, but it is pretty much a harmless insect, albeit absolutely stunning.

Yeah I thought it looked like a Golden Orb Weaver. I am not familiar with Katydids though. They look like a more pretty locust.

Will they swarm and eat you? I think them being in australia would suggest that.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High