Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

Ok, if you say so. Some restaurants give you an option of tomato along with whatever cheese you want. Personally, I like mine with plain cheese.

Usually Land O Lakes yellow or a few of the other brand name deli yellow American cheeses available here. Never the stuff in the plastic wrapper. Velveeta is good too, but it's an artery clog waiting to happen and it's a bit salty.

So...mac n cheese making?

Reactions: coju
Ok, if you say so. Some restaurants give you an option of tomato along with whatever cheese you want. Personally, I like mine with plain cheese.

Usually Land O Lakes yellow or a few of the other brand name deli yellow American cheeses available here. Never the stuff in the plastic wrapper. Velveeta is good too, but it's an artery clog waiting to happen and it's a bit salty.

So...mac n cheese making?
Velveeta Mac and cheese tonight, actually. Along with Mexican chicken with American instead of velveeta. My MIL loves velveeta and fake butter.
It hurts.

• Haha
Reactions: snickersnack
When I was a kid, my mom wouldn't buy Velveeta. Something about 'fake cheese bullshit....' My wife, on the other hand, grew up with "enchiladas." What are "Enchiladas?" you ask? Well, it's Velveeta cut into little logs, rolled in flour tortillas, arranged in a casserole dish, covered with canned enchilada sauce, then baked until the Velveeta melts, so like 5 minutes?

Yeah... her parents weren't exactly foodies.

Edit: Bear in mind that she grew up in Texas, so it's not like tex-mex food was a mystery to them.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Greetings fellow bar-.. ehhh... fellows. I'll stick to red wine. It's what I always do

Except for when I drink Gin and Tonic.

When I was a kid, my mom wouldn't buy Velveeta. Something about 'fake cheese bullshit....' My wife, on the other hand, grew up with "enchiladas." What are "Enchiladas?" you ask? Well, it's Velveeta cut into little logs, rolled in flour tortillas, arranged in a casserole dish, covered with canned enchilada sauce, then baked until the Velveeta melts, so like 5 minutes?

Yeah... her parents weren't exactly foodies.

Edit: Bear in mind that she grew up in Texas, so it's not like tex-mex food was a mystery to them.
Reminds me of Leo's version of a taco vs. what I would make at home lol

I have yet to make and eat the legendary "dogrito," a.k.a. "doggerito" -- a hot dog and some cheese, wrapped in a flour tortilla, nuked in the microwave.

Bartenders: how about a nice chocolate milk to wash it down?

As long as it isn't a fish taco

-Wife of a former co worker of mine used to like tacos with fish. Usually tuna.

I'll pass.

As long as it isn't a fish taco

-Wife of a former co worker of mine used to like tacos with fish. Usually tuna.

I'll pass.
More for me then. Love fish tacos!

Also, whoever said that Velveeta is "fake cheese bullshit" is spot on.

Edit: I'd rank spray cheese above Velveeta. :D

More for me then. Love fish tacos!

Also, whoever said that Velveeta is "fake cheese bullshit" is spot on.

Edit: I'd rank spray cheese above Velveeta. :D
Ever see cheese in a can with a nozzle tip?

My grandfather liked to mash pinches of Velveeta onto three-pronged fishhooks. He caught plenty of rainbow trout that way, while relaxing on his boat on the local reservoir.

Grilled freshwater trout in a taco is a treat.

I've come to realize the versions of most cheeses available to us here in the States were, until rather recently, exclusively pretty pale imitations. There are some great American cheesemakers, but instead all you could find in stores were yellow and white bricks that mostly just tasted like the same super mild and flavorless thing. I'm glad you no longer have to go to specialty places to find decent cheese.

Reactions: Oblivious
I've come to realize the versions of most cheeses available to us here in the States were, until rather recently, exclusively pretty pale imitations. There are some great American cheesemakers, but instead all you could find in stores were yellow and white bricks that mostly just tasted like the same super mild and flavorless thing. I'm glad you no longer have to go to specialty places to find decent cheese.

Bread and Coffee are also notoriously terrible in the States as well. At least your beers are starting to get better

In the South we don't concern ourselves overly with things like "bread" or "coffee". We're far more interested in what can be stuffed with cheese and meat and fried or smoked. We are a simple people with simple pleasures.

After spending more than three hours updating all my stashes to 2.5, I settled down to play some D2R and my PSU finally kicked the bucket. PSUs are cheap enough I suppose, but it's not worth fixing a ten year old computer with a dodgy graphics card. So I'm in the market for a new desktop computer; yay! God I wish computers weren't so complicated!

Reactions: coju
After spending more than three hours updating all my stashes to 2.5, I settled down to play some D2R and my PSU finally kicked the bucket. PSUs are cheap enough I suppose, but it's not worth fixing a ten year old computer with a dodgy graphics card. So I'm in the market for a new desktop computer; yay! God I wish computers weren't so complicated!
You may be in luck actually, what with GPU prices going down after the 4000 series from NVIDIA got presented and Ethereum mining kinda stopped. You may get some good used wares on ebay or so. The past 2 years have been kinda aweful, GPU prices skyrocketed. I am also thinking about upgrading, the PC is 8 years old but I did build a GTX 970 in at some point which seems to hold alright. Wish you good luck !

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High