Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

queenEm

Mar 14, 2020
You could be correct. For a star Trek there is very little character development and basically no char besides Michael Burnham. But for a regular sci fi it could be ok

Glurin

Jan 6, 2021
Here
Yeah, I noticed that as well. It's like all the other characters are just there to fill space and meet quotas. Morn on DS9 had more character development, and he never had any lines. Definitely not in line with the normal Star Trek formula.

Imagine taking some of the hundreds of disposable "red shirts" that exist on every Star Trek episode and just plugging some of them into nearly every position of the key crew. Furthermore, you don't actually dispose of them and you never bother to build them up so they can get a different shirt. That's pretty much Discovery in a nutshell.

kamap

Mar 16, 2020
Wouldn't know not really follow star trek all that much, I should try and get into it.

Glurin

Jan 6, 2021
Here
You should. There's a reason it's been around so long and has so many followers. ;)

Some of the most recent stuff isn't so good, like the aforementioned Discovery. But I got a lot of enjoyment out of the original, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager. Enterprise is alright, but not as good as the previous iterations IMO. And then of course there's the movies. In fact I think Wrath of Kahn is still considered not only one of the greatest Star Trek movies, but also one of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time.

Reactions: queenEm

Danen

Apr 7, 2021
*gently pushes bar swinging doors*
*many patrons drinking in the bar, no one paying attention to a new stranger that just walk in*
*walks towards the counter, looking at the bartender*

Hi, how're you doin'

queenEm

Mar 14, 2020
Greetings! Stay a while and listen

And while you are at it; please get me another glass of chardonney. I am thirsty dreaming of the D2Res :)

Danen

Apr 7, 2021
*sips beer*

Can I say blizzard redeemed themselves a little with D2 Res after the Diablo Immortal 'fiasco'?

Glurin

Jan 6, 2021
Here
Eh, maybe a little bit. The Diablo Immortal thing was pretty darn bad. Not to mention that bit about "don't you all have phones" left a particularly bad aftertaste.

Danen

Apr 7, 2021
*signals the bartender for another tankard*

With announcement of D2 Res, what's the community's stance on <snip> mod?
(both having shared stash)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jcakes

Mar 22, 2020
*signals the bartender for another tankard*

With announcement of D2 Res, what's the community's stance on <snip> mod?
(both having shared stash)
<snip> will never have support here - gomule is supported and provides all you need from a shared stash perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

queenEm

Mar 14, 2020
On another note: snippa is the name for the female genitalia in Swedish.
Just wanted to share, knowing that makes your conversation above pretty funny (if you are tired and hungry and ... well just silly really...)