Diablo 4 Boss Timer
Audio Alert:
Volume:
Diablo 4 Boss Timer

Does anyone use the 200 fcr breakpoint?

stillman

May 24, 2008

I believe you can reach 200 fcr by using wizspike, spirit shield, fcrs rings, crafted amy, vmagi, arachs and such. The question is, does the extra speed you get become not worth it due to all the damage you lose from removing bonus skill gear?

Re: Does anyone use the 200 fcr breakpoint?

Yes .

The only question you should ask is if you want to reach the 200fcr bp. There are already 200 lightningsorcs and fireballers. So why not? You'll lose some damage and again some speed, a compromise.

yes some builds use it

now whather you "should" use it is another thing..
as far as i know fcr wont help you with timered spells so first thing we really need to know is What build are you makeing??

It takes some really nice gear and charms to make a 200 shine and for most it's not worth it. I have a 200 fcr light sorc with 14 points in the fire tree. She's the best rusher Ive ever had and I can do solo hell baals runs in just over 3mins. She's Nova/charged bolt focuses with a weak firewall for frying souls and laying down on bosses while I static like mad.

I went

Griff
Vmagi
Hoto
35 fcr spirit
1fcr ring
1 soj
20 fcr ammy (had +2 zon skills :p doh! and a nice gob of mana and res)
Arachnid mesh
mage fists
Silkweaves boots for the mana

Conviction might merc.

Off the top of my head she had roughly 650 damage charged bolt, 2600 Nova , 4500 firewall. Casting at a 7fpa is a real treat that everyone should try at least once. Charged bolt melts face and nova in incredible in smaller games.

She wasnt as durable however as my 105fcr Tal sorc. She always felt a little fragile and then unlike the tal sorc she had next to no mf. I kept Phnx shield and cta on switch for a nice life boost and to redeem corpses after a fight to keep up on her mana hog needs.

I went str to equip, 156 for the monarchs after gear, like no dex and then with my bo she had 2K life, 2200 mana. I think it was roughly 60/40 Energy to vit.

For Pvp context, a 200 fcr es fireball is brutal.
overall I think I like the 105 and tal set the best.

Last edited:

Godly pure Light 200fcr sorcs can manage 2min15sec average Baal runs, standard bnet conditions (/p8, some of the other guys help kill).

Godly pure Light 200fcr sorcs can manage 2min15sec average Baal runs, standard bnet conditions (/p8, some of the other guys help kill).

true to this, I play on hardcore so a little caution goes a long way :p

200 fcr is nice speed freak. i loved my 200fcr fb pvp sorc way too much. most interesting duels were SvS, so much fun. especially 200 fcr fb sorc against mine 200 fcr sorc. was great fun :D

but 200 fcr is not a good idea in hc... really... but it doesnt mean you can try it, and see how long you can last :p ( we all gonna die, be it reset or another insane boss pack :p )

...as far as i know fcr wont help you with timered spells...

Technically it does help, but the overall margin is small enough that fcr is much less important. Basically, the time spent in casting animation is reduced by FCR (even for timered spells), but the timer between castings is not reduced.

I've played several 200 FCR sorcs, and really like them. Even if they're not the most powerful, I find them to be among the most fun builds there are.

If you're looking for an "optimal" build, look elsewhere. If you want to try a speed-freak, you've found your lady. ;)

By the way, possibly the safest build I've ever played was a 200 FCR Glacial Spike sorceress. I freeze most things solid, and have the speed to teleport away from anything dangerous. The power was surprisingly solid too (~14k per second, after CM).

its not bad on a fire or light sorc, although most don't go for it. and i wouldn't call it suboptimal, 200 fcr fire sorcs are really good duelers, hard to catch. although i prefer my maxblock fireball sorc.

that one frame quicker teleport can keep you alive for dueling and for general purpose PvM if you just want to get to your destination fast... but obviously if you have that much fcr you can't have that much MF either, so maybe not a good PvM build. you sacrifice a lot of mana and damage unless you have good gear.

I had a 200 fcr light sorc, she was kindof fun:

Griffon's
3 light skills 10 fcr magic amulet
Hoto
Vipermagi
35 fcr spirit
Magefist
Arach
2 FCR / Resist rings
Trek's boots.

7 frame teleport is just... really fast...

Last edited:

Woah, so there's such thing as 10 fcr +3 skill tree amy? I'm pretty lazy so it would help if I could tele around and never worry about where I'm going. Getting hit while teleing = my death I suppose, so the 200fcr would help there.

Woah, so there's such thing as 10 fcr +3 skill tree amy? I'm pretty lazy so it would help if I could tele around and never worry about where I'm going. Getting hit while teleing = my death I suppose, so the 200fcr would help there.

Yes but it can't have any other mods, since +3 skill tree only appears on magic amulets not rare or crafted ones. "Powered Amulet of the Apprentice"

I've played several 200 FCR sorcs, and really like them. Even if they're not the most powerful, I find them to be among the most fun builds there are.

^^This sums it up nicely.

By the way, 105 FCR should be more than enough for safe blind-teleporting. I'm not saying that superfast teleporting isn't fun (it is), but spamming fireballs/novas at 7 fpa is even more fun (and the reason why everyone should make a 200fcr sorc). :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High