Do you personalize?

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

Do you use Anya's reward to personalize an item?
I am trying to complete characters from all perspectives and it bugs me that this quest is unfinished in nearly all of my toons.

I could simply start personalizing random stuff but then again I am not quite sure how this would affect it's trade value.

If I ever find something like... super amazing, then yeah, I'd personalize that item. I'd even make a character named Kinkara so the personalization is perfect. Otherwise I don't see the point, really.

It'd be interesting to find an item you traded in bnet, for example. Then the personalization starts to make sense a little.

Reactions: WoG77 and Excalibur
I do, on all completed characters since completion to me means all quests and wps (minus Halls of Pain).

Items that I personalize though, tend to be common and something I know the character won't swap out of.

Canvass through all my characters and you can find tons of personalized LoHs, Gfaces, Razortails etc.

I tend to skip personalizing to keep pindle in H and forget about the rest of the quest in previous difficulties altogether. Anya shop without the red portal in front of it feels wrong.

Out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know the item description character limits? It would be interesting challenge to create the most mouthful item :)

Reactions: Excalibur
I always personalize once I've found an item that is good enough and characteristic enough for the character (like a sorceress' Frostburn or a snipers Buriza-Do Kyanon).

@Zyr

hmm... question is, you created the characters before or after finding those javelins:unsure:

that's a "scar" level question😅

@Zyr Long time no see. Love those :D

@Excalibur For me I would be unlikely to trade for a personalised item. Not out of the question, but it definitely makes it less interesting.

I have personalised a few things, but not many. I think all were 2h swords from my septs.

Reactions: Excalibur
For those who trade, would it be a reason not to trade such an item even if you were badly needing it?
If I had two offers of identical items, one personalized and one that wasn't, I would always choose the non-personalized item.

On the trading thing, I typically would devalue an item personalized, unless it was so awesome I just didn't care (a perfect runeword roll, or !!JACKPOT!!-tier rare/craft spring to mind) or if the personalization was in fact what I was after... an old MFO trophy, or something from a char I thought was awesome... Gripphon's Griffin's Eye & WoRG's Wolfhowl spring directly to mind for the former, AnnaGoAnna's Cracked Sash being the ultimate for the latter. I have some odd collection's, to be sure...

On the old forum, quite some time ago, there was just such a tourney, with the simple goal of being the best joke, as voted by the rest of the SPF via a poll... unfortunately the squid ate it before I even joined and I only know it through a "Remember that tourney?" thread. I would have loved to have seen the entire thread, but there were several forumites who posted screenies of thier entry, including the two winning items (also unfortunately, I did save them, but that HD burned out couple years back, and they were low priority for recovery...)

Goodness Graciou's Great Maul of Fire

Michael Jackson's the Face of Horror

Hmm... that second one may not have aged as well, but still hilarious, imo.

Not gonna lie, this had me :ROFLMAO:
Isn't it brilliant?

The 'survivors' I saw were all pretty good... actually, do you remember that, THC? I was trying to think of who else that's still around had been there before me, and @Helvete and @maxicek were the only two I could say for 100% predated my own membership, but now that I think of it, you could fit in that group as well.

Isn't it brilliant?

The 'survivors' I saw were all pretty good... actually, do you remember that, THC? I was trying to think of who else that's still around had been there before me, and @Helvete and @maxicek were the only two I could say for 100% predated my own membership, but now that I think of it, you could fit in that group as well.
I vaguely remember the tournament, but not the actual entries. I was active on the diabloii.net forums before Diablo 2 even officially launched back in 2000, but my first post in the SPF wasn't until 2008. I had started playing SP with my brother a little after I graduated college, and I gravitated towards the legit play and the SPF's welcoming embrace to all the weird and wonderful things you can do in D2.

• Love
Reactions: zemaj
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High