D2 Diablo II Resurrection

McGruber08

Mar 28, 2020
Hi. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the upcoming D2 remake. Will you guys start over and try it out?

I am definitely all in on this when it comes out. About to start another D2 run-through again though in the next few days.

Reactions: McGruber08
Still in a wait and see approach, but as long as there aren't any serious problems once it launches, it's definetly one I'll be adding to my collection.

I am definitely all in on this when it comes out. About to start another D2 run-through again though in the next few days.

Yep, me too! Currently shaking the rust off with a Blizzballer (just made it to Hell difficulty this afternoon).

It would be fun to see a Rush & Elly tour through D2:R. I liked seeing you guys do Diablo 1. :D

I'll definitely play through the remaster at least once after launch! I've thought about making a new character in regular D2 right about now as well. I just don't want to get burned out on it before the remaster...

We may do a D2 classic run through first but had been super busy lately so trying to find a time to get that going. Will deffo do a D2R as well, would be fun to compare.

I'd love it if they have at least 10 shared stash windows in both single and multi-player and Uber in single player. Now is their chance to bring that over with all the rune words.

This is already bringing lots of old friends back to D2. Definitely going to start from scratch with them and hope they keep interested

Definitely going to start from scratch with them and hope they keep interested
Ok, wow. When I read that I thought the statement seemed a little odd because wouldn't you have to start over anyway if you wanted to play the remaster?

But then I stumbled onto this: Diablo 2 Resurrected Will Let You Import Save Data From Original Release 😲

The article is a week old, so maybe I just never picked up on it, but that's pretty interesting. Still, I think I like the idea of going into D2R with a clean slate start anyway.

I will probably start with fresh characters too.

The real question for me is, will Torch and Annihilus be available for Singleplayer?

What about Ladderrunewords.

Yes I know, it says it is the same code, just different graphics, but maybe we will get that kind of surprise?

I guess the -direct -txt command line parameters will still work, so the runeword mod could be used in single player. Torches and Annihilus... maybe? Regarding bnet, I wouldn't count on ladder uniques and runewords being added to non-ladder.

BTW, Rome Total War Remastered has been announced as well, for end of April. My two favourite games, it' like Christmas and Easter in one!

Reactions: Rush
I was wondering about that a bit after I found out about the save data being compatible. Some old mods might work as well. It just depends on exactly what it is that they do and how they do it.

I guess it will ultimately be all about just trying it out and seeing what happens. Though even if an old mod does seem to work at first, might have to keep an eye on whether or not it ends up doing something like corrupting your character files over time.

Btw will it run on Apple too ?
Nope, I'm pretty sure your Apple II is way too old to run it. :p

Seriously though, from what I can tell, there is no support for Macs nor are there any plans to do so.

Grew up on a Commodore 64 myself. Still had it until shortly after college. 🙂

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High