• Hi everyone!

As part of our plan to create a unified community across all sites/logins, we have now integrated VGAssist into the forum community here and ported over some of the more popular guides. This part of the community will focus on game guides as well as a community videogaming Q&A section and we encourage you all to get involved too :)

While we were doing this we have fixed up a few visual anomalies in some parts of the forums too.

Diablo II goes Rogue-Like

Tears85

Mar 23, 2020
Hi Guys,

as u all know by now I totally love permadeath. What I totally don´t like is the idea of rogue-lites, because they don´t feature permadeath, but a endless grind which happens to be faster if u´r skilled....that´s kinda like my definition of D2 SC! xD However, there is this game called Darkest Dungeon, which was just a rogue-lite but added two vital things: Limited amount of Heros and limited playtime. This turned it into a rogue-like. In Diablo II this is very often done by singlepath. But I just had the idea why not feature the idea of limited time and death! This opens a tone of fun projects:

Example:
- 100hours FreeForAll with 5death! So one might play SC for 100 hours and quit the chars if he dies 5 times. So he might wanna bring up a record for barb but start as sorc for 20-30hours to play just 70-80 hours Barb twinked!?!
- 100hours Druid only HC
- Fastest 99 with a max of 5death
- SC but every death adds 3hours playtime

Ideas would be endless! This way 1 could even do a midway between SC and HC! :)

Ofc one could just use 1 of the 2 ideas...idc.

The main issue I see is how to make sure u´r not missing the clock.....would be really bad if u mess up clock after 99 hours! ~~

€: The advantage compared to singlepath is, that patiens isn´t rewarded that much. The disadvanatge that it becomes somewhat speedrunlike!

Let me know what u think about the idea!

Kind regards
Daniel

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo