Diablo 2 Resurrected Pre-Order Deal-Breaker

I genuinely didn't notice this at all while playing the beta, but now that I know.... I do prefer the OG sound. XD

Well, they're updating the graphics, so I guess it make sense they'd try to update some of the audio as well. I agree that the menu sound is a big miss though. Original is way better.

The Open Beta was awesome for the most part. Visually stunning most of the time. But I agree, certain sounds were off slightly to not even close when compared to the OG. Also some of the spells had really weird visual artifacts going on. Some colors seemed off. But mostly little things that I noticed any way. I am hoping they fix the bugs and don't do anything too crazy in regards to some changes being asked for in the Blizz forums, in my opinion anyway, I'll buy. But I will not pre buy.

I wrote something I would like to share here as well.

Why I cancelled my preorder. I never thought I do it.

I was struggling. I mean its diablo 2 remaster, something I hoped would happen for years.

Anyway, here it goes:

1. They added all ladder stuff to everywhere not because they are kind
and this is the right thing to do.
Its because we wont see ladders for quite some time. (we could live a week without ladder, alright?)

2. It is good news but only for singleplayer, where there were no means to obtain those items. (well almost)
In multiplayer, it makes sense that playing ladder gives rewards besides titles. I remeber perfectly how fun it was to wait till you ladder char brings the goodies to yer non ladder char.
Trading ladder only stuff on non ladder.
My opinion: they are screwing with core things.

3. Just thought I mention this as well,
the fact that they said that there is "old diablo 2 running beneath". Thats bollocks. Client - server relationship changed quite a bit. Now you have some sort of "transactions" going on even when you buy pots. I noticed some skills where straight not working - double swing, for example.
Stamina drained faster, etc.
Those are indicators that, if diablo 2 old core is still present, its has been disturbed.

Lets recap some things:
1. We are not sure that we will have 100% single player (might require to login first)
2. no tcp ip
3. no ultrawide
4. no ladders (member diablo 3 pvp?)
Thats why we got those sweet ladder items everywhere now.
5. Consoles no lobbies, no chat. Cant create or join custom games.
(They took their time to implement this, dont expect this to change at all)
Now you might say, that " but we still have pc version, its cool there right?" Wrong.
Cant create channels, lobby does not even have same character list in the bottom. (empty). Dont expect this to happen anytime soon too.

6. The bonus point. They advertised it to be same as diablo 2 but better graphics. Well its not the same. I hope they will bring it close to what it was. But I work in software development and I know that money wont buy you faster and better products. They have one month to fix the bugs. Trust me, Its not guaranteed that even the bugs will be gone. We will see more where that came from.

6a. They are not answering the right way or at all to people who gather and voice their concerns.

7. The ending has to be happy, message cant all be negative, so I will say this: playing diablo 2 with a controller, just wow.

Random note:
"guys we dont have time we release in one month"

Wait what? Did we as customers set this deadline? Or managers who want to profit off half baked product to get profits? "fix it later maybe" is the latest trend in big companies.

Last edited:
For the record, I absolutely DID preorder D2R and I wouldn't cancel or give up on it even if world peace depended on it.

Can't wait for Switch port especially. Offline mode isn't optional for consoles, and playing D2 any time any where without a laptop/trackpad/etc....
Yessssss

For the record, I absolutely DID preorder D2R and I wouldn't cancel or give up on it even if world peace depended on it.

Can't wait for Switch port especially. Offline mode isn't optional for consoles, and playing D2 any time any where without a laptop/trackpad/etc....
Yessssss
Switch sounds great, not sure they will pull it off smoothly. The fact that we still did not see anything in switch is a bit troubling. But that might just switch policies. Or its in cyberpunk state.

I wrote something I would like to share here as well.

Why I cancelled my preorder. I never thought I do it.

I was struggling. I mean its diablo 2 remaster, something I hoped would happen for years.

Anyway, here it goes:

1. They added all ladder stuff to everywhere not because they are kind
and this is the right thing to do.
Its because we wont see ladders for quite some time. (we could live a week without ladder, alright?)

2. It is good news but only for singleplayer, where there were no means to obtain those items. (well almost)
In multiplayer, it makes sense that playing ladder gives rewards besides titles. I remeber perfectly how fun it was to wait till you ladder char brings the goodies to yer non ladder char.
Trading ladder only stuff on non ladder.
My opinion: they are screwing with core things.

3. Just thought I mention this as well,
the fact that they said that there is "old diablo 2 running beneath". Thats bollocks. Client - server relationship changed quite a bit. Now you have some sort of "transactions" going on even when you buy pots. I noticed some skills where straight not working - double swing, for example.
Stamina drained faster, etc.
Those are indicators that, if diablo 2 old core is still present, its has been disturbed.

Lets recap some things:
1. We are not sure that we will have 100% single player (might require to login first)
2. no tcp ip
3. no ultrawide
4. no ladders (member diablo 3 pvp?)
Thats why we got those sweet ladder items everywhere now.
5. Consoles no lobbies, no chat. Cant create or join custom games.
(They took their time to implement this, dont expect this to change at all)
Now you might say, that " but we still have pc version, its cool there right?" Wrong.
Cant create channels, lobby does not even have same character list in the bottom. (empty). Dont expect this to happen anytime soon too.

6. The bonus point. They advertised it to be same as diablo 2 but better graphics. Well its not the same. I hope they will bring it close to what it was. But I work in software development and I know that money wont buy you faster and better products. They have one month to fix the bugs. Trust me, Its not guaranteed that even the bugs will be gone. We will see more where that came from.

6a. They are not answering the right way or at all to people who gather and voice their concerns.

7. The ending has to be happy, message cant all be negative, so I will say this: playing diablo 2 with a controller, just wow.

Random note:
"guys we dont have time we release in one month"

Wait what? Did we as customers set this deadline? Or managers who want to profit off half baked product to get profits? "fix it later maybe" is the latest trend in big companies.
It's really only the tcp ip thing that annoys me.

Apart from that I'm sold. I've even been playing D2C for the last few weeks because I was fed up that the beta ended.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High