Diablo 2 Remastered rumors resurface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Vang
Rumors kicking into gear again and now it's supposed to be announced this weekend at Blizzconline, and bits of it already online under codename "Fenway". Haha! It never ends!

If it's happening, I find it strange how prominent leakers or journalists have got this one wrong earlier. My fan theory is they've intended to reveal it for a while but then Vicarious Visions got involved (and even purchased) with much reorganizing and maybe even resulting design/scope/goal changes for this project so that it simply became a poor opportunity.

Rumors kicking into gear again and now it's supposed to be announced this weekend at Blizzconline, and bits of it already online under codename "Fenway". Haha! It never ends!

If it's happening, I find it strange how prominent leakers or journalists have got this one wrong earlier. My fan theory is they've intended to reveal it for a while but then Vicarious Visions got involved (and even purchased) with much reorganizing and maybe even resulting design/scope/goal changes for this project so that it simply became a poor opportunity.

It honestly makes since, and based on the timeline for start to finish THawk's game it should be released relatively soon if they started in spring of last year.

I'd be happy with just a small expansion and a few bug fixes.

The stash and shared stash better be huge. There is never enough space, in any game. Hopefully they know this and add to it this time around.

I can't even put into words how amazing this game looks from the screens and videos. It looks a lot darker than previously by far. The game looks terrifying and Mephisto, holy crap. He literally looks like the Old cinematic now. @Rush Great job on the recap.

Thought Llama did a good job overall only wish he would of hit at at a few minor things on changes, but I'm sure someone here will have answers soon (even if they can't be shared by utilizing the tech Alpha)

Reactions: Rush
Thanks. Elly and I have been busy :) It does look seriously good though and it sounds like they have taken real care with it.

Fap fap fap

Alpha signup link.

This still feels so surreal. The game looks much better than I expected, and hearing they're treating the original like a classic car really gets my hopes up.

No MacOS support at launch :/ and at this point the classic Diablo II doesn't run on modern MacOS's due to being 32bit.

Strange choice to support esoteric platforms like PS4 and 5 (different hardware), Switch and Xbox and to make it cross platform progress trackable with PC but no Mac support.

Can't believe it. Auto-gold.

Of course, as someone who has been a SP purist since like 2005, it can't be exactly what I wanted (compatible with ATMA, etc.) HOWEVER auto-gold plus some degree of shared stash (and stat screen) are some of the most important improvements to the base game that were needed.

Still watching the panel.

Can't believe it. Auto-gold.

Of course, as someone who has been a SP purist since like 2005, it can't be exactly what I wanted (compatible with ATMA, etc.) HOWEVER auto-gold plus some degree of shared stash (and stat screen) are some of the most important improvements to the base game that were needed.

Still watching the panel.
Mod support will be there! I bet someone will figure out soon how to get atma/gomule capable. The in-game stash, hopefully will be searchable if it'd be 'infinite'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High