[d2r sept] the nowhere near magnificent 7

Arjan

Aug 10, 2021
It’s high noon in the desert town of Lut Gholein. The town folk are inside, escaping the scorching sun, when a stranger walks from the harbor. His eyes scan left and right as if he is looking for something.

“Well… that took you long enough! Where you throwing rocks at Andariel, or what?” A bunch of sturdy adventures walks out of the bar and greets the final member of their group.

Yep, another sept. A d2r one. And this one is a bit different because I play d2r on PS4 and a bit more relaxed. So no plans, no goals, no funny stuff. The only rule is “we are the magnificent seven and we ride together” and so the wait, after every act until every member of the sept has beaten the previous act boss.

So far I have 3 parked in act II normal:
- fire claw werebear
- blizzballer
- fire bowazon

Next up: fishymancer. And after that I am still not decided.

I have nearly all classes through act I normal. So I know what builds I will finish normal in (at least):
- Druid: fire claw werebear
- Sorceress: blizzballer
- Amazon: fire arrow
- Palladin: Hammerdin
- Necromancer: Fishymancer
- Assassin: Trapsin
- Barbarian: Frenzy

So far I really enjoyed the Hammerdin and Fishymancer. The Trapsin still feels a bit underachieving, probably because I am stubborn and didn’t start on the fire traps path. She’s nearly done with act I and then it’s up to the barb to finish that act and continue on to act II.

Maybe it’s because I don’t play as much as LoD on the desktop but so far the drops are a bit disappointing. Maybe act II will get me more goodies.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
So far I really enjoyed the Hammerdin and Fishymancer. The Trapsin still feels a bit underachieving, probably because I am stubborn and didn’t start on the fire traps path. She’s nearly done with act I and then it’s up to the barb to finish that act and continue on to act II.
Yeah, fire traps with Leaf runeword are the easy way to start out. This should be a good/fun thread. :)

I've never done a sept, but maybe I will at some point. I guess I just like the unstructured nature of doing mats and pats.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Finally have all classes in act II. I like the enhanced graphics for Lut Gholein a lot. The dessert feels more menacing too. The barb is the first to venture out of Lut, going to find the cube to free some much needed inventory space.

I’m not really sure how I’m going to manage gems and runes. With no options to mule them out that is going to be an issue to solve at due time.

Edit: well the barb has his cube. He died his first deed, so that was a bit of a bummer. Act II seems a bit harder than I did expected on the consule. Picking out the hollow ones out of a pack is harder then I hoped.

And now to update 2 screens of stash worth of runes, rejuvs and gems

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High