D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

What is this sorcery!?
I'm not sure what you mean.

D2R Patch 1.07 (for PC) was the patch before the current one (Patch 2.3).

(It's totally unrelated to the Legacy D2 Patch 1.07 ... if that's what you were thinking ...)

Bug or Perhaps Suggestion:
Clicking Alt will not show any items when you have both the inventory and the cube screen open.

Suggestion:
Barbarian merceneries can receive some Warchies as a buff. Will make them much more useful, will create some more strategies and perhaps break the domination of Act2 Mercenaries.

• Combat (Normal): Battle Cry
  • Defense (Normal): Shout
  • Offense (Normal): Taunt

• Combat (Nightmare): Battle Commands
  • Defense (Nightmare): Battle Orders
  • Offense (Nightmare): War Cry

I like any idea that is aimed at revamping the mercenaries. As it stands right now, is it safe to say that most mercenaries are either Act II Might or Act II Holy Freeze? Maybe if you have a Faith bow you can slap on an Act I Rogue, but you'd have to be pretty rune rich to do that. But it would be nice if other mercenaries were more viable too, and were able to use a broader spectrum of weapons. Whether it's increasing and/or switching around the Paladin auras they get, or the types of attacks they have....

Act 1 mercs - add a belt slot to make them more versatile. Up the lvl of their spell.

Act 2 mercs - fine as is, they are the standard after all...

Act 3 mercs - let them block per their stats and shield. Give them some synergies to their spells. Melee when in range.

Act 5 mercs - allow all melee weapons except daggers, the act 2 merc stuff or class specific. Give them ONE mastery, so you have to hire another if you want to swap weapon type. No warcries. I dont want my lvl 21 BO overridden by some mountain noob.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
Act 5 mercs - allow all melee weapons except daggers, the act 2 merc stuff or class specific. Give them ONE mastery, so you have to hire another if you want to swap weapon type. No warcries. I dont want my lvl 21 BO overridden by some mountain noob.
I like your ideas about masteries, but I think that some of the tactical shouts, not buffs, would be fun. Maybe something like normal hires get a mastery (maybe limited to just sword/axe/mace) and nightmare hires get tactical shouts (maybe just taunt/battlecry/warcry). They should all still have bash/stun. So, if you need some CC, get a warcry merc, if you want to buff your defenses, get battlecry.

One bug that I've noticed still occurs is the odd time where your character gets stuck in a spot, and the only movement you can do is spin him/her in a circle as you try and click different spots to move him/her. The only way out is to either teleport or TP, or to save and exit. This happened before D2R as well.

Another suggestion that occurred to me is regarding set items. How many sets are actually used/sought for end game? Tal Rasha's for the Sorc, Mavina's is great for a frost maiden, Trang Oul's for some types of necros, and sometimes IK set for a WW barb, I guess? But are Aldur's, Natalya's, and Griswold's sets ever used in full? And as for the other, non-class specific sets, other than individual pieces such as Guillaume's Face or Laying of Hands, are any of these used at all, much less as a set? The Disciple....Heaven's Brethren....Hwanin's Majesty....Naj's Ancient Vestige....Orphan's Call....Sander's Folly....Sazabi's Grand Tribute. I get that everybody seeks best-in-slot for end game and that almost always means rune words, but even for niche builds, are any of those sets even viable for end game? Even for an untwinked 99er, you're better off mixing/matching rares and/or crafted items than you are using those sets. I think that being able to up them in the cube would be a start in terms of helping make at least some of these a little more desirable.

Reactions: Friiser
How about more graphics on charms? Yellow for lighting resist, red for fire resist etc? Then I wouldn’t have to mouse over everything to check it all the time.
This!

And red tint on necroskeleton weapons when enchanted, so I don't have to spend 10 minutes making sure my semi-OCD is satisfied.

Is the AR bug fixed yet for the Amazon skills that advertise it but don't actually provide it? (power strike, cold arrow, fire arrow, magic arrow)?

Should claw mastery's AR not be ignored for assassin's blade fury?

Should a Blessed Aim aura augment instead of replace/waste an Amazon's passive AR bonus from penetrate?

Reactions: Zyr
Behold!

View attachment 72885

Three Baals in one Worldstone Chamber!

Um. That's weird. Right?

The clones appeared as I was running towards Baal. I kept going as I was on a mission to hit clvl 90 before bed, but, with moments left, decided it was at least worth a screenshot.

Haven't seen it since ...

EDIT: PC D2R Patch 1.07
Complaining for 3 Baals? 🤣😂

Untitled-1.jpg

Imagine if they all had the 1.07 corkscrew of death...

Remind me what was that? :unsure:
The mana burn attack of Baal used to do 500 or so magic damage back then. Also in 1.07 you had -100% magic res in Hell, so it would actually do 1k damage which could crit as well for an insane amount of 2k basically unresistable damage.

I'm thinking about new items for future patches as well as some ideas I've read here in the past few weeks. How about a new unique charm that removes class requirements on all affixes (but not item types), effectively turning them in 0skills? So for example, using that with Heart Carver would allow anyone to use Find Item in mf runs. Maybe make it a Grand Charm and (if needed) amend the rules on unique charms so that you can't use this with Gheed's Fortune. That's very powerful, so maybe it should be a large or small charm instead, which would then preclude using either the Torch or Anni, respectively.

I'm thinking about new items for future patches as well as some ideas I've read here in the past few weeks. How about a new unique charm that removes class requirements on all affixes (but not item types), effectively turning them in 0skills? So for example, using that with Heart Carver would allow anyone to use Find Item in mf runs. Maybe make it a Grand Charm and (if needed) amend the rules on unique charms so that you can't use this with Gheed's Fortune. That's very powerful, so maybe it should be a large or small charm instead, which would then preclude using either the Torch or Anni, respectively.
I would love that. More oskills is what I'm hoping for, for future runewords/uniques - they open up so many new builds and play experiences. In particular, strafe or multishot as an oskill would open up a huge amount of new ranger type builds that were previously limited to normal attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High