D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
I think it's a good idea to keep some of the bugs that we find in D2R gathered in one place.
This will also help many players be aware of those so they won't come as a surprise when they face them.
In addition, a list with a few more, perhaps QoL stuff, that we would like to see? Whenever adding a suggestion or bug please, refer to which version it is present (PC, console etc. )

Bugs
---------------
General
  • Deckard Cain won't identify items on Horadric Cube
  • You can't deposit gold if it exceeds the amount limit.
  • Players Command switch back to Players 1 after starting a new game.
  • Typing something in chat multiple times won't be kept for the next game
  • Merc aura is not displayed correctly in the Merc tab.
  • Holding the Show Items key no longer makes teleport uninterruptible by (mis)clicking objects or monsters
  • Screenshot doesn’t work if you re-map it from Print Screen.
  • Switching between running and walking, you can be stuck in running mode
  • Path-finding Issues with Merc, Summons and Enemies.
  • A WP can't be used until the animation is over.
  • Pressing and holding left thumbstick to autofill potions and scrolls in belt works very inconsistently.
  • Melee skills cost mana when holding shift and attacking nothing, it didn’t cost mana in legacy D2.
  • “Attacker Takes Damage” applies to enemies even when attacks miss/are blocked.
  • Iron Golem aura disappears after long around 30 minutes of constant gameplay.
  • Several issues with auras
  • Next Hit always Misses
  • You can't select conviction aura/have conviction aura active while wielding a bow as a paladin
  • No attack Speed Cap
  • Open Wounds animation is missing
  • You can't identify items that are placed in the Shared stashes.
  • Grief Damage Display
Monsters
  • Moon Lords remain idle after attacking.
  • Poison Vipers
  • Baal's exp is capped at players 3
  • Diablo's Lighting Attack
  • Pindle minions frozen solid still display their charging animation
  • Baal sometimes summons more than one clone
Quests
  • TKing ancients doesn't spawn. You have to pop a portal to reset then click it like every other chump.
  • The doors after ancient's don't roll up after defeating in d2r. They do in Legacy mode though.
  • TKing Horidric Staff before Duri didn't work.
  • TKing Anya doesn't work the first time
  • Talking to the potion vendor after Anya doesn't work the first time
  • Gheed has Deckard Cain gossip before you’ve rescued him.
  • Talking to Akara after completing Den of Evil and getting the skill point doesn’t play the level-up sound like it does in legacy D2.

Console
  • Graphical glitches when Shenk dies
  • Lobbies
  • No option to show full belt inventory during gameplay
  • Option to put multiple statpoints
  • option to use /players 1-8
  • option to chat
  • option to choose how much gold to take/put into a stash tab.
Graphics
  • Weird laser-ish light show when entering durance 3 or tower cellar levels
  • Displayed item names on the ground jitter around when moving your character
  • Weapon rack graphics aren’t empty after clicking them.
==========================================
Suggestions
---------------
  • Filter Items settings
  • Hotkey to instantly move items to cube
  • Allow the mousewheel to be bound to skills
  • New design of charms depending their stats
  • Clicking Alt should show items when you have both the inventory and the cube screen open.
  • Display the current players setting in the info area where the clock/zone is
  • Allow auto gold pickup to work when /nopickup is used
  • Hotkey for more Stat Points allocation ( Ctrl + Click result in 5 points added)
  • Hellfire Torches could have unique names depending on the class
  • Open Bnet
  • When you gamble Coronets, if you get an upgrade to Tiara, the base item in the gamble screen changes to a Circlet
  • Access shared gold without leaving the gambling screen
  • Enhance the D2 Legacy
  • Reduce Loading times
  • Hell Difficulty shouldn't drop minor stuff (lesser potions and so on)
  • Drop only super potions in hell
  • automatically pick up potions
  • Stackable runes
  • Gallery
  • Improve Crafting
  • A small icon for each buff / debuff that are currently affecting your character
  • Somekind of indication that the item on the ground is ethereal
  • Maybe improve a bit the shrines? Most of them are useless and in hell you can't keep a shrine more than a few seconds.
  • Refresh button for shopping like there is for Gambling.
  • Cube recipe to upgrade set items.
  • Improve Mercenaries and add behavior
  • Hireling Vitality Stat
  • Hireling Auto-Revive
  • Open hireling window when stash is open
  • Split the advanced statistics per Category
  • Show how many monsters you have killed
  • Make Ancients re-farmable
  • Improve Quantity in items
  • Advanced stats better table
  • Add damage reduction to Defense
  • Option to restart a game (instead of save and exit)
  • Add some more value to light radius

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm imagining things or not, but has anyone else felt like their merc wanders/strays from you more now than it did back in regular D2?

Bug / changed feature: Holding the Show Items key no longer makes teleport uninterruptible by (mis)clicking objects or monsters
Display bug: Weird laser-ish light show when entering durance 3 or tower cellar levels. Probably more places too.

A couple of quality of life things I'd like to see:
  • Display the current players setting in the info area where the clock/zone is
  • Allow auto gold pickup to work when /nopickup is used

Reactions: Excalibur
Updated!
Does anyone face audio glithces? Every several minutes my music is cut for a second.

Also added these in the Bugs:
• You can't deposit gold if it exceeds the amount limit.
• Typing something in chat multiple times won't be kept for the next game

And these in the suggestion:
• Hotkey to instantly move items to cube. Example: Move gems from stash instantly to Horadric cube.
• Secondary inventory space where only charms work and can be kept?
Display bug: Weird laser-ish light show when entering durance 3 or tower cellar levels. Probably more places too.

I think I don't have this issue. Anyone else?
I don't know if I'm imagining things or not, but has anyone else felt like their merc wanders/strays from you more now than it did back in regular D2?
Haven't noticed this one so far.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
Secondary inventory space for charms has already been turned down by the devs IIRC. I don’t like this idea, part of the game is about balancing your free space with the amount of charms you have.

Bug: Screenshot doesn’t work if you re-map it from Print Screen.

Reactions: coju
As written in D2R General topic, sometimes when switching between running and walking, you can be stuck in running mode. Icon beside stamina bar can still change, but you are running.

I didn't investigate deeper, but it seems than it can happen when doing so taking a TP. Haven't check the defense status though...

Typing stuff multiple times to save it in chat is not needed with the copy paste option.

• TKing ancients doesn't spawn. You have to pop a portal to reset then click it like every other chump.
  • The doors after ancient's don't roll up after defeating in d2r. They do in Legacy mode though.
  • You can’t touch/select the bottom eighth of potions.
  • TKing Horidric Staff before Duri didn't work, but I may have been too far.
  • TKing Anya doesn't work the first time
  • Talking to the potion vendor after Anya doesn't work the first time
  • When hitting a WP, if you try to go to town to quick "I cannot do that." So, WP's aren't active until their animation is closer to being complete

Pathing of enemies and mercenaries is off. It actually seems like a benefit to players based on my observations in HC tournaments. (Though more input needed for others)

Basically it feels like they get stuck and re-path before attacking a lot. Not sure why, but it probably has something to do with the new movements for players.

Reactions: Babyhell
Some of these are just clunky user interface problems instead of bugs. This applies to console version (Xbox specifically, but probably all):

• Pressing and holding left thumbstick to autofill potions and scrolls in belt works very inconsistently.
  • It takes an eternity when transferring a portion of gold from character to stash or vice versa -- no speed ramp ups (also no ability to type the amount in to be transferred).
  • When adding stat points to a character, it takes about a second to add each point. This may not seem like a big deal until you decide to respec a character -- 300 respec points would take about 5 minutes, and you have to press and hold for each individual point.

"Major" Bugs/changes:
  • Fire Wall is doing more damage than in legacy D2
  • Oblivion knights in the chaos sanctuary (and elsewhere) now cast "Lower Resist" - I've had this happen in the WSK as well.
"Minor" Bugs/changes:
  • Gheed has Deckard Cain gossip before you’ve rescued him.
  • Talking to Akara after completing Den of Evil and getting the skill point doesn’t play the level-up sound like it does in legacy D2.
  • Displayed item names on the ground jitter around when moving your character, this doesn’t happen or happens to a lesser extent in legacy toggle graphics (possibly fps related)
  • Weapon rack graphics aren’t empty after clicking them.
  • Melee skills cost mana when holding shift and attacking nothing, it didn’t cost mana in legacy D2.
  • “Attacker Takes Damage” applies to enemies even when attacks miss/are blocked.
Secondary inventory space for charms has already been turned down by the devs IIRC. I don’t like this idea, part of the game is about balancing your free space with the amount of charms you have.
Boooooo! The fun police has arrived!!

Last edited:
Yes! My summon necro, who's kill speed is greatly sped up when Gulzar decides to participate. I find that I am often cursing (i.e. the swear word version) at my merc whilst he is often pondering who knows what while closely inspecting a wall, or is completely baffled on how to maneuver around a basket placed on the floor. All this while my skeletons are pecking away slowly at hell-level creatures. I often have to go past the fray to get Gulzar motivated enough to break from his wall inspecting activities.

I only played a little D2R so far but Moon Lords seemed bugged. I think Frenzy is the culprit.

1. Please give us some method for SP characters to interact with other SP characters, whether it is TCP/IP, open battle-net or some new solution.

2. Make skill assignments (on lmb/rmb) stick, even if not viable. (I dont want to change from freezing arrow to normal attack just because I weapon swapped when collecting a corpse, just because I have no bow.)

3. Allow us to assign potion types to belt columns, and to set a minimum quality. E.g. set column 1 to mana lotions, cut off at greater or above. Set column 2 as health options, cut off super or above. Set column 3 and 4 as rejuvenation, cut off full or above.
(And make a tick-box for what to do if belt is full. I, for example, would prefer if it just did not pick up a potion if it did not fit my selected criteria.)

Reactions: coju
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High