D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

Apologies if this has already been posted, I couldn't see it though...

I'm 99% sure that the /players command is resetting to 1 when I change Acts.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Specifically- I'm inputting the /playersX command by pasting it, and going from Act IV --> Act III. I've not tested any other methods/Act switches.

I ran tons of LK runs inputting /players 8 manually in act 4, then porting to act 3 for the LK run. At least for me, the setting always held over fine and was verifiable by my rune drop patterns. Very strange. At least for me it seems to be working. That was in a previous patch though, I haven't done any LK running since I updated, just lots of pits on my bowazon at /p1

Reactions: snickersnack
Alright false alarm.

Just tested by measuring exp from Travincal.

I either cannot reproduce the bug today, or as is much more likely, was being paranoid and talking shite yesterday! :rolleyes:

“Attacker Takes Damage” applies to enemies even when attacks miss/are blocked

Is this a bug or a fix? I hope it is a fix, time for me to whip up another Attacker takes damage toon like my old werebear back in the day.

are you shopping claws in d2r. it's like a million times worse I noticed. can't go through portal quickly
I did a bit on my UT99er, and yes shopping in D2R is even more horrible the in 1.14. If I was going to do any serious shopping for a twinkled character it would be in 1.14.

“Attacker Takes Damage” applies to enemies even when attacks miss/are blocked

Is this a bug or a fix? I hope it is a fix, time for me to whip up another Attacker takes damage toon like my old werebear back in the day.
I believe this was always the case, and is in fact a feature, not a bug. Imagine trying to hit a porcupine. You may still get stung, even if you do not damage the target.

Fix mercenary AI. Make their AI the same or closer to a necro's golem summon (my iron golem is nice and aggressive, unlike Gulzar who is easily baffled by anything on the floor and prefers to stair at walls).

There appears to be a serious bug with items that give auras when worn by the player. They fall off faster than they apply. For example, when wearing Dream, Holy shock aura will not be active at all times, and so it won't give you lightning damage to your attacks at all times. The aura is innactive about 33% of the time, and it varies a bit from item to item. This problem doesn't happen with mercenaries - when equipped with an item that grants an aura, such as insight, the buff won't "fall off" and reapply.

I've noticed this on several items, dream, ice, pheonix, edge rw, they all drop off, only applying their effect for some of the time.

This has been reported by other players on the bug reports forum multiple times as well. It's not a visual bug, and apparently is not related to stat allocation and weirdness with the str bug fix as I've also tested it meeting the requirements of the item with hard points alone. You really do just lose the effect for about 1-2 out of every 5 seconds.
I thought i was goinf cray cray when the thorns aura from Edge kept refreshing in town.

Guess i really was.

I just noticed that if you have an assigned skill slot for a skill obtained from weapon charges (e.g. Teleport charges from a Staff), the assigned skill slot seems to disappear upon each new game. Is it just me, and am I doing something wrong with that? None of my other skills lose their assigned slots....

Foghorn - I think it has to do with the use of GoMule, at least in my experience it does. Consecutive games the skill stays for me (I have a teleport staff on switch with "D" selected as the hotkey). After muling items off, even though I mostly just take from the shared stash, the skill assignment is removed upon the new game. I haven't tested if just muling off the shared stash retains the skill slot, i.e. not opening my character in GoMule.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
I just noticed that if you have an assigned skill slot for a skill obtained from weapon charges (e.g. Teleport charges from a Staff), the assigned skill slot seems to disappear upon each new game. Is it just me, and am I doing something wrong with that? None of my other skills lose their assigned slots....
I've noticed this as well, but not sure if it is to do with what friiser said. I'm taking a break at the moment playing the new(ish) pathfinder game, but it seems easy enough to test.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
Foghorn - I think it has to do with the use of GoMule, at least in my experience it does. Consecutive games the skill stays for me (I have a teleport staff on switch with "D" selected as the hotkey). After muling items off, even though I mostly just take from the shared stash, the skill assignment is removed upon the new game. I haven't tested if just muling off the shared stash retains the skill slot, i.e. not opening my character in GoMule.
I've noticed this as well, but not sure if it is to do with what friiser said. I'm taking a break at the moment playing the new(ish) pathfinder game, but it seems easy enough to test.

Thanks for replying, Friiser. The funny thing is, I don't have GoMule for D2R. I'm playing without extended stash, so it can't be that. I did notice one thing in conjunction with this. The hotkey for the charge does seem to stay if I have weapon-swapped before save-exiting. For example, my #1 weapon assignment is Butcher's Pupil with Rhyme shield, and I keep Zeal and Vigor active for that (for LK runs I use Vigor). On weapon switch, I have a teleport staff and have the teleport charge on right click there (hotkey = "e"), instead of Vigor. In this case, when I start a new game, both 1 & 2 do save as listed, and hotkey "e" stays as the teleport charge. But if I just leave it on Weapon 2 the whole time and then save/exit/restart new game, then the teleport hotkey is lost, and my right click reverts back to my previous aura, and I have to reassign a key to the teleport charge. Very strange....

merc aura bug. It's not a display bug unfortunately. I did a quick search and did not find any solutions ..

I noticed funny stuff happening with my Hammerdin merc ...

I finally noticed that there's no Holy Freezing going on ... what the? ....

the animation is there but no freezing.

I check my character and my defence (Defiance) jumps up when the aura kicks in ... I don't want that. I want Holy freeze.

Went to NM act 2 and rebought another HF merc ... it's Defiance in Hell
Bought a might merc and it's Blessed Aim in Hell
Bought a Thorns merc and it's a Prayer merc in Hell.

Is there a solution to this that I did not see? What's going on here ...

• Angry
Reactions: Kartongen
Suggestion / Idea for a new item

I enjoy the decision that Blizzard made that allows an assassin character to open a locked container without the use of a key. The assassin's unique ability gave me the idea for a new item drop - a unique key. This new unique item would allow a player to no longer spend time managing keys as part of their inventory. Not that it eats a ton of time, but as I'm running around the world I'd rather be killing monsters / finishing quests / getting loot. I would like to see the key also have some MF on it, something like 3-5%MF maximum, as this retains the very slight edge the assassin has today in inventory space.

I kicked around some ideas on how this could be implemented in game if it is something people like. It could be just as simple as adding it as new unique item to be dropped by any monster above a certain level. However, I think it would be cool if Natalya from Act 3 had something to do with obtaining it.

My first idea to involve Natalya is that she gets some new dialog options (rumors?) about the Swampy Pit in the Flayer Jungle. From there it could be something that is dropped from the chest at the end of the Swampy Pit in Hell difficulty only.

The other idea is that a single piece of the unique key is dropped, one in each difficult level, and the player must craft the unique key from these three parts with a new Horadric Cube recipe.

Reactions: NorthDakota
Suggestion / Idea for a new item

I enjoy the decision that Blizzard made that allows an assassin character to open a locked container without the use of a key. The assassin's unique ability gave me the idea for a new item drop - a unique key. This new unique item would allow a player to no longer spend time managing keys as part of their inventory. Not that it eats a ton of time, but as I'm running around the world I'd rather be killing monsters / finishing quests / getting loot. I would like to see the key also have some MF on it, something like 3-5%MF maximum, as this retains the very slight edge the assassin has today in inventory space.

I kicked around some ideas on how this could be implemented in game if it is something people like. It could be just as simple as adding it as new unique item to be dropped by any monster above a certain level. However, I think it would be cool if Natalya from Act 3 had something to do with obtaining it.

My first idea to involve Natalya is that she gets some new dialog options (rumors?) about the Swampy Pit in the Flayer Jungle. From there it could be something that is dropped from the chest at the end of the Swampy Pit in Hell difficulty only.

The other idea is that a single piece of the unique key is dropped, one in each difficult level, and the player must craft the unique key from these three parts with a new Horadric Cube recipe.
Like the idea, sounds like a charm a bit though, basically takes up a charm slot. It'd be a cool idea for a unique charm though. IMO make a new "uber" encounter, have it be the reward for the chain, make the reward more appealing for melee characters since +skills are rarely as big a buff for them from the other uber charms, like slap some AR or leech or something equally as impactful on there for exclusively melee characters

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High