Which feature (announced or unannounced) would make you want to purchase D2R most?

• Increased stash size

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Shared stash

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • BNet 2.0 support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graphics

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Cinematics

• Sound

• Quality of life improvements

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Console support

• The feature I would like most is not announced (add reply)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

ziambe

Oct 21, 2009
D2R draws closer to this world! ...but what features will specifically affect your single player experience?

With a pricetag of 39.99, D2R will be significantly more expensive than most remasters to date. Yet for all the years of entertainment this game has provided, I think many players may accept this investment. From what I can gather though, the 'feedback' which the developers attend to comes from sources not directly linked to the un-modded single-player experience - i.e. streamers, youtube and bnet forums.

The diabloii.net forum and its new Purediablo incarnation is one of the longest enduring communities still loyal to Diablo 2 in one of its purest forms. While many of us use a mod to enable ladder-only runewords, we are still playing largely the game in a form closest to its original. However I wonder whether the single player community's voice is heard in light of the dominance of the content creator and mod communities in more recent years...Essentially most of the gameplay features announced for D2R are features found in various mods (yet no ladder-only runewords), but are they the features most important to this single player community?

Last edited:
The only thing I look forward to D2R providing is a fix to bugs that persist through time, maybe they'll actually be addressed in future updates. Here's hoping patch 1.15 addresses things beyond compatibility fixes.

As someone who has read and written extensively on the official forums, and follows reddit/twitter/youtube fairly closely, I can tell you the SP community will be, to a large extent, left out on the Frozen Tundra with a cracked mace and little else.

The consensus is that the Ladder is the thing; it's where streamers will be, where the optics are, and while I don't expect anything close to the oversight we might see in WoW, I think that is the part of the game that will drive the most change.

We (the largely unmodded SP community) don't have a MRLlama, or a Dbrunski championing our cause. And, whether or not it is true, I am fairly certain the VV braintrust don't consider us to be a large enough group to merit a large amount of attention...which I find ironic, since I felt like the SP community was the larger part of Diablo when I started back in 2001-2002. Why did I feel that way? Well, Bnet had an estimated 150-200K playerbase, but Diablo had sold 10 million or so copies, so if you do the math...what I of course did not take into account back then were all the one timers who beat the game and never played again.

Personally, I am happy with the announced QoL changes; I'd like to know the long term plan on how many stashes we can have, and I would really like to have all runewords be unlocked in SP, but I plan on playing solo or with friends/family on the realms, just because of the ease of going from PC to Laptop, and maybe my PS4...but even though I just strated playing again a few months ago, I've got a few projects going that I want to complete in SP, and the QoL for that may not be as clean as I'd like.

I plan on doing some streaming when beta launches, but I think it would be cool if a SP streamer started to gain hits and traction and throw a voice into the mix...I don't have nearly enough hubris to think I'm entertaining enough to be that person, but I do like to think there is someone out there who is :)

I want the exact game most of us are currently playing (including ladder runewords), but with those sick new graphics and framerate!

I mostly agree with everyone here about not wanting huge changes just QoL things and Ladder runewords on single player.

I've played this game for years and years, no need for major changes. I was going to buy it no matter what just because it's Diablo 2.

The devs just provided an update; biggest news here is a perm toggle for item names (no more holding "alt"?) and updated to 3 shared stashes. It'll never be enough but it does allow for a couple of less mules.

Reactions: ziambe
The devs just provided an update; biggest news here is a perm toggle for item names (no more holding "alt"?) and updated to 3 shared stashes. It'll never be enough but it does allow for a couple of less mules.
Ha! perfect timing :p

I would like to see skills work as intended like Inferno and some of the zon's passives. I think it would be fun if UBER D and pandemonium was enabled as a new challenge for SP. It would be cool if they paid some homage to the SPF, I think the collective knowledge over the years has to surpass just about any other group including the devs. In the end I don't expect much except a smoother experience and graphics. I hope gomule will work with it!

+1 for ladder runewords, and/or new runewords, although I'd prefer a focus on early- and mid-level runewords to creating more Grief type runewords. Also, +2 or 3 for fixing skills like inferno, arctic blast, and zon's bow tree.*

What I really want the most, and came here to confirm, is that we will be able to use all of our old/current single player characters in the remaster. An interwebs search is telling me yes, but I trust y'all more on that front.

*FYI, I've been largely out of the D2-verse for a while, so apologies if those things have been fixed, but 99% sure they have not. The cone/radius for inferno and arctic blast are broken, and none of the zon bow skills actually add attack rating as they state—right?

They have stated old D2 files will be able to transfer over to D2R.
I haven’t read any fixes on inferno or AB as of yet. We may see a bug fix update once the beta launches next month.

Fix skills as mentioned above. The D/A/E bug with fend comes to mind.

Here are some QoL things I would love.

1. Allow me to designate beltslots for potion types (and possibly quality).
E.g. let me lock column 1 so it only picks up mana potions (possibly "of quality x or above").

2. Default so LMB and RMB skills stick. So if I die with freezing arrow on one switch and lightning fury on the other, switching "weapons" when running to get my corpse should not drop the skill (just cause it is invalid right now).

I really had my hopes set on:
  1. Ubers + dclone - its not like it hasnt already fulfilled its purpose, nor is it new content. I was really, really looking forward to possibly finally experience this content
  2. Fix the bug which makes all subsequent swings miss if you're hit during the sequence (fend, zeal, fury, double swing?) To ignore the fact that this is a game breaking mechanic is a tragedy
  3. Ladder runewords in single player. All the qol improvements in the world won't matter if i still have to mod the game to play it as i play now

Fix the bug which makes all subsequent swings miss if you're hit during the sequence (fend, zeal, fury, double swing?)
You mean the zeal bug that was fixed decades ago? Zeal is uninterruptible now :D

I really had my hopes set on:
  1. Ubers + dclone - its not like it hasnt already fulfilled its purpose, nor is it new content. I was really, really looking forward to possibly finally experience this content
  2. Fix the bug which makes all subsequent swings miss if you're hit during the sequence (fend, zeal, fury, double swing?) To ignore the fact that this is a game breaking mechanic is a tragedy
  3. Ladder runewords in single player. All the qol improvements in the world won't matter if i still have to mod the game to play it as i play now
Blizzard wants players engaging with their BNet service (where they can collect all kinds of useful metrics) and not "hiding out" in Single-Player, hence the reason for exclusive content. Of course you feel like you're missing out; that's the whole point! :D

I farmed dclone and ubers to absolute death back in the day. It gets old quick! The charms are nice but also hilariously OP and I honestly don't really miss them. The same might be said about the ladder runewords but in this instance, I'd say those items increase the viability of quite a few builds and playstyles. Fortunately, RWM is not a difficult mod to create or install for the original game and I believe it'll be even simpler in D2R.

Dunno if we can link to other forums.
If we don't have that info in our own database and the site in question isn't some hacky hellhole, of course you can.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High