D2 to D2R Transfer

Garthis

Sep 22, 2021
Hello everyone!

I hope all is well! I am not sure who I should reach out to on this. I just wanted to reach out quick as I am planning to get involved with the single player forum with the release of D2R. I apologize if this is posted somewhere already but I did not see this anywhere. I read over the rules and I am aware that D2R has a shared stash etc. However, I am a bit confused on the GoMule section of the rules. I want to make sure that I am in compliance but it appears there are some potential issues with the "Gomule for D2R" application is that correct? Do you know if the regular GoMule will work with D2R? I have historically always used GoMule on my singleplayer accounts and would like to continue using it but want to make sure I am not breaking any SPF rules.

One other question is around the transfer of characters as I read that D2R will allow single player character files to be copied into the D2R client. Is this something the SPF will condone as long as we are careful to make sure that no items are duped etc? Such as deleting the files from the regular D2 character files etc.

Please let me know your thoughts on these issues! I appreciate all you do for the community!

Cheers!

If the Gomule for d2R application is allowed has anyone had any luck with using it?

Hi @Garthis Welcome to the forums. Beware of the shinkickers. We would love to get to know you bit more and your DII playstyle

If you have read the rules in the stickies can help with these questions.

After this, the GoMule compliance questions are best handled by the mods. Usually a PM works best

As for transferring, if you have played unmodded DII LOD in compliance with the forums rules you can transfer items via characters. They can forwarded only and can only be used in the forwarded version so removed from the version you forwarded these from. This a summary of the Time Traveller rules section in the SPF Rules post .

Check the thread D2R General Chat thread for how D2R is going for the crew

I read over the rules and I am aware that D2R has a shared stash etc. However, I am a bit confused on the GoMule section of the rules. I want to make sure that I am in compliance but it appears there are some potential issues with the "Gomule for D2R" application is that correct?

Yes. See here (rule 2.2). Use it (at your own risk) but don't fiddle with the unapproved features.

For what it's worth I'll be testing it throughout the weekend. My advice would be to avoid stashing anything particularly valuable (runes, uniques, etc) until we know more about potential bugs.
Do you know if the regular GoMule will work with D2R?

No. Encoding differences.

One other question is around the transfer of characters as I read that D2R will allow single player character files to be copied into the D2R client. Is this something the SPF will condone as long as we are careful to make sure that no items are duped etc? Such as deleting the files from the regular D2 character files etc.
Sure, but you may not be allowed to move them back to legacy. Not sure if Max considers D2R as a separate version to legacy 1.14d (same patch but different client). Will need his clarification.

Have fun!

D2R is a completely separate version, anyone moving anything into it needs to comply with time travelling rules (See rule 3.10)

Reactions: Dredd
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the quick responses!

@teddeeboy thanks for the welcome! I have always been a lurker of the SPF and had at one point created an account on the old forum. With D2R coming out I figured it made sense to finally dive in and join :). I will write up an introduction post one of these days so people can get to know me a bit more :).

To this point I have always followed the rules and guidelines of the SPF as I have always planned on joining but never truly got around to it. Unfortunately I never thought to read the "time traveling rules" as I never intended to play on anything but the most current patch so I apologize for not reading those as the answer to my second question was right there. OOPS!

As for the Gomule question, I was concerned by the "use at your own risk" portion of the Gomule rule and wanted to make sure using it wouldn't get me in trouble right as I was trying to join this awesome community :). I will probably wait until more experienced and smarter gamers work out the kinks before trying to use it as I noticed there is another thread for all the issues with the D2R Gomule application. For now I guess I will just my single player characters separate until all the issues are worked out. I have plans for a group of druids that I want to bring through the game together and may just start that with D2R until I am ready to bring my other characters/stashes in.

Thanks everyone and best of luck with the drops!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High