D2 Res Alpha starts Friday

Rush

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 12, 2020
We all opted in?

We all opted in?

Yes and quit reminding me! The more excited I get the more upset I'll be when I don't get an invite!

Reactions: Jocular
Very late to the party with this but very hopeful of a good outcome. Any idea of how high a spec PC will be required?

Specs for alpha are...

Minimum Requirements​

• Operating System: Windows® 10
  • Processor: Intel® Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350
  • Video: Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1280 x 720

Recommended Specifications​

• Operating System: Windows® 10
  • Processor: Intel® Core i5-9600k/AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Video: Nvidia GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Reactions: Basicbhoy
It's an oldy, but so is D2:

7drHiqr.gif

And I'm actually worried my PC might not run D2R that well, lol. I purchased my current one recently more for its processor than GPU...it's a pre-made small form factor type one with an odd GPU type that is no longer used much (can you tell I did insufficient research before purchase? lol), so upgrading the GPU isn't an option. And I didn't care since I only play older games theses days, well didn't care until now :oops:

Reactions: Rush
Good luck to those who have opted in. I am holding off until I see all of your feedback ;) I have my reservations that it will be a good Single Player experience.

Wow.... the 'recommended' specs are are near-perfect match to mine, except I have a 1660 instead of a 1060. Never had that happen.

Reactions: Babyhell
Polygon had a very humorous paragraph in their article about this.
ZusuR26.png

They're implying that one could grind to high levels in act 2 normal with "patience and time". I got a good laugh out of this.

Hey.

I was wondering if the D2R release changes anything around here too...

Will this Sp still be the same and a new one for D2R gets added?

Maybe NM/Hell is unlocked? Would be possible I think to do it if that is the case.
If so you would have access to lvl 85 areas (e.g. the Pit), so getting to 90 should be possible at least.

I wish all the best to those who have signed up. Please share what you can/are allowed of your experience so I can live vicariously through you. ;)

Not sure if anyone announced it yet, but some Twitch streamers are gonna be streaming the alpha in a few minutes...

Reactions: Jocular
Elly and I will also be streaming. Just setting some stuff up. Download is still not available. I'll post links to the stream when we are good to go. We may not do it today but we'll see how we go.

Reactions: Babyhell
Elly and I will also be streaming. Just setting some stuff up. Download is still not available. I'll post links to the stream when we are good to go. We may not do it today but we'll see how we go.
I too am surprised that Blizzard didn't reach out to the community and offer a few keys for testing. It is in their interest to do so. Community admins know who the best testers are on their sites.

Reactions: Rush
Alpha downloading now! Around 20Gb. Like I say, Elly will be streaming first most likely but there's an issue with the Youtube channel we are trying to sort out. We could do Twitch but we'd prefer to get it on Youtube. I'll let you all know when we have it sorted out.

Alpha downloading now! Around 20Gb. Like I say, Elly will be streaming first most likely but there's an issue with the Youtube channel we are trying to sort out. We could do Twitch but we'd prefer to get it on Youtube. I'll let you all know when we have it sorted out.
Awesome. Not sure whether they gave you it purposefully, randomly, or what not, but I'm super glad you guys got it!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High