D2 Goals & Objectives for 2022

The start of the year is a great time to come back, right? I can get started on some goals right away!

1. Finish migrating the old 99er reboot thread
2. Finish the editing pass of the SPF M/P/G archive
These are carried over from last year, and I'll bet they probably still won't be finished by this year.
3. Get my HC UT 99er Javazon to 98
4. Get Murios score up to 1200
5. Participate in RFL & MFO
6. Get my 2nd HC UT 99er project up to LK

I think that's about it. I burned myself out pretty quickly trying to tackle too many projects at once, so I plan on taking it easy this year.

What a great thread! I used to read previous incarnations before ever being active in this forum.

Although I have currently quite a lot of time, this will end soon. So my goals shall be:

1) Get my UT 99er Javazon Fiona to level 97 (98 as a bonus).

2) Make my first ever endgame runewords: Enigma, Infinity and Fortitude

3) Particapte in at least one SPF tournament (2 would be great!).

Good luck everyone!

2022 Babyhell's goals
Louis XVI King's head off day update + updated 02/14/22 + updated for torches/anni + updated 03/09/22

D2(R) goals
Complete 4/10
Other forum goal
Complete 1/1

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal
Time for a first quarter update!

1. Finish migrating the old 99er reboot thread

I will have this finished on Wednesday evening!

No progress here yet due to working on #1, but it will get started the week after I finish #1.

Well, she kinda died. So did her reboot. Right now I'm leaning towards just going SC to help towards completing my SC grail. I've got an UT SC zon up to NM Act IV right now and will probably post her progress right before farming LK. Level 98 before the end of the year might still be doable, depending on how hard I want to push.

I've got a few more characters finished to update my score, but I'm waiting until round 3 of the RFL is done.

5. Participate in RFL & MFO

Currently participating in RFL, and MFO is still months away.

I may also switch this to SC. No progress here yet either.

Suppose i shoud get around to adding some goals now i have resumed playing D2R again albeit still on and off ;)

Having fully restarted and not played that much starting point is low to zero.

1) Try not to die too often trying to get past normal Duriel......
2) At least complete normal with a character so i can ogle the new cut scenes and better graphics throughout.
3) Grail erm under 400
4) Enter a tournament
5) Civ 6 Grail to 35 Leaders won with

So current status
1) Not gotten there yet but Fishymancer is in the Canyons currently
2) As above
3) Grail is -499 currently with Rixot's Keen and a Nagelring so far. Both last few days.
4) Kinda want higher up character first i think
5) Currently on 31/58 Leaders won with

Quarter-year update:

My main goal is to stay engaged with D2 and the SPF :) - Check!
  • Take Septimus to 99 and finish my untwinked 99er sept
  • Finish my Unfinished Business and 2H Melee septs
    • Status: Unfinished Business Sept is finished, and 2H Melee Sept still has four characters to go
  • Guardian a Paladin in a tourney, which will complete a HC Tourney sept
    • Status: Deeds to first entry as a S/U tourney in Tournaments of Tournaments, but new entry as Crafted Pally is just started, so 🤞
  • Do some optimized MFing to make further progress on ethereal grail and maybe, just maybe, finish off my grail (-1 at Tyrael's)
    • Status: Pit Zerker has been sitting idle for several years, so I will try to go that route for MFO, although a Pit Singer may be more suited to my style [still planned as my MFO entrant, but potentially also running MF-heavy Necro in the Pit for RFL Round 3 to see if we can get some drops]
  • Tidy up 99er posts and the Compendium, which wasn't updated in 2021
    • Status: Updated Quest for 99ers and drafted updated to SPF Compendium, and planning to check in with max about options for updating the Hall of Legends thread.

Now that my Cube Recipe Grail is complete, I spent a little time pondering about a few other journeys on which I would like to embark and share.
  • Make another update to my Skills Census, to include new P/M/Gs that have been submitted since last time. Also, the new D2R 2.4 patch has introduced lots of skill and synergy changes, which I should probably document there too. (I chose to keep playing D2 Legacy, patch 1.14, rather than purchase the resurrected software. That means I won't have experience to support opinions about the changes.)
  • Keep on starting and matting/patting more septs, and work on a maxed skills grail as part of a longer-term effort toward Murios.
  • To my surprise, the cube grail, and the various MF/RF tournaments that helped me achieve it, have given me an S/U collection deficit of only -45 according to my most recent Flavie Report. It will be interesting to note any new grailers that I hope will continue to trickle in. So far I have found twelve of the TC 87s. Finding any of the remaining seventeen will be reason to celebrate.
  • After completing the Grail of Steel "side quest," I thought of some similar cheap item collections I might amass, and I have settled on another rather silly exercise in packrattery, which I think I will call the "Single Socket Grail." I'm going to try to collect or cube a one-socket regular specimen of every item that can get sockets. I counted 58 headgear, 54 shields, 45 body armors, 127 one-handed and 93 two-handed melee weapons, and 42 missile weapons, for a total of 419 socketable items. I used to ignore or drop items with only one socket, because runeword bases require at least two sockets.

Time for an update:
My playtime shifted significantly to D2R and D2L with the release of 2.4 and away from 1.00, but I plan to return to 1.00 at some time during this year.

• level Hammerdin to at least 90
  • Queen an Amazon
    • currently lvl 11 Inner Cloister
  • King a Barbarian
    • not started
D2R
  • ✅ Guardian UT99 Amazon (Switch)
    • on the third generation of this character currently lvl 56 NM Act 2 (HC p8 SP)
    • Will make a Guardian post. finished at lvl 84
  • Guardian UT99 Paladin (PC)
    • not started
  • ✅participate in a MF tournament
    • participated in TC3 Tourney
  • Guardian All Blue Summoner Druid in Tournament of Tournaments
    • currently in N Act 1atm (HC p8 SP)
  • Guardian Cyberpunk Bounty Hunter Assassin in Tournament of Tournaments
    • not started
D2L

• ✅Guardian a UT Wind Druid
    • (from TC3 tournament)
  • ✅Guardian FA Amazon
    • Hell Act 5 lvl 86 (twinked)
Grail Status

Rich (BB code):
------------------------
|Grail |  S/U  | eth U |
------------------------
|D2R   |       |       |
|D2L   |  254  |       |
|1.00  |       |       |

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB and ziambe
So.... 2022 I'm a casual player so not too many goals

- Understand the forum better and maybe enter a tournament
- Get any of my Amma sisters to beat Baal Hell HC (currently 5th try, lvl 83 act 3)
- Get my first Chains of honor (hopefully on the amazon HC)
- Finish the game with a Barb or druid (SC is fine)

Reactions: lizard and PhineasB
Time for an update:
Managed to Guardian two characters, without deeds. Started two Amazons in 1.00 and 1.04 respectively. Main objectives now are to go hard in the MFO and Guardian the Bear Summoner after.

• level Hammerdin to at least 90
    • currently lvl 70
  • Queen an Amazon
    • currently lvl 10 Inner Cloister
  • King a Barbarian
    • not started

• Queen MS/Strafe Amazon
    • currently lvl 8 Outer Cloister

• ✅Guardian a UT Wind Druid
    • (from TC3 tournament)
  • ✅Guardian FA Amazon
    • Hell Act 5 lvl 86 (twinked)

D2R
  • ✅ Guardian UT99 Amazon (Switch)
  • Guardian UT99 Paladin (PC)
    • not started
  • Guardian All Blue Summoner Druid in Tournament of Tournaments
    • currently in N Act 3 (HC p8 SP)
  • Guardian Cyberpunk Bounty Hunter Assassin in Tournament of Tournaments
    • not started

Forum Goals
  • ✅✅participate in a MF tournament
    • participated in TC3 Tourney
    • participated in MFO 2022

Grail Status
Rich (BB code):
------------------------
|Grail |  S/U  | eth U |
------------------------
|D2R   |       |       |
|D2L   |  254  |       |
|1.00  |       |       |

Last edited:
The daunting new list of goals that came with the fresh start in D2R ended up being an excuse to go play other games;
and only recently, I've started nudging myself back into SP.

Since it's already the end of August, I'll just add a few things to the list of D2 goals for this year.

Forum
  • particiate in MFO 2022
    • signed up
    • blizz sorc semi-geared & AT map rolled
UT99er
  • level blizz sorc to 95
    • currently mid-late 80s
P/M/G
  • 1 untwinked guardian
Grail
  • nada.

Last edited:
Been away for a few months, time to see where things stand!

1. Finish migrating the old 99er reboot thread [DONE]

Getting back to work on this. I'm currently on page 29/93. I am also migrating any tournament threads that write-ups link to, so this tends to slow the process down. As such, this won't be finished this year.

(copied from last update)
Well, she kinda died. So did her reboot. Right now I'm leaning towards just going SC to help towards completing my SC grail. I've got an UT SC zon up to NM Act IV right now and will probably post her progress right before farming LK. Level 98 before the end of the year might still be doable, depending on how hard I want to push.
(/end copy)
No further progress since the last update, although I did get the javazon I mentioned a bit further...as in only up to the RoF WP in Act IV NM. She's currently in 1.14d and I will likely migrate her over to D2R. Level 98 by the end of the year is out of the picture though. I want to at least get her running LK this year, maybe I can finish the runs needed for Infinity and Enigma before the year's done.

I still need to update my progress here which will push me closer to the 1000 mark. I might still be able to hit this goal, but it's not one I'm particularly shooting for right now. Besides my UT 99er, I really need to get around to finally farming for torches in D2R. There are still plenty of builds I want to mess around with after the 2.4 patch changes, so I may be making a bunch of twinked characters and pushing them to mat/pat when I'm not in the mood for playing my 99er.

5. Participate in RFL & MFO [1/2 DONE]

I participated in this year's RFL, but I came back just as the MFO was wrapping up. I wasn't interested in signing up during the last day just to say I participated. :LOL:

Considering how far behind I am with the Javazon, this one may be out the window as well. Even switching my 99er attempts to SC, I doubt I'll find the time to push another untwinked character that far this year with my other projects going (not to mention the reduced playtime I have now that I'm back in college).

Reactions: PhineasB and Nano
1. Push the 32 toons I have created that I leave in NM through hell.
I’ve pushed 2 or 3 to -iarch status. Java, zerker, maybe just them two. I have fishymancer, trapper, 2 FoH paladins, 3 sorc, in nm and hell. The pals and sorcs I’m using to run specific areas, so I make another to quest with. Hell mode is quite hell…
2. Only create 30 characters this year.
thing is, I enjoy it!!!
(Give or take 15)

My main goal is to get Dual Dreams and make a Tesladin and Sorc. If I can get the runes and complete those 2, I will then complete a Dual Dream sept and hopefully find some other runes for future projects.
Pally and Sorc are done, Barb is in Act 3 Hell. Think I will go Amazon next and see how she fares.

Reactions: PhineasB
Time for an update now I am running Baal:

Main Goal

Get my UT99er fully equipped. That means:
  • Enigma
  • Infinity
  • Fortitude
  • Upped Gore Rider
  • Dracul's Grasp
  • Arachnid Mesh
  • Ravenfrost, BKWB, Rare Amulet / Mara's
  • Annihilus
  • Assassin Torch
I'm basically equipped as I am now into the Baal runs, but no Gores or BKWB yet. I will keep them as things to look out for whilst Baaling.

Other Goals

As PvP is now a thing again:
  • Get my final PvP Assassin to level 95
  • Make another Fury claw
  • Farm a load of Burning Essences and get my Paladin to 97 in the process.
I have a load of Burning Essences but the Paladin isn't 97 yet. I don't think these goals will make it this year, but let's see closer to winter.

I reviewed what I'd said in January and there have been some updates and changes

Updates
Move to D2R sometime Well it turns out this isn't going to happen till I at least update my video card

Find a really good circlet for my Abbot Not only didn't I find one before I finished the abbot despite spending over 35 million in gold, I didn't find one while doing my PDR bear! Whenever I see a circlet when gambling I buy it and still haven't found a better one.

work on getting Maximus to 99 (now 90) Max is now level 92 and has been supplanted by ARGH my wolfbarb, who is now also level 92. I find ARGH more fun to play and will but more effort into getting ARGH to 99, but Max won't be forgotten.

Finsh the Druid and Sorceress that have been sitting in Hell for 10 years! I finally finished to Sorceress during the RFL. Now to find the time somewhere to complete the Druids.

Finish my grail (2 items) and my self grail (57 items) My grail is down to just Tryael's and my self grail is down to 39. I thought for sure I'd find at least one during the MFO. ARGH is going to be running the Pits and AT quite a bit.

Make an Ice bow, an Enigma and Doom Well after I found a cham I made Doom, but its been over a year since I found my one and only Jah and 9 months since I found a Ber.

New Goals

LK farming I've developed a taste for a number of runewords and I've decided that I really need to make a major effort to farm LK.

New builds There are a lot of builds I'd like to try, but many of them will require runewords. I also haven't played a Necro in a long time and I've aleady started a Bonemancer and will probably make another fishymancer as he was a lot of fun.

I missed half-year update, but will treat this as three-quarter-year update!

I've maintained my primary goal to stay engaged with D2 and the SPF :)
  • Take Septimus to 99 and finish my untwinked 99er sept
  • Finish my Unfinished Business and 2H Melee septs
  • Guardian a Paladin in a tourney, which will complete a HC Tourney sept
    • Status: Deeds to first entry as a S/U tourney in Tournaments of Tournaments, and new entry as Crafted Pally is in A1 H as frost zealot but kind of stuck due to low damage weapon, so likely to respec to hammerdin
  • Do some optimized MFing to make further progress on ethereal grail and maybe, just maybe, finish off my grail (-1 at Tyrael's)
    • Status: Leveled MF-heavy Necro in the Pit from 91 to 95 and then Pitzerker from 91.95 to 92.75 during Summer 2022 MFO, and plan to get Zerker to 93 before the end of the year. I consider this one complete. But no Tyrael's :p
  • Tidy up 99er posts and the Compendium, which wasn't updated in 2021
    • Status: As of last update, had updated Quest for 99ers and drafted updated to SPF Compendium, and planning to check in with max about options for updating the Hall of Legends thread. But no progress since March, so will try to focus on this one while I'm limiting play time to give my left hand a bit of a break after MFO.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High