D2 Goals & Objectives for 2020

Final update this year from me. Sadly, having a hard drive crash over a month ago pretty much killed 2 out of the 3 goals.

1. Get untwinked 99er Amazon to level 95
She is gone, gone, gone.

2. Guardian all one classes untwinked
Still not gonna happen this year, though I do have a HC Zealot sitting at NM Mephisto. I really don't think it's a good idea to try to push too hard to try to finish this one before he's ready.

3. Place in top 3 in Baal category for MFO
Got 2nd Place with a rushed sorceress, thanks to @Luhkoh and his kind gear donations. She, too, is sadly gone.

Already have some goals in mind for next year, and more importantly, I am backing up my files weekly.

I had set two goals at the beginning on the year.

1. Get to grail -40 (currently sitting at -41)
2. Get my second "sept" to act 1 Hell Difficulty (this is done, but going to try and push to Pat/Mat them all)
1. Still at -41.
Need two TC 3s, a couple Cow King pieces, and Thundergod's Vigor before only Elite items are left. Azurewrath is the only thing (other than the Cow King set) that Pindleskin can't drop for me.

NameTotalFound #Found %Not Found #Not Found %
All items50546391.68%428.32%
All Unique items37834089.95%3810.05%
All Set Items12712396.85%43.15%
Normal Uniques11711497.44%32.56%
Exceptional Uniques11911899.16%10.84%
Elite Uniques856070.59%2529.41%
Jewelry302583.33%516.67%
Class-Specific Items272385.19%414.81%

2. The push to Pat/Mat isn't progressing much. Lightning Sorceress and Bone Spear Necromancer are complete. Spearazon, Berserk Barbarian, and Fury Druid are in Act 1 Hell. Trapsin, and Tesladin are in Act 2 Hell.

I haven't really played much since the spring RFL, but with only needing one "grailer" there's a chance we can still make it.

Reactions: Luhkoh and Babyhell
1. Still at -41.
Need two TC 3s, a couple Cow King pieces, and Thundergod's Vigor before only Elite items are left. Azurewrath is the only thing (other than the Cow King set) that Pindleskin can't drop for me.

NameTotalFound #Found %Not Found #Not Found %
All items50546391.68%428.32%
All Unique items37834089.95%3810.05%
All Set Items12712396.85%43.15%
Normal Uniques11711497.44%32.56%
Exceptional Uniques11911899.16%10.84%
Elite Uniques856070.59%2529.41%
Jewelry302583.33%516.67%
Class-Specific Items272385.19%414.81%

2. The push to Pat/Mat isn't progressing much. Lightning Sorceress and Bone Spear Necromancer are complete. Spearazon, Berserk Barbarian, and Fury Druid are in Act 1 Hell. Trapsin, and Tesladin are in Act 2 Hell.

I haven't really played much since the spring RFL, but with only needing one "grailer" there's a chance we can still make it.

Well please excuse the double post, but that was fast:
Screenshot668.jpg

Was just messing around and trying my Whirlwind Barbarian in The Pits. First run a Unique Ward Bow dropped. Couldn't recall what it was and of course had no Town Portal or Identify Tomes in inventory so had to whack enough monsters to drop one. Had Cain identify in town and even had to tab out of the game to check the Flavie Report :).

Just squeezing in a final update for the year:

Finish the RW Grail
I'm at -3 and need 2x Jah, 1x Ber to complete. It was always an ambitious target, but I'm pleased with the progress seing as I have completed Last Wish and Destruction.

Make some LLD Characters
I now have five characters just about ready, so I am going to call this complete.

Play some PvP
Failed in 2019, failed in 2020 too :(

Finish Third 2h Sword Sept
Completed earlier in the year.

Haven't played in over a month and played sparsely before that, so some of these goals will have to wait until next year.

1. Rack Arkaine's, Shako, WTs, Valk Wing, LoH, M'avina's Tenet, Wizardspike and some eth (sup) RW bases. Got a lot of good stuff, need eBotD War Pike base and Valk Wing.
  2. Craft as many blood gloves as humanly possible to have a shot at 3/20 Java gloves with double digit (hopefully 20+) LL. Gave up on crafting kinda.
  3. Make a 1.07 Java or Barb and run Travincal. Made a Trav Barb, he also rushes.
  4. Build up a stock of godly 1.07 charms. I made a good start on that, nothing too spectacular yet.
  5. Milk my circlet rack dry. 3/20 Fire Circlet is the goal. I hate racking.
  6. Find a HR. Found a Vex! Also Um, Um and Lem.
  7. Rush some Zons for GMBs and HF rewards. Partially complete, didn't collect rewards just yet.
  1. Craft a 2/20+ amulet. Nope
  2. Cube 2609 resistance rings. Been there, done that, no SoJ.
  3. Find a HLW. Nope
1.10a
  1. Beta BKWB! Nope
  2. Crescent Moon + Delirium. Runes for CM found, base as well. Delirium base and Ist missing. Found SUR!!! in 1.09b so Bramble is on the table!
1.10s
  • Beta CtA. I already have a Vex from 1.07, nearly there. Also somehow managed to get 4 +3HS War Scepters in 1.00 without any other mods, perfect!

1.14d
  1. Participate in OBP, RFL and MFO. Failed to participate in OBP and MFO and did 120 hours in RFL. That RFL thing contributed to my D2 burnout :cautious:
  2. Make a Trav Zealot. Nope
  3. Continue my UT99er Sorc and Necro and twink the Assassin right out of that thread. All are twinked now, RIP. Necro's LK runes gave me my second Enigma, so can't complain :D
  4. Get to Grail -1. Reached -4.
  5. Get to RW Grail -5. Currently -7 and enough runes for -6 but missing bases and Ber/Jah.
  6. Run some more AT. Sorta did that, not extensive though.
  7. Improve my Pindle/Countess HoR entry and get another good time somewhere. (This includes making Enigma in a light armor type) Did Enigma in a light armor type, didn't bother with Pindle/Countess.

Takeaway here is to not do 120 hours of RFL and 2609 resistance ring crafts (took days!) next year so I don't burn out on the game again :LOL:

I've prettty much got my goals planned for 2021 as well :p. I'll try and be prompt and get the thread up right around new year, unless you want to take it back over @maxicek.

No problem, you can do it. I think my goals are just about sorted too.

Reactions: Luhkoh
@maxicek Excellent. I'll make sure it's up tomorrow! And great job on your runeword grail progress. I feel like last wish + destruction = about half of the rwg :ROFLMAO:.

@art_vandelay lol thats quite the list. I agree with your takeaways :p. Hope to see you back soon, but ofc hope the break is refreshing as well!

Reactions: maxicek
Quite the year, in many many ways :rolleyes:

1. Finish Three Way Dance playthrough --> Done!
2. Start a new twinked themed sept and get at least three to Pat/Mat --> Done!
3. Get untwinked 99er Barb to 98 --> Done! and pinged 99!
4. Get Enigma for untwinked 99er Druid --> Done! and to lvl 96 (see below)
5. Host 2020 Summer MFO --> Done!

UPDATED GOALS:
6. Get untwinked 99er Druid to 96 --> Done!
7. Finish (one way or another) Barb Brothers tourney playthrough --> Done!
8. Finish Runefinding Tour with HC characters --> not finished (Cows and Trav left)
9. Get HC Sorc to 95 --> Done!

We didn't finish the runefinding tour with HC charcters, but we got the full 98-99 with the Untwinked Barb, for 6 completed untwinked 99ers. So I call that a wash :) I have some goals for next year, but will hold off until the new thread opens. There will be some questing and septs involved. Happy New Year SPF!

Last edited:
1) Get Nena to at least lvl 90 - Revised to getting Nena to Act 2 Hell for AT running.
2) Take part in a tournament of some sort
3) Get Mr Freeze into Hell
4) Progress the grail counter from -421 to hmm -300 i guess. Unsure on revising or not currently have a total of 4 items but with 1 and 3 its doable still.

So end of year goal status

1) Nena is lvl 74 i think and into Act 2 on the way to Maggot Lair. So sort of there but not quite to the right spot of AT running.
2) Still didn't get around too this.
3) Mr Freeze is lvl 16 still.
4) Current grail counter is -449 and -499 in hardcore as i track different and have diff Gomule stashes

Civ 6 is 26/54 done to date

Fairly sure this laptop has a hard drive fault that appears now and then where D drive vanishes (it's a partition really) so i'll get around to taking it in for them to have a look at it. Not technically a problem as i have the older laptop up and running so i can use that one to D2 which is what i have actually been doing

Some serious achievements there from some people :oops: (looking at you, @PhineasB, @art_vandelay)

Let me see if I can keep up...

Here are my goals for 2020:

1. Don't quit the SPF again without a word
2. Complete NM with every character from the Ability Sept Scroll Tournament
3. Finish a normal SC character in 1.00 to play HC in 1.00
4. Craft at least one ilvl99 greater craft item in 1.07
5. And if I completed the grail (-1 for a few years now - only Tyrael's is missing) I wouldn't complain about it, either :)

1. Easy 😎
2. Well, only finished NM Act I with all - on the other hand, all 7 are still alive, which is of course more time consuming as if I had killed off some of them :ROFLMAO:
3. Started a sorc, but 1.00 wasn't my kind of game 🤷‍♂️
4. No greater ilvl 99,only lesser ones...
5. Duh...

That's one 1 of 5! I have to include more such easy goals as #1 to improve my ratio, I guess :unsure:

Some serious achievements there from some people :oops: (looking at you, @PhineasB, @art_vandelay)

Let me see if I can keep up...

1. Easy 😎
2. Well, only finished NM Act I with all - on the other hand, all 7 are still alive, which is of course more time consuming as if I had killed off some of them :ROFLMAO:
3. Started a sorc, but 1.00 wasn't my kind of game 🤷‍♂️
4. No greater ilvl 99,only lesser ones...
5. Duh...

That's one 1 of 5! I have to include more such easy goals as #1 to improve my ratio, I guess :unsure:

Well maybe I'm mistaking but...I haven't seen you leave the SPF with a word...not sure it can be considered achieved.
🤪 :p😇;)

• Haha
Reactions: Kartongen and Grisu
Ok, let's review these old goals I set.
With the new house, I suspect gametime will be limited. But I'll aim high here anyway.

1. Get Fishyzon to 90.
2. Get back my Stormshield
3. Get back my Black Hades (sold it to afford a jewlers fullplate with 79 life, so no regrets though.)
4. Figure out how people are keeping track of their grail status. (I assume gomule itself or a fancy excel sheet)
5. Plan untwinked sept
6. Get untwinked sept at least to NM act III (all 7).
7. Plan twinked, themed sept
8. Get twinked, themed sept at least through normal
9. Find a place for gaming desktop in new house. (Will probably play on my laptop for a bit.)
10. Teach daugher (who is 1 year at the moment) to imitate atleast one barbarian warcry.
11. Participate in one tournament or other forum activity.
Seeing how I did not really game at all this year, apart from some running in the OTBP tournament, I only managed to achieve #4. I did that in about a day though. Then again, I have since forgotten the answer. So I guess I can pretty much copy paste this into this years goals.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High