Crazy RNG / SoJ Triplets

These days I would be glad about one shako in two subsequent Mephisto runs :)

Reactions: Irenicus
I got one ;) And on the second meph run after making wealth, I got skullder's ire.

Still no news on maras, arach, war travelers, draculs, soj, tal armor or amulet, white monarch, decent res white sacred targe, and after making CtA, my only HR is a Sur.

I skipped the step of making Wealth, but only because I haven't found a Ko rune before I found Skullder's. I'm still using a 3 ptopaz helm BTW.

I think stuff like a SoJ or CtA isn't needed that much when starting out at zero. IIRC, my only bnet characters with CtA were lightning sorcs, for more safety when gathering keys from Nihlathak. But these days I'm lacking the runes for one anyway. My highest rune is Um so far. If I was on bnet and I had the CtA runes, I would trade them for stuff like a shako, full Tal's, cold skillers etc.

Hi all!

To be honest I am very much a lurker and have been in the old forum as well. Although D2R is exicting news and I might join the UT99 challenge again some day.

Due to limited time I am currently just doing a few NM Mephisto runs here and there with my UT Amazon (Fishy-Build) to prepare for hell. I actually like gearing up the most while playing D2. :)

My intention was just to find a Ravenfrost and some other basics, but within ~150 runs (over a couple of weeks...) I have found three (!!!) SoJ (and obviously no Ravenfrost). That's as many as I have found in the last couple of years. :oops:

What have your craziest twin or triplet finds been?
3 sojs in 150 runs? that's nuts.

but for me, the craziest double I had was within the first month or so of d2r. Building up characters and was in Act 1 Hell attempting to do some pit runs.

within 2 or 3 days of average time invested, act 1 dropped a jah and a ber.

struggled to find an ith rune (joking).

made my very first self found Enigma which has, of course, accelerated my progress in this game.

that was crazy.

These charms dropped on the same Ancient Tunnels run. What are the odds of something like this happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot317.jpg
    Screenshot317.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot319.jpg
    Screenshot319.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot318.jpg
    Screenshot318.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Irenicus and gregth
According to https://tools.harrogath.com/affixcalc.html#namesuf=123&quality=4&classid=605&s1=337&s1-range1=38& the chance for an ilvl 99 GC being a plain 31-40 life one is 1 in 56, so 1 in 37 life is 1 in 560 and two in a row are 1 in 313,600. It's 1 in 53 for one from a level 85 monster, as only the 41-45 life suffix would be added from item level 91 on, making it 1 in 280,900 for two 37 life ones in a row.

Thanks for running the numbers! Guess it wasn't as rare as I thought, roughly comparable to dropping a TC3 unique in Hell. Still a weird deja vu drop.

Two identical green Hsaru's boots and two identical chippies from the same drop:

LsRQAscbHIHx2.png

Also, this one isn't really a twin or triplet, but I thought it was unusual to get two different items from the same set in the same drop, so I screencapped this one with this thread in mind:
PsQMsbwshbSand.png

Reactions: Irenicus and Zyr
Just started an untwinked Sorc (again) and found great melee items within 15 runs of Hell Andariel:

G-Face, Gore Rider and LoH (while not finding anything so far for my Sorc of course) :ROFLMAO:

After not finding Tals Armor in a couple of years, my UT sorc just found three within in two days / ~ 3 hours of playing. One at TZ Andy and two at TZ Pindle. Although this would not have been possible without TZ according to my knowledge, it's quite unlikely, right?

Typically I do not care about defense, but one had quite a good roll:

Screenshot181.png

PS: My sorc is lvl 91 and still has not found a 4os Monarch. That's why she wields a Spirit-Ward. :)

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Regarding a monarch, I had the same when I started on single player a couple of years ago. I had stuff like full Tal's, two high runes, monarchs with any number of sockets except zero and four, ethereal, magical and rare ones, as well as a Stormshield, but no 0 or 4 socket monarch. I got a bit compensation, however. Once I've found it, the first attempt on Spirit had 35% fcr.

I found two Mang Song's on two consecutive days, two days ago and yesterday. That's pretty weird for what's among most rare items in the game. The only other one I've ever found is from 2018 or so. I finished the grail with finding Griffon's, shortly before we got terror zones. Now I have 4 or 5 of them. Terror zones devalue the grail a bit, I think.

Terror Zones devalue both the grail and lvl 99 by quite a lot. I don't think of D2R as quite the same game. However, each new patch has more or less devalued the achievements of the previous, maybe except for 1.10 where monster levels were nerfed, which made lvl 99 a much harder goal than in 1.07-1.09

There are lots of ways to go about it, but I choose to see each patch for what it is. And some day, I will forward some stuff from all the patches I've played to make a character to end all characters. Or a sept to end all septs. Power. Unlimited POWER!

Well, the dual Mosaic kicksin has that power. All you have to do is the chargeups and hit something every 15 seconds.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
some day, I will forward some stuff from all the patches I've played to make a character to end all characters
This is how I currently play. Mostly to try and get builds that wouldnt normally work to be passable, or even strong. And occasionally to make an already strong build godly.

Can recommend!

Reactions: PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High