Crazy RNG / SoJ Triplets

Irenicus

Dec 3, 2018
Hi all!

To be honest I am very much a lurker and have been in the old forum as well. Although D2R is exicting news and I might join the UT99 challenge again some day.

Due to limited time I am currently just doing a few NM Mephisto runs here and there with my UT Amazon (Fishy-Build) to prepare for hell. I actually like gearing up the most while playing D2. :)

My intention was just to find a Ravenfrost and some other basics, but within ~150 runs (over a couple of weeks...) I have found three (!!!) SoJ (and obviously no Ravenfrost). That's as many as I have found in the last couple of years. :oops:

What have your craziest twin or triplet finds been?

Rolled a JMOD. Zod dropped a day later (Ok, more like twin "crazy rare" drops lolz). Though there was a point in time I was swimming in Cham runes while running Chaos.

Grats on SoJs. Makes sense.. 2x on person + 1x anni 😅

I found two Dwarf Stars with my first guardian and have almost never seen the ring since then. They became a very noticeable part of his gear and very memorable. Just after (accidentally) updating the game from 1.13 to 1.14 another character found two Lem runes in quick succession in Act II nightmare and one of them from the old scrooge Duriel no less. I was so astounded that I seriously thought rune drops had been dramatically altered by the patching, to the point that I had to ask for confirmation that that wasn't the case.

Make an introduction thread now so we can drown you in the arch-villains quotes.

Reactions: Irenicus and coju
Nothing impossible for a javazon...yes a Jah/Ber story too. at cows I had once a rune from a random pack, while my merc dropped the other on its own.

But the fun fact is that he did it outscreen, I saw it while moving for picking.

A while ago, unsure about what I did with the screenshots/vid...Would be fun to dust it off.
That's my favorite so far. Does anyone know the odds for this?

Reactions: Irenicus
Just taking a new character through Normal and last night two sets of Sigon's boots dropped from the same chest in the Icy cellar. He isn't having much luck finding good stuff yet. His forge drop was an El the night belfor last!

Reactions: coju and Irenicus
P1twinring.png
Twin Cathan's. Not nearly as impressive as the other combos celebrated here in this thread, but hey, it's another twin drop. Last year, I got double Sander's Taboo gloves from a Baal quest drop.

When running LK for a couple of hours, I think it would be impressive to see more than high rune drop in that time. But that hasn't happened to me yet.

I had been playing for over ten years before I found my first ever SoJ late last year. (Since then I have found three more, one of which I used in a cube recipe to 'upgrade' reroll a rare tiara.)

I found Jah and Sur in two back-to-back CS runs with my preEnigma Hammerdin. Trading for another Sur took a little time, but then I had my Enigma.

I'd made Enigma on bnet eons ago, but that was with runes of dubious origin, so I don't really count it as my first Enigma.

8N8WWl1l.png

One each day keeps the doctor away...better get two!!!

Once got Suicide Branch from hell meph, along with 2 3x dura burnt wand rares. "Suicide" branch... guess he was trying to tell my sorc to go kill herself :p

But that must have been from different drops. I'm 100% sure that two uniques of the same kind can be produced in a single drop because it happened to me at least once, with 2x Crainte Vomir in a single Mephisto drop.

- Tal's and Aldur's armor in a single Baal drop
- Two shakos in two subsequent Mephisto runs
- A triple durability rare vortex shield (which caps out at 255 BTW, else it would have been 270) from Pindleskin, i.e. a failed unique

All that probably more than 10 years ago.

That happened to me too, but this drop worked "as expected". The 2 unique of same kind in same drop for me was Threads of Cthon or whatever the chain boots are called. I didn't pick them up, but later I really regretted that decision because what if it wasn't two of the same unique, but one normal and one bugged pair?

Great finds/stories everyone!

@ corale: Maybe we should start a set tournament, where the fewest runs needed to finish a set wins. ;)

Reactions: corale
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High