Covid-19 Prepping thread

Proof, please. Something a bit more specific than "coroners across the nation." Which coroners? What have they done or claimed that has been specifically and credibly documented? Or are you just regurgitating standard Qanon BS as if it's fact?

Seriously superdave? Even the MSM has turned away from Cuomo over that particular scandal and yet you still deny even the possibility that the numbers are being manipulated?
Where did I say that? I've said all along that numbers are being under-reported. If they are being both under and over-reported as you argue, then what's your point? It's a wash. My point is that you'll play both sides against each other. Endgoal? Misinformation.

Whether the number of deaths is 500K equal to the total population of a large US city or slightly larger or slightly smaller, what people like you seem unable to admit is that a large part of the US population is gone. Whether the numbers equal the population of Detroit, Kansas City or Miami; the tragedy is still the same. Many of these deaths happened because Donald Trump and the Republicans politicized mask wearing.

Link me to a coroner's report of a shooting victim being included in the covid death count.

The ones I recall were out of Colorado and Florida. In fact if I remember right, the gunshot example was one specifically out of Colorado where two out of his five covid deaths at the time were gunshot wounds.

This is not new. This has been going on since the beginning. CDC guidelines state send them all covid positive deaths, whether it was directly caused by the virus or not. The CDC needs that data to track the virus, but those outside the CDC have a tendency (and in some cases, desire) to disregard the context.

Where did I say that? I've said all along that numbers are being under-reported. If they are being both under and over-reported as you argue, then what's your point? It's a wash.
Sorry, but no, it's not a wash. Over reporting far exceeds under reporting. Even if they did cancel each other out though, it's still inaccurate reporting.

By the way, it wasn't Trump who politicized masks. Remember, the thing he did "wrong" according to the left wing was to not dictate that all people shall wear masks at all times. They were so offended by this resistance to being a dictator in fact that some of them were actually removing letters from the president from care packages on the grounds that they asked people to wear masks instead of ordering them to do so. Not to mention the actual data on mask effectiveness is being wildly misinterpreted across the board. Dr. Fauci has done more flip flopping on that subject than John Kerry at the beach because the Twitter addled mind can't comprehend there being a middle ground between masks being useless or being a panacea.

Sorry, but no, it's not a wash. Over reporting far exceeds under reporting. Even if they did cancel each other out though, it's still inaccurate reporting.

By the way, it wasn't Trump who politicized masks. Remember, the thing he did "wrong" according to the left wing was to not dictate that all people shall wear masks at all times. They were so offended by this resistance to being a dictator in fact that some of them were actually removing letters from the president from care packages on the grounds that they asked people to wear masks instead of ordering them to do so. Not to mention the actual data on mask effectiveness is being wildly misinterpreted across the board. Dr. Fauci has done more flip flopping on that subject than John Kerry at the beach because the Twitter addled mind can't comprehend there being a middle ground between masks being useless or being a panacea.
There we go! The numbers are only Miami high, they aren't Kansas City high so this thing is not as bad we are being told. Masks work but they don't work. Trump didn't politicize mask wearing, he never mocked people for wearing masks. He never told people to remove their mask. We all know the reason why Trump didn't support wearing masks and it wasn't because he didn't want to be seen as a dictator. More misinformation means more deaths. Just stop.

The ones I recall were out of Colorado and Florida. In fact if I remember right, the gunshot example was one specifically out of Colorado where two out of his five covid deaths at the time were gunshot wounds.

This is not new. This has been going on since the beginning. CDC guidelines state send them all covid positive deaths, whether it was directly caused by the virus or not. The CDC needs that data to track the virus, but those outside the CDC have a tendency (and in some cases, desire) to disregard the context.
I don't trust your recollections. Link to a reputable source. While you are at it, link to where the CDC includes deaths caused by gunshots or other accidents in their total.

There we go! The numbers are only Miami high, they aren't Kansas City high so this thing is not as bad we are being told.
If you're being told that they are "Kansas City high" when they are only "Miami high", then yes, whatever it is is not as bad as you're being told. I would think that conclusion would be obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells. Five is greater than four, so if you're being told five when it's actually four, you're being given "misinformation", which you yourself seem to be all fired up about stopping. :whistle:
Masks work but they don't work.
Take that one up with Dr. Fauci, the CDC, the WHO, MSM and all of congress. It's almost word for word what their message has been on the subject all last year. My position is the same it's always been, which is the same position as doctor's and nurses who actually work at the hospitals. It's not a binary subject. There is a whole slew of variables and factors involved that either increase or decrease the effectiveness of masks depending on circumstances. They are not, as I've said before, magic force fields that make the difference between immunity or wiping out humanity.

If you're being told that they are "Kansas City high" when they are only "Miami high", then yes, whatever it is is not as bad as you're being told. I would think that conclusion would be obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells. Five is greater than four, so if you're being told five when it's actually four, you're being given "misinformation", which you yourself seem to be all fired up about stopping. :whistle:
If a nuke was dropped on either city, The tragedy and the suffering experienced would be the same. If the number was 100K or 500K it doesn't matter. What matters is it didn't have to happen. It didn't happen in other countries(new Zealand) that didn't politicize the outbreak they way Trump and his sycophants did here in the US.

You would be the kind of person who would retweet or link about a family using gofundme to pay for medical expenses for a family member suffering through covid. You'd say, "what an uplifting story" while ignoring that the family should never have been placed in the circumstances necessary to seek help in the first place.

If a nuke was dropped on either city, The tragedy and the suffering experienced would be the same. If the number was 100K or 500K it doesn't matter. What matters is it didn't have to happen. It didn't happen in other countries(new Zealand) that didn't politicize the outbreak they way Trump and his sycophants did here in the US.
Who's doing the politicizing here? You're trying to pin every covid death on Trump. All of them. Each and every one because "it didn't have to happen". Viruses don't work like that. New Zealand did not have zero covid deaths, and I don't know if you noticed, but there's a whole hell of a lot more people in the U.S. than there are in New Zealand. A lot more densely populated areas too. A lot more riots where the potential spread of contagion was swept under the rug as well.

Take that one up with Dr. Fauci, the CDC, the WHO, MSM and all of congress. It's almost word for word what their message has been on the subject all last year.
There is a big difference between what was happening and what was known back in Feb of last year and what is happening and known now. When we had 5 cases of confirmed covid vs 28 million cases. Fauci says now that mask wearing is the best defence against spreading covid NOW. It doesn't matter what was being said last year. I fault him for not saying SHUTDOWNEVERYTHING back in 2020, that doesn't mean that what he is saying now is not valid.

Now we have Republicans in charge who went all in and supported Trump's big new hoax. 2 weeks ago, all restrictions were lifted by the R Governor in Iowa. Look at this map from today and tell me what state sticks out like a sore thumb....

Who's doing the politicizing here? You're trying to pin every covid death on Trump. All of them. Each and every one because "it didn't have to happen". Viruses don't work like that. New Zealand did not have zero covid deaths, and I don't know if you noticed, but there's a whole hell of a lot more people in the U.S. than there are in New Zealand. A lot more densely populated areas too. A lot more riots where the potential spread of contagion was swept under the rug as well.
Iowa and New Zealand have about the same population density even though almost all of Iowa is habitable, only a small part of New Zealand is so their real density is probably 3 times that of Iowa. Their overall population is close.

Covid cases in Iowa 333000
Covid cases in new Zealand 2363.

Trump and Republicans ran the show here in the US and they continue to do so in Iowa. Yes, those extra 330K cases can and should be blamed on Trump.

Trump's rallies and the Jan 6 insurrection event should also be mentioned in the same breath as the human rights protests.

Last edited:
Now we have Republicans in charge who went all in and supported Trump's big new hoax. 2 weeks ago, all restrictions were lifted by the R Governor in Iowa. Look at this map from today and tell me what state sticks out like a sore thumb....
That would be Florida. Just look at it sticking way out there in the ocean like that. ;)

Yes, you're going to see a spike in cases as restrictions are lifted. That's to be expected. That does not mean you shouldn't ever lift said restrictions. As long as the spread is still manageable, you just have to weigh it against the cost of continuing to force everyone to live in caves. Though if you insist on politicizing this further, we could go back to New York...

And stop trying to expect New Zealand and the U.S. to have identical results. It was never going to happen no matter who's ass sat behind the resolute desk. There is more to a pandemic than the number of people in arbitrary locations.

It could have easily happened.

1 Shut the borders(if Canada agrees to the below, you could leave the north border open)
2 Mortgage and Loan payment freeze
3 Pay people to stay home so that they won't object to...
4 Lock down. Everyone stays home
5 Develop tests that work
6 Develop and use a contact trace system
7 Everyone stays home until 4 & 6 have been proven.
8 Open border when everyone is vaccinated. Pay stimulus for this.
9 Everyone coming into the country must be vaccinated, tested, quarantine and tested again.

We have now spent trillions and will continue to pay trillions for the foreseeable future. A few trillion spent day 1 and a buy in from the people and the US pandemic would be over now.

Why did New Zealanders buy in but Americans didn't? Their leadership.

1. He did. And he got hammered as a racist xenophobe for doing it.
2. That's up to the banks.
3. We already do that. It's called welfare. :p Seriously though, the government should only be paying you to stay home if they forced you to stay home, and it's not feasible to keep going indefinitely.
4. Did that. Didn't work. Lots of people out of a job. Lots of businesses permanently shutdown. Big spike in suicides. Economy in ruins. There's more, but yeah, not a magic bullet.
5. Did that. Got a lot of heat for this one too.
6. Did that as well.
7. Everyone stays home until everyone stays home? :unsure:
8. Pay stimulus to open the border? Why? There's no point.
9. You racist. How dare you even suggest detaining, testing or performing any sort of medical examination on people coming into this country. Why do you hate latinx people so much? 😐

1. He did. And he got hammered as a racist xenophobe for doing it.
2. That's up to the banks.
3. We already do that. It's called welfare. :p Seriously though, the government should only be paying you to stay home if they forced you to stay home, and it's not feasible to keep going indefinitely.
4. Did that. Didn't work. Lots of people out of a job. Lots of businesses permanently shutdown. Big spike in suicides. Economy in ruins. There's more, but yeah, not a magic bullet.
5. Did that. Got a lot of heat for this one too.
6. Did that as well.
7. Everyone stays home until everyone stays home? :unsure:
8. Pay stimulus to open the border? Why? There's no point.
9. You racist. How dare you even suggest detaining, testing or performing any sort of medical examination on people coming into this country. Why do you hate latinx people so much? 😐
1 No
2 No
3 No
4 No
5 No
6 No
7 5 and 6. Typo.
8 stimulus payment would be dependant on getting vaccinated. Border could be opened after that happens
9 Really? Try to get into any other country right now. Most are doing it right.

@Noodle, you do realize that places like China have been caught red handed burying their numbers, right?

@Noodle, you do realize that places like China have been caught red handed burying their numbers, right?
If China were as bad off as the US, they would have 2.1 million dead. They report 89500 dead. Yes that number is probably low but do you really think they are able to hide an extra 2010500 dead bodies or do you think their lockdowns at the beginning of the outbreak resulted in lower deaths rates than we have here?

Keep in mind their pop density and overall population is about 4.5 times that of the states. You said that New Zealand has suck low numbers because of density and overall pop. Why are we doing worse than China or do you believe that China hid millions of deaths from the world and continue to do so?

1 No
2 No
3 No
4 No
5 No
6 No
7 5 and 6. Typo.
8 stimulus payment would be dependant on getting vaccinated. Border could be opened after that happens
9 Really? Try to get into any other country right now. Most are doing it right.
1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 Yes
5 Yes
6 Yes
7 Ok, that makes more sense. Still, already done.
8 So you get a needle in the arm and a check. You're awfully eager to just hand out free money, aren't you Mr. Moneybags.
9 That one just flew right over your head. 🙄

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High