Covid-19 Prepping thread

I have the joy of living in Pennsylvania and being part of a neighborhood facebook page. The amounts of stupid I see just in my own neighborhood makes me sad and I can pretty easily just quote directly from there if I need to.

You should get @D2DC to cough on you, you'll be good then 🤣🤣
To avoid illness, expose yourself to germs, enabling your immune system to develop antibodies. I don't know why everyone doesn't do this... Maybe they have something against living forever.

• Haha
Reactions: Gorny
To avoid illness, expose yourself to germs, enabling your immune system to develop antibodies. I don't know why everyone doesn't do this... Maybe they have something against living forever.
Share needles with heroin addicts, attend bareback orgies, eat poop and become a grade school teacher. Live forever!

Why not alcohol laced with pingeon poop and have some unfried chicken bits floating in it.

Reactions: Gorny
1 out of every 1000 Americans has died from Covid.

So far.

Share needles with heroin addicts, attend bareback orgies, eat poop and become a grade school teacher. Live forever!

Funny you mention "orgies". There's been at least a couple of States and/or institutions issuing guidelines for handling Covid that pretty much sum up as "Make sure you wear a mask when you have sex with a total stranger." :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's idiots on both sides. It's not a hoax and deliberately trying to get it so you get the antibodies is a bad idea. But masks aren't magical force fields either. Wearing one does not guarantee that you can't get Covid or spread Covid to others. Other things that don't help are wearing it under your nose, under your chin, or screaming in someone's face because they aren't wearing a mask. And for the legislators, trying to act like a dictator and have police raid people's homes for not wearing masks doesn't help either. Especially when you get caught maskless at a party the day after you issue said order.

Just put on a mask when you walk around in public and maintain your social distancing. It's really not that much to ask.

And for the legislators, trying to act like a dictator and have police raid people's homes for not wearing masks doesn't help either. Especially when you get caught maskless at a party the day after you issue said order.
When and where did this happen?

When and where did this happen?
Which part?

Actually, nevermind. They're both the same. There's only been a couple of specific incidents of police raids that I've heard about though. One was in the UK and the other I think was in California. Might have been New York. A lot of other places have just had Sheriffs tell the governors to piss off after the order came down. As for the getting caught part, well, that's California, New York, Chicago, Philidelphia, the U.K., New Mexico, Rhode Island, Austin, Denver, D.C., the list goes on and that's just some of the one's I've heard about.

Edit: Minor edit for a typo I just noticed.

Last edited:
Which part?

Actually, nevermind. They're both the same. There's only been a couple of specific incidents of police raids that I've heard about though. One was in the UK and the other I think was in California. Might have been New York. A lot of other places have just had Sheriffs tell the governors to piss off after the order came down. As for the getting caught part, well, that's California, New York, Chicago, Philidelphia, the U.K., New Mexico, Rhode Island, Austin, Denver, D.C., the list goes on and that's just some of the one's I've heard about.

Edit: Minor edit for a typo I just noticed.
The police raid on someone's home. Link us to the article.

I'd have to do some digging to find those specific articles, but here's one from Canada recently. https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/gatineau-...private-gathering-on-new-year-s-eve-1.5251296
This was not a police raid in someone's home because the homeowner wasn't wearing a mask. The police were there because there was a report of a large party. Canada takes it's Covid laws seriously. The people at the party were fined and the person who struck the officer was arrested.

Cops are not kicking down doors because people are not wearing masks...not that i'd have a problem with that if they did. Just saying, it's not happening as you stated.

Cops are not kicking down doors because people are not wearing masks...not that i'd have a problem with that if they did.

Oh? You don't see anything fundamentally wrong about police kicking down doors to arrest people in their own homes for not wearing a mask? You don't think that maybe, just maybe, that's taking things just a little bit too far?

Even if this were the new Black Death and you had to wear a full virus rated hazmat suit just to go outside, I'd be pretty damn skeptical on having the police arrest people for not wearing a flimsy paper mask in their own home.

They don't kick down your door for not wearing a mask, they kick down your door because there are too many people gathered together who might or might not be wearing a mask.

I also think that Superdave is meaning that they can kick down a door to get to someone who has been known not to wear a mask in public when required.
If he means that you need to wear a mask in your own home, then screw Superdave, I'm not doing that unless I, my wife or kids have contracted the virus.
There will need to be some very big changes in the laws to make it an offence not to wear a mask in your own home.

PS: By the way in this day and age it's mostly done by a portable battering ram or a hydraulic doorbuster the days of kicking down doors are way past.

And that idea doesn't bother you? You went outside without a chin diaper, therefore it's ok to have the gestapo...I mean...police barge into your home and arrest you? Are you sure there's nothing at all you find remotely disturbing about that image?

I don't go outside without a chin diaper.

Yes and no, there are a few things that are getting pulled out of context or the context is lacking.

If someone forgets it or wears it wrong, then no that won't be ok, mistakes happen and that are what fines are for.

If someone never wears a mask or wears it wrong on purpose and doesn't learn even with the fines (paid or not) then yes.
Please take that person off the street so that person can't infect others, he or she has a high risk of contracting it and can then spread it further, might even kill people that way and the virus just keeps on going.

That person might unwittingly be committing involuntary manslaughter (unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence, ...)
Not wearing a mask or intentionally wearing it wrong can be seen as criminal negligence in this day and age.

I'm a bit confused now. Can the US police break into a house if you aren't wearing a mask or can't they? I understood that the police did that in the mentioned case because of illegal gatherings at home, no matter if they wore masks or not.

Here in Germany, one's home has special protection. You can basically do at home whatever the hell you like, as long as it's not going to the outside or abusing anybody. For example, you probably know that it's not allowed here to do nazi things in public, like waving swastika flage, doing the Hitler salute, singing the Horst Wessel song etc., but you are free to do all of that at home. Likewise, the members of a household don't have to wear masks at home. Gatherings of too many people who don't belong to the household is illegal though and the police can (and did) dissolve such gatherings.

And that idea doesn't bother you? You went outside without a chin diaper, therefore it's ok to have the gestapo...I mean...police barge into your home and arrest you? Are you sure there's nothing at all you find remotely disturbing about that image?
You are right, the choice of action has to match the deed. It sounds a bit outrageous if the police decides to break into you home for that. Did they really do that? It would be enough to ring the bell and if you don't open, put a letter into the post box, informing you that a fine of $250 or so is due for that.

We have a few measures here as well that don't find my consent. For example, some states here disallowed the sale of fireworks and its burning of fireworks New Year because the expected amount of additional work for hospitals and ambulances would hamper the treatment of Covid cases. I think that the enormous amount of fireworks here at that time is silly and dumb (and many of the dumb people here are burning the heck of a lot of it) and I would appreciate less of that, but people have rights like freedom of choice. There's a limit somewhere, of course, but disallowing it altogether went too far in my opinion. Yes, Covid needs a few restrictions on what we regard as granted otherwise, but there's a limit.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High