Covid-19 Prepping thread

Video blocked in your country on copyright grounds.

0.6% kill rate now and still the international consensus is to shutdown the economy. How can this possibly make sense?

0.6% kill rate now and still the international consensus is to shutdown the economy. How can this possibly make sense?
Yeah, that's only 47 million worldwide deaths at that miniscule rate. Equal to the pop of Canada and Sweden combined.

Still less than WW2, although more than WW1. So yeah, not as terrible as the nazis.

Zod is right with respect to cold reason. According to our idol, Joseph Stalin, 47 millions is just a statistic.

It's easy to make these calculations when you are among those with a low risk of suffering from it.

Yeah, that's only 47 million worldwide deaths at that miniscule rate. Equal to the pop of Canada and Sweden combined.

To be fair do we really need Canada or Sweden though? I mean really? *Sarcasm

To put this in American terms because its hard for us to understand anything unless its in direct relation to ourselves. We have 328 Million people. If we lost 47 million in the US that would be a little less than 15% of the united states, or a little less than 1 in 7 people.

There, I just made it sound way more scary to get the point across by shifting some numbers around. (y)

*Disclaimer I am in no way saying that shutting down is the wrong thing to do, its absolutely the right thing to do, our government just fails to enforce the second necessary portion of shutting down which is giving people the means to live. Other countries shut down and gave people who were unemployed 80% of their salary for months. Our government just gave us a one time payment of $1,200 and said good f*in luck.

If the majority of the workforce fall into low risk then shutdown? People who have already retired (the high risk) live permanently in shutdown anyhow. Where is the common sense? There are millions of young people who have next to no risk of death at all having their livelihoods ruined by the pretentiousness of these whom are over politicizing the issue today. I'm not saying we should never have shutdown, it didn't happen fast enough at the start imo but it is making less and less sense to continue on the exact same trajectory if the statistics are changing.

Sweden didn't lock their country down and today they have a death rate below 0.1%. Lockdown's are not the only way to deal with a pandemic. The spanish flu was largely defeated by social distancing for instance. Individual's need to get it into their own heads what to do if they live in area's that makes them susceptible. If you lockdown and smash your economy are you still not left with the same idiots that will keep doing the wrong thing anyhow?

Sweden didn't lock their country down and today they have a death rate below 0.1%. Lockdown's are not the only way to deal with a pandemic. The spanish flu was largely defeated by social distancing for instance. Individual's need to get it into their own heads what to do if they live in area's that makes them susceptible. If you lockdown and smash your economy are you still not left with the same idiots that will keep doing the wrong thing anyhow?

This argument then reverts back to the fact that people in 'Murica don't listen unless it benefits them, as most people are selfish assholes. Social distancing and masks protects the other person, it does not protect you to the same extent (if an infected person is wearing a mask and you are not you are less likely to get the disease, however if the infected person is not wearing a mask and you are, you are more likely to get the disease). Basically some shit head can cough in my face and it gets absorbed through my eyes because they are shit heads and I can't do anything about it. We live in the land of "masks are oppressive" and "they are infringing on my rights!" If everyone actually wore their masks correctly and kept their distance between people we wouldn't have to lock down. Other countries have done it and have done it successfully. South Korea is another great example of containing the pandemic without total shut down, and they have large amount of population density.

1607224706663.png

Also, yes, those at highest risk of dying are the high risk and elderly. For the most part elderly don't go very many places, which is pretty true, but the rest of us do. But then because we didn't wear our masks or distance whenever we go and visit them, we have the benefit of passing it onto them ourselves.

Also, yes, those at highest risk of dying are the high risk and elderly. For the most part elderly don't go very many places, which is pretty true, but the rest of us do. But then because we didn't wear our masks or distance whenever we go and visit them, we have the benefit of passing it onto them ourselves.
Finally someone is starting to get it. Here in Aus it was clear that the elderly were the last to realise everyone was grabbing the toilet paper in their panic buying frenzy. The worried looks on their faces in the supermarket isles said it all. But this is how it works you see, if you take away other persons ability to look after themselves they are often forced to do things that make the matter worse for everyone else. For instance:
covidmemes-update-3-19-20-24.jpg

Hence, if you don't let people earn a living one way or another these sorts of things will start to arise in some form or another.

People are often shortsighted untill you explain it a bit.
I explained to someone about the same as above.
Look at the bigger picture instead of looking at just the deaths.
I also included only 1% deaths is nothing, unless it is your family or you that is in that 1%.

Dec 9th...3055 US deaths reported.

We are number 1!
On the 8th, there were "only" 7700 worldwide deaths. It won't be long before the US accounts for half of all deaths from covid. Only 4.2% of world pop is American.

So someone in my office tested positive for COVID-19 and decided to come in to work. This was last week around Wednesday. The main office I work out of is on the 8th floor of my building, I'm assigned to 25 and in my own room and only go down to 8 to pick up or drop off work. I was out of the office anyway for a few days. Well this person comes in, management found about it, the entire staff on 8 was sent home, two managers that I know of have to quarantine, and now those of us up on the floors are the only ones working. As we are essential workers, though not front line, we're still working.

This same person has come in sick before at the start of the pandemic, and at that time said he may or may not have had it and was promptly sent home back then.

Some people just don't care or are completely oblivious.

Reactions: In The Name of Zod
Yep, they are everywhere and they will continue to do this covid or no. Remember its not just c19 that can kill you. I remember coming down sick at work once and told the floor manager that I was feeling ill at the same time he was sending home another female employee early just because she asked. The floor manager was hesitant and resisted to allow me to go home, he was that incompetent but this is what you get in the workforce. It turned out I had bronchitis and was off for 4 weeks, never the less you can not blame people for doing what they have been told to do. Too many people just can't think for themselves. You just have to tough it out in the workplace that's how it is.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High