Covid-19 Prepping thread

superdave

Mar 14, 2004
Toss some useful tips for surviving the coming end of days in this thread. Here is mine....

If the water coming out of your taps becomes suspect, you can use bleach to kill the bugs in it and save yourself from using up your stockpile of TP in 2 days.

Use regular bleach...don't use bleach with added color or scent. Bleach will contain either 6% or 8.25% sodium hypochlorite. Add 8 drops of 6% to 1 gallon of water or 6 drops of 8.25% to 1 gallon of water. Stir it up and let it sit for 45 minutes. It should have a slight smell of chlorine.

You could also boil the water. You only have to do it if you are going to drink it, except it's really bad.

Put a sign at the fence with the text "TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT! Ring the bell and wait for permission to enter". Make your threats come true if necessary.

There is no shortage of TP or anything else in the supermarkets here, but that might just mean that there are less neurotics here. There might have been a bit less noodles, although it might just have been the usual fluctuation.

Which ethically acceptable ways are there to take advantage of idiots? How long I should wait before making investments in stocks that have dropped massively? I think it's a bit too early.

Trump is still running America. Stocks can drop even more.

Stocks will drop again when more deaths in the US appear, which they will because of his useless prep and terrible health system.

Buy up some of that TP and hand sanitizer and resell it for a huge mark-up on Ebay.
Wait until the bodies start to pile up to list it on EBAY for maximum profit. 30 day food buckets that I keep just in case of emergency are now selling at 7 times the price I paid 3 months ago. Check back in 3 weeks and i'll bet they are 10 times the price.

I watched the movie Contagion again. Protip - If you see Gwyneth Paltrow walking down the street...run away. Stay safe.

Reactions: Dredd
Like the Starcraft 1 wraith pilots say: "Drop your stocks and grab your TP" ;)

With the closing down of kindergardens and me not being in an essential job, I'm at home caring for my daughter. She's gonna turn 5 in like 3 weeks, and I don't really know how to tell her we are probably cancelling her birthday party. For this reason I'm looking for an over the top kind of gift to give her as compensation, but I'm stumped.

Oh, and advice? Time to look through the old freezer and consider actually eating some of the stuff that makes you have to shuffle around everything to fit more stuff. Stay home if possible. I even talked to the wife. She seems like a nice person.

Reactions: Luhkoh
A pony.

Not sure why everybody is buying town portals, but *shrug* what do I know?

@Helvete: about birthday parties: My little one is 5 years, too, and luckily got her birthday party like 1 week before the first news on Covid-19. She is very cognisant of the virus, though - she even started to wash her hands after using the bathroom "you know, because of Corona, daddy!"! (y) so, depending on how the topic is treated at home and in kindergarden, maybe she will even be aware that this is something bigger than her birthday party and that it is only postponed?

Also, a big sandbox or climbing contraption might be just the thing if you don't want to leave your house/garden.

Yeah, well... we have about 150 centimeters of snow for the moment, so I may have to build her a snow cave or something. Postponing is probably not much of an option, since Norwegians in general are not much smarter than your average hillbilly US citizen. So we'll keep spreading the virus, and act as if this is all because of whomever we didn't vote for is still alive. Maybe talk the wife into a HUGE candy present, since candy is strictly rationed in our household.

Yeah, well... we have about 150 centimeters of snow for the moment, so I may have to build her a snow cave or something. Postponing is probably not much of an option, since Norwegians in general are not much smarter than your average hillbilly US citizen. So we'll keep spreading the virus, and act as if this is all because of whomever we didn't vote for is still alive. Maybe talk the wife into a HUGE candy present, since candy is strictly rationed in our household.
Well yeah, that does make my suggestions look very silly now, does it? xD

Then what about asking her, what the ultimate present would be? (of course, the dangerous part is that she might answer something like "a real unicorn!")

Good luck in any case!

P. S. Your new avatar makes it difficult to connect you to my inner representation of you which is linked to your old avatar... Is this Inflexibility finally a sign of my age?

I'll admit I have done a bit of prepping but that's because the fruit and veg section is bare most of the time now. For the first time in my life I'm storing veggies. I actually looked up in YT how to store pots and carrots and now have a couple boxes in my shed. I felt a bit silly doing it but I try to eat organic and it's already difficult enough getting a good supply of that. I guess I am falling for the hype.

I already had about 4 litres of 99.9% alcohol (art supply) so I've been spraying that on my hands when out. Hope we don't get pulled over in the car because it smells like a brewery inside.

Buy up some of that TP and hand sanitizer and resell it for a huge mark-up on Ebay.
I think the TP haussee is over by now, the stores have enough of it again. I could speculate on falling TP prices, however.

I bought 10kg of oats. I'd love to pretend that I don't just normally have 10kg of oats in my cupboards anyway. I also bought 7 blocks of cheese, two tubs of margarine and froze 4 loafs of bread. Lots of green tea.

Oh what happened to me.

I bought 10kg of oats. I'd love to pretend that I don't just normally have 10kg of oats in my cupboards anyway. I also bought 7 blocks of cheese, two tubs of margarine and froze 4 loafs of bread. Lots of green tea.

Oh what happened to me.
Now get 10kg of rice, 10kg of dried beans and 20Kg of flour and you might be able to survive what's coming.

yum.....hospital food!

Can someone point me to the bar, I need to kill this germs with some alcohol.

The bar is over here, I have it fully stocked too.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High