Covid-19 Prepping thread

8 So you get a needle in the arm and a check. You're awfully eager to just hand out free money, aren't you Mr. Moneybags.
If stimulus is not provided, the house of cards collapses now instead of 50 years from now. Yes I would tie stimulus that would otherwise be given freely to getting a vaccine if it meant more people who would get one. This will eventually cost more than it would have cost if the US just bit the bullet and did what New Zealand and other countries did.

Trumps tax cuts that didn't create jobs and didn't raise the wellbeing of the 99%, if divided equally among every American, would have put $700,000 into every citizen's bank account.

No it doesn't bother me one bit bribing some nutter anti-vaxxer who would otherwise not take the shot an extra 1000 bucks.

Last edited:
If China were as bad off as the US, they would have 2.1 million dead. They report 89500 dead. Yes that number is probably low but do you really think they are able to hide an extra 2010500 dead bodies
Well frankly, yes. They do that sort of thing all the time. Ask the uighur. But when it comes to covid in particular, as I recall their numbers, at least the ones we know about, were presented at less than half what they actually were. And that's just from the straight up lying. Who knows how else they've been manipulated.

Well frankly, yes. They do that sort of thing all the time. Ask the uighur. But when it comes to covid in particular, as I recall their numbers, at least the ones we know about, were presented at less than half what they actually were. And that's just from the straight up lying. Who knows how else they've been manipulated.
So double the 89500 then. Hell add another half million to their numbers if it makes you feel any better. The US is still underperforming.

If stimulus is not provided, the house of cards collapses now instead of 50 years from now. Yes I would tie stimulus that would otherwise be given freely to getting a vaccine if it meant more people who would get one. This will eventually cost more than it would have cost if the US just bit the bullet and did what New Zealand and other countries did.
If you could get everyone in the entire world to all go into a thirty day total lockdown at the same time, you could theoretically wipe out most transmittable diseases. Guess what. It ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: Vang
So double the 89500 then. Hell add another half million to their numbers if it makes you feel any better. The US is still underperforming.
So you're willing to admit that China is under reporting their numbers by a significant margin I might add, but the idea that political factions in the U.S. might be inflating ours is impossible to fathom?

Glurin, your credibility would benefit from you responding with actual verifiable facts when challenged, rather than continuing to spin meaningless conspiracy theories. (With apologies to the mythical coroner in Colorado.)

So you're willing to admit that China is under reporting their numbers by a significant margin I might add, but the idea that political factions in the U.S. might be inflating ours is impossible to fathom?
Up until a month ago, who was in charge of the numbers? I'll give you a hint. He said this about numbers...."I like the numbers being where they are." as he denied the sick on a cruise liner access to dock. Is the the kind of person who inflates the numbers or under-reports?

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodle
Glurin, your credibility would benefit from you responding with actual verifiable facts when challenged, rather than continuing to spin meaningless conspiracy theories. (With apologies to the mythical coroner in Colorado.)
trapdoor-spider-gif-1.gif

"I don't pay much attention to what goes on outside my bubble ... but when I do, it is to deny that anything is going on outside my bubble."

Regarding the 13% false positive according to the last link, it means that 13% of the reported Covid cases are people who had Covid and died from something else, correct? If Covid isn't related to their death, it means that 13% of all people in general are currently afflicted with Covid. If it's less then Covid was a factor that played a role.

I'm not going to be pedantic whether it's 13%, 5% or 50%, but if it is 13%, then 87% still remain, i.e. there were 435,000 Covid deaths in the US so far. Regarding that number, I ask myself why it is like that. How many people in the US have no health isurance that pays costs for Covid affliction, including lacking wages? Does the typical health insurance pay it in full and without any ifs and buts? What happens to one's health insurance in the US if you become unemployed? In case of any problems with that, you might not go to the doctor if you start showing Covid symptoms, hoping that it's just a cold, and an untreated Covid affliction certainly has a much higher death rate.

Oh health insurance and medical costs have long been an issue in the U.S., as you well know even if you're not a U.S. citizen, but that's a different much more involved topic.

Regarding the 13% false positive according to the last link, it means that 13% of the reported Covid cases are people who had Covid and died from something else, correct?

More or less. It's not really a false positive though. It's all about context. You see, the thing is that the CDC wants to know how much the virus has spread. To that end, they want everybody to report every positive test result. When it comes to fatalities, they still need that information whether the virus directly caused the death or not. Doesn't take a genius to figure out there's going to be a lot of overlap between people who died with covid and people who likely would have died even if they didn't have it, whether that death was caused by a car accident or a bullet wound or a heart condition. There's also going to be a lot of cases where covid might possibly have been a contributor, but not really the cause.

The problem is politicians, bureaucrats and mainstream "journalists" aren't real interested in context, so the story you get from them is just that the virus killed half a million people and shame on anyone who dares to question it. All of the nuance in the data is completely lost in favor of their favorite narrative.

The question whether Corona is the cause of death, one of the factors or none is not a trivial question. In some cases it might be a matter of opinion.

Examples (and my opinion):

You have Corona and a meteorite strikes you dead -> totally unrelated
You have Corona and a lethal disease (e.g. rabies) which kills you -> unrelated
You have Corona, get fired for having exceeded your sick days, get drunk in a pub, fall into a river and drown -> not really related
You have Corona, get dizzy from the fever, overlook a car when crossing the street and it runs over you > kind of related
You have Corona and a dangerous disease (e.g. Ebola) and die -> minor factor for death
You have Corona and a serious disease (e.g. the flu) and die -> relevant factor for death
You have Corona and a rather harmless disease (e.g. a cold) and die -> important factor for death
You have Corona which causes pneumonia which kills you -> deciding factor for death
You have Corona and your organs fail -> cause of death

I love your guy in Pueblo who insists, " 'How many people have died of COVID? And my short answer for that is, none,' Cotter said." Really credible.

To balance the unverifiable anecdotes you cite, we have the CDC finding there have been over 500,000 excess deaths than would have been expected without COVID, aka the Trump virus. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm These data can only be explained by one of three ways:

1) The deaths attributed to COVID have, if anything, been understated.

2) There is a mysterious secret killer that has quietly, without anyone noticing, killed hundreds of thousands of Americans. It's killed a bunch of people worldwide too, again without anyone noticing it, but it seems to have a particular fondness for killing Americans.

or

3) For no apparent reason, Americans decided over the course of the past year to suddenly begin dying at unprecedented rates.

Again, the excess deaths are the number of deaths above and beyond those that would be expected based on years of data patterns. You know, actual verifiable stats rather than some unverifiable anecdotal BS.

@Noodle There are a few more ways to explain it, aliens, vampires and we can think up a few more if we really put our heads together from a safe distance that is and preferably with a mask.

"Deaths among cases" are not classified as Covid deaths by the CDC. It is a classification used to help predict the infection rates.
What happens to one's health insurance in the US if you become unemployed?
You are fucked.

Covid deaths and cases are being undercounted....

Reactions: Noodle
The question whether Corona is the cause of death, one of the factors or none is not a trivial question. In some cases it might be a matter of opinion.
That's the point. It's an analog system, not a binary one. Combine that with a political faction and news media that has a vested interest in keeping people as panicky and stupid as possible and it's little wonder that the numbers being reported are questionable. Particularly when said faction defines "super spreader events" by political ideology.

• Love
Reactions: jmervyn
That's the point. It's an analog system, not a binary one. Combine that with a political faction and news media that has a vested interest in keeping people as panicky and stupid as possible and it's little wonder that the numbers being reported are questionable. Particularly when said faction defines "super spreader events" by political ideology.
We all know whose thumb is on the scale when politics determines the count. In every case, it it to make their numbers look better. Sometimes a super spreader event is a political rally because it is. Thousands gather in a confined space and many don't wear masks. To deny that they are is insanity and dangerous. i am surprised Elly hasn't kicked you off her site considering the garbage you spew. It is people like you that get people killed.

Yeah, sure, it's random people on the internet telling others to calm the **** down and look at the situation rationally that are getting people killed. Not the ones looting stores, burning down buildings, assaulting people, calling for the death of those who disagree with them, etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jmervyn
Yeah, sure, it's random people on the internet telling others to calm the **** down and look at the situation rationally that are getting people killed. Not the ones looting stores, burning down buildings, assaulting people, calling for the death of those who disagree with them, etc. etc. :rolleyes:
Don't choke on your racist dog whistle.

Not that I'm bothering to follow this conversation, but I find it hilarious that my Governor, Andrew "The Prince of Darkness" Cuomo, is going through the fairly well-recognized sexual harassment wringer (in other words, he's a known SEXISSSSSSPIGG!!!!111!) in an attempt to distract from his office breaking laws & suppressing evidence, lest the EBIL ORANGEMANBAD actually point out that Cuomo wasn't the godking that Proggy fascists were making him out to be.

I think this is likely because whoever the Proggy powers-that-be have recognized that much like Cankles Clinton, Cuomo isn't going to share the power or take instruction well. I mean, they ought to have known that after years of hate-filled arrogance from the both of them, but Proggies aren't exactly smart.

Just megalomaniacal.

Meanwhile, remember #Bridgegate, where Chris Christie was essentially eliminated from ever holding public office again thanks to a couple of his subordinates deciding to screw up traffic patterns as juvenile reciprocity for some political enemies?

I'm totes certain the fact that your policies snuffed tens of thousands of old people unnecessarily, that you refused to change them despite the protests of your own "brain trust", that you slandered said "brain trust" in order to demean their credibility, and that you have engaged in a year-long coverup of the fact... is nowhere near as bad as making some people have longer waits in traffic jams. Yeah.

Reactions: Glurin
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High