Covid-19 Prepping thread

New record number of daily infections reported yesterday in the US. 45557 new cases. The first wave never ended. Record number of daily spikes in the 3 most populous states. Shit's gonna get real very soon.
Yeah, I agree. The first wave never ended. How can it when so many people want to run around and get infected.

We have so much means to connect to the world from the safety of our own homes and people still find that they should get out and mingle even if it is against the law.
Some people take it seriously but most haven't been affected and so don't take the necesarry precautions.
I'd rather have the governement tell everyone to wear a mask wheneve they leave the house.
Here in belgium every citizen got some masks provided by the governement that can be washed at 60°C to kill the germs so there is no reason for people not to wear it except comfort.

I'm being a bit hypocritical here though, I don't wear a mask to work, though I wear one when I drop or pick up the kids from school, depending on how crowded the supermarket is I'll wear one or not.
I wear glasses and they constantly fog when I wear a mask, so it is out of comfort that I sometimes don't wear one, my eyesigt is good enough to see and recognise my kids from a distance or ride a bike but I can't read squad unless I get close so in the supermarket it's a pain to wear one. If I don't wear my glasses for a while I get a nasty headache.

We are all doomed by these covidiots.redhatcovid.jpg

Reactions: Elly
End of days.. I like that little touch lol :cool:

People in my area bought like 20 packs of toilet paper then got upset when they finally realized they over reacted and Costco wouldn't let them take it back. Took almost 3 months for stores here to replenish cleaning wipes.

But store shelves seem to be doing okay now.

End of days.. I like that little touch lol :cool:

People in my area bought like 20 packs of toilet paper then got upset when they finally realized they over reacted and Costco wouldn't let them take it back. Took almost 3 months for stores here to replenish cleaning wipes.

But store shelves seem to be doing okay now.

I was at a Costco around here and one guy almost got physical with the Costco staff when they wouldn't let him buy multiples of water, toilet paper and things like that. He had two cart loads.

I was at a Costco around here and one guy almost got physical with the Costco staff when they wouldn't let him buy multiples of water, toilet paper and things like that. He had two cart loads.

Those kind of people drive me nuts. They panic and get greedy, like its the end of the world, and other people are left with nothing. Ironic since if others can't disinfect stuff creates a risk for everyone else if you think of it that way.

Those kind of people drive me nuts. They panic and get greedy, like its the end of the world, and other people are left with nothing. Ironic since if others can't disinfect stuff creates a risk for everyone else if you think of it that way.

On the flip side of that, I was at another local Costco the next morning and the lines went from the cash registers, down the isles and into the walk in coolers at the back of the store. One man with a flat bed was nice enough to let up put our stuff on his flatbed as we waited in line for an hour. He was then nice enough to walk with us to our car and then went to his after we unloaded.89856052_1258918987634883_8186684188502523904_o.jpg

4 million US cases and just under 145K dead. He will be right eventually.

The economic impact of this virus is what it will be remembered for because the death rate is a joke.
It's all fun and games until it's your mom gasping her last breath alone in a hospital room. Amirite?

700,000 dead as of today. Large numbers are hard for some people to grasp. That is the population of the city of Boston...all dead. 10 standing room only football stadiums...all dead. If you counted the second hand clicks on your clock, it would take more than 8 days for you to get to 700,000. One person dropping dead every second for more than 8 days.

Yes the death rate is not even close to ebola or marburg but then those diseases are not going to continue spreading until 80% of the entire population has been infected. 80% of 7.8 billion people times "death rate is a joke" = millions of dead over the next 3 years.

It's all fun and games until it's your mom gasping her last breath alone in a hospital room. Amirite?
We are going to die one way or another so yeah I'm likely going to see both of my parents die albeit probably not in front of me. The spanish flu wiped out 50-100 million people at a time there was a lot less of us and treatments meant doing things like blood letting. How was that defeated? Social distancing and better hygiene. I doubt any of these moron protestors would have considered looking into these kinds of facts before they most rationally decided to do there best to prolong the problem.

So yeah, as I said. It will be the economic impact that we will remember this virus for and the wise one's will wonder where we could have been if more of us had done the right thing.

World economic outlook 2020

WEOtableJune2020.ashx

The number of people not socially distancing while they protest for basic human rights pales in comparison to those not socially distancing and not wearing masks while they carry on with their daily lives. You know, like getting haircuts and stuff.

I want a t-shirt that says, "If you don't respect the social distance, why should I respect your knee caps?" or soemthing similar that points out that if you get to close to me I might hurt you.
One that has a cartoon that goes something likes this: Title: Why wear a mask? Description: Lets change mouth masks with pants and covid-19 with pee --> So we all wear no pants and someone pees on you, you'll get wet. Now if you wear pants, you'll still get wet but less. Now if the one peeing wears pants, the pees stays with him and you wont get wet.

In Germany, people have to leave their names when visiting a restaurant:

2caa4bac-02cb-4a7e-8382-46370406e0a4_w920_r1.5003750937734435_fpx51.98_fpy50.jpg

"Alarm! Action! In the Italian restaurant next door, there are Bin Laden, the Beagle Boys, Honecker and Don Corleone"

Same her in Belgium, some politicians really do like to go to restaurants all over the country.

Reactions: krischan
Our restaurants' patrons would include Ben Dover, Barry McKochner, Mike Litoris, Suk Maddiq, Mike Hunt and Phil McKracken. That's why the US doesn't bother with contact tracing.

• Haha
Reactions: krischan and Dredd
Our restaurants' patrons would include Ben Dover, Barry McKochner, Mike Litoris, Suk Maddiq, Mike Hunt and Phil McKracken. That's why the US doesn't bother with contact tracing.
I think we had a Ben Dover in the old forums, correct?

Maybe I should start signing with Krischan Ständer. It probably needs a good grasp of the northen German dialect to get it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High