Concentrator question

EarthboundNess

Dec 13, 2006
Concentrator question

I was thinking of creating an untwinked Barbarian, and I was wondering if it is viable (able to play in Hell) to create a Concentrator Barb. Or, is there another Barb build that would be better suited to play untwinked?

I was thinking of creating an untwinked Barbarian, and I was wondering if it is viable (able to play in Hell) to create a Concentrator Barb. Or, is there another Barb build that would be better suited to play untwinked?
Concentrators are absolutely viable no-twink. I personally don't like them (they attack too slowly for my tastes), but they are very powerful, especially no-twink where their inherant advantages (huge defense, uninterruptable attack) can help cover for any weaknesses in gear. Plus, since most barbs max BO anyway, it's nice to put those points to use synergizing your attack, too.

As for other barbs that are doable no-twink... Frenzy and Double Swing are both doable no-twink, but they're also both pretty hard. Leap Attack is also doable no-twink, but a lot of people dislike it (since it attacks so slowly). If you're patient, the safest no-twink build (if you're in HC) is a Thrower. The damage isn't phenominal, but pairing Grim Ward, Howl, and Leap (not leap attack- ordinary leap) with a ranged attack makes for some safe adventuring. Howl gives you a panic button to create some space. Grim Ward gives you a very safe haven to stand in and throw, away from all melee attacking monsters. Leap is nice because it automatically knocks back all enemies within a radius (more points = larger radius). This is good because knockback = auto-hitrecovery, which if you constantly leap you'll keep all monsters onscreen stunned and far away from you (you can throw between Leaps to kill them in safety). It also works against champs/uniques (and all but a very few superuniques, like Act Bosses, Griswold, Izual, and the Ancients). Just don't use it around LE monsters (they emit sparks when they're knocked back).

If you're a little braver. 2-handed Berserk is also one of the better no-twink builds out there. Get a good stun duration with War Cry, stun all the enemies, and then Berserk them to death (refreshing the stun before it wears off). It takes a lot more courage, but it's very effective, thanks to the huge damage boost and the utter lack of resistances to magic in Hell. You could also make a Howling Berserker- Howl monsters away, taunt them back one by one, and then kill them. Slower, but just as good.

Concentration will probably be the easiest no-twink, though. Nice blend of killing speed and safety.

Concentrators are absolutely viable no-twink. I personally don't like them (they attack too slowly for my tastes), but they are very powerful, especially no-twink where their inherant advantages (huge defense, uninterruptable attack) can help cover for any weaknesses in gear. Plus, since most barbs max BO anyway, it's nice to put those points to use synergizing your attack, too.

As for other barbs that are doable no-twink... Frenzy and Double Swing are both doable no-twink, but they're also both pretty hard. Leap Attack is also doable no-twink, but a lot of people dislike it (since it attacks so slowly). If you're patient, the safest no-twink build (if you're in HC) is a Thrower. The damage isn't phenominal, but pairing Grim Ward, Howl, and Leap (not leap attack- ordinary leap) with a ranged attack makes for some safe adventuring. Howl gives you a panic button to create some space. Grim Ward gives you a very safe haven to stand in and throw, away from all melee attacking monsters. Leap is nice because it automatically knocks back all enemies within a radius (more points = larger radius). This is good because knockback = auto-hitrecovery, which if you constantly leap you'll keep all monsters onscreen stunned and far away from you (you can throw between Leaps to kill them in safety). It also works against champs/uniques (and all but a very few superuniques, like Act Bosses, Griswold, Izual, and the Ancients). Just don't use it around LE monsters (they emit sparks when they're knocked back).

If you're a little braver. 2-handed Berserk is also one of the better no-twink builds out there. Get a good stun duration with War Cry, stun all the enemies, and then Berserk them to death (refreshing the stun before it wears off). It takes a lot more courage, but it's very effective, thanks to the huge damage boost and the utter lack of resistances to magic in Hell. You could also make a Howling Berserker- Howl monsters away, taunt them back one by one, and then kill them. Slower, but just as good.

Concentration will probably be the easiest no-twink, though. Nice blend of killing speed and safety.

Thanks for the input SSoG, I learned a lot from how you responded. Well, I'm off to make a Concentrator!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High