Clint The Wind Druid

ClintBarbarian

Jun 12, 2021
I said that I was going to wait until Resurrected to make this character. But I was lying to myself, I can't live without Diablo for that long.

So I am starting Clint the Wind Druid today. He is untwinked. My plan is to play through Normal and Nightmare difficulties on Players 8 setting. Then farm Nightmare in preparation for Hell.

My progress may be slow at first because I find Normal boring. But soon I will be updating this thread with any significant progress and major item finds.

I usually aim behind the monster. Tornado follows the same path with every cast if cast continuously, so if you get a nice path going, don't stop. Alternatively, you can stand on top of everything.

Also, FCR is helpful here as the pulse damage (5 pulses per tornado) of tornado bypasses next delay and can't be blocked, so the relative contribution that aiming makes to your DPS is overshadowed by simply laying down as many of them as you can :)

Tornado has next delay and last collide, so each tornado hits once.

Windy is a fun one! Going UT, what is your PI plan for Hell?

I believe somebody was/is writing a starter build guide for Druid/Windy. May want to check that out for inspiration (or to share your experience).
Holy Freeze for the mercenary for more cold damage and the slow effect. Maybe an Obedience polearm for him if I find the runes. I'll figure something out before moving to Hell.

I usually aim behind the monster. Tornado follows the same path with every cast if cast continuously, so if you get a nice path going, don't stop. Alternatively, you can stand on top of everything.

Also, FCR is helpful here as the pulse damage (5 pulses per tornado) of tornado bypasses next delay and can't be blocked, so the relative contribution that aiming makes to your DPS is overshadowed by simply laying down as many of them as you can :)

Tornado has next delay and last collide, so each tornado hits once.
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep all that in mind. I am usually pretty good at aiming the tornadoes, but sometimes I miss when things get chaotic in difficult fights.

@art_vandelay is covering the Windy :)
Oh good, that will probably be helpful at some point. (y)

So Act 1 Normal is completed. I farmed Countess to make a Leaf staff and Stealth armour. I have one 10% FCR ring equipped to hit the 30 frame casting breakpoint. I found my first unique, unfortunately a useless Leadcrow.

I robbed Gheed with my gambling. He gave me rare MF gloves and boots.

Gloves.png Boots.png

In my head he is walking through the deserts of A2 with a cheroot in his mouth to an Ennio Morricone soundtrack.

Reactions: ClintBarbarian
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High