Chaostar - introduction topic

Chaostar

Jul 25, 2020
Hey !

I'm not sure it's the right place, but I wanted to say hello (again) to the wonderful SPF Community :LOL:
I used to post on the older forum (which seems to be gone, I hope most of great topics were saved), and I'm glad to see another forum rised.

I'm from France, playing (badly I guess to be honest) D2 since the day it came out (and played A LOT to D1 before that... and after), and I still do, even if i have to say I stopped for a couple of years (maybe longer...) for various reasons, lack of time beeing the main reason.
I played as single player 99% of the time, even when I played on Battle.net in early 2000's., so I love what I found in here :ROFLMAO:
I was really disapointed by Diablo III, so I think I'll stick to D1 & 2 forever, but it's fine, I still have a lot to do with these 2 and will probably never manage to accomplish everything I think about.

So, happy to be back here, as I bought D2R yesterday (I though it was only a graphical reissue, but I figured out I was wrong, still have t understand what the terror zones are, and so on)
I also had a computer issue, I have backups of my previous chars, but I think I'll enjoy to start from scratch for a moment on a brand new machine.

So see you around !

Welcome back, I think I remember your name.

I started from scratch in D2R as well. It is the same but different. The first release was pretty much just graphics but now there are many small improvements, many things taking some of the grind out of the game (like Terror Zones). But in balance I think it is a great version of a classic.

Reactions: Chaostar
Hey, salut and a heartfelt welcome back!

So good to see you finally joining the new SPF again! I am still - albeit slowly - making progress in your awesome Ability Scroll Sept Tournament, though I got sidetracked by @Vang's Random Tournaments and my own UT99er Aviendha and recently by trying out the Terror Zones.

And yes, of course I inserted the links to lure you into joining one of those events now or in the near future ;)

So what are your plans for D2R? Trying out builds? Tournaments? Grail? Let us know how you fare with your goals!

Any plans to try out D4? From my first experience, it is too much like D3, so I'll probably handle it like maxicek and buy it once the price drops to dabble around a bit.

May your drops be green and golden and orange! And here is your welcome basket of freshly baked cookies! Enjoy and share them at the bar, if you like! See you around! 🙋‍♂️

Thank you guys, what a great welcome ! Grisu I remember you wrote me a few years ago to point out this new forum, thanks you for that ! I saw all the stuff saved, it's great :)

As you mention the tournament I started, I was rereading all the topic about it, and I think I'm gonna re enter this tournament, as I think I stopped in act 5 or act 1 Nightmare

My expectations about diablo IV are null. I think I won't like it.

About D2R, I dont know, I still have to figure out what's really new, beside a few runewords and zones to gain more Xp. I saw some skills were boosted, like Fist of Heaven, but I didnt looked closely.
So I guess, get some high level chars in D2R.
I also wanted to get back to time travel (D2 1.0, 1.6, 1.7...) but I think it will be for later.
Dont plan to get my my old saves for the moment.

See you around :)

Reactions: Grisu
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High