CaseyJones and the Prime Evils

CaseyJones

Apr 2, 2019
Since I posted in the re-intro thread about me, here I will just discuss characters and projects.

Chars and Projects:
HC Blizzsorc for 2019 RFL - RIP by Cursed Goatmen pack in A5 Nightmare :(

SC UT99er Javazon - Participated RFL 2019 Round 3 - currently lvl 89

SC UT99er Nova/CB Sorc (was ES/Nova for MFO 2019 Summer and RFL 2020 Rnd 1) - currently lvl 94

HC Trapsin - "I'm overburdened" - Lvl 17 in Normal - feeling neglected ;)

Ability Scrolls Tourney - On hold right now
- Mercury (SC Hammerdin)
- Venus (SC Magezon)
- Mars (SC Zerker)
- Jupiter (SC Ele Druid)
- Saturn (SC Firesorc - sidelined due to death)
- Uranus (SC phoenix striker assassin)
- Neptune (SC summoner)

SC Novamancer (OBP entrant - 49% dweb wielder) - currently lvl 91 (almost 92)

SC UT99 Bonemancer - currently lvl 86 (OBP entrant, second set)

Working on S/U grail (-85)

Working on R/W grail (barely scratched)

Have a "9,10,11" sept in the works (each character will equip 1 R/W from each patch set and can use no more than 1 R/W from a patch set. (No enigma for this crew) goes hand in hand with the R/W grail.

Reactions: Luhkoh and D2DC
So, it is time I buckle down and focus on 99 for my Nova sorc.

I have used her in a couple of tourneys as an ES/Nova sorc which I find to be a lot of fun. However, mana burn and me don't quite get along and she dies often.

So I have been theory crafting and trying to decide how to complete the push from 94 on without all of the deaths. I tried switching to vita Light sorc as is common for 99er sorcs but the gameplay is quite different and I would really like to keep more of a nova variant.

That means buffing up my defense and dropping ES since every other boss pack and their brother is mana burn and near certain death. I've managed a couple of storm shields over the last year on this sorc and decided to put one to use.

I may regret my choices here but I also decided to settle on guardian angel armor for the extra chance to block/block rate...and the increased resists are nice too. I am basically building a nova tank :)

I burned my last 2 socket quests on these 2 uniques, and I upped the guardian angel to hellforge plate. With a freedom jewel (still looking for that nice +15 all res, -15 req jewel) it only requires 11 more str than the stormshield, which comes with +30 str anyway.

With eld in the stormshield I only require about 170 dex for max block though I am already thinking I may want to target 66% block and drop an UM in instead to free up inventory of res charms (time to farm some more essences).

With shaeled shako, sandstorm treks, and 4 x 5 recovery scs I hit the 60 fhr breakpoint and bring the total dmg reduction to 45

Wielding a hoto for the extra resists right now.

Also, with frozen armor and a defiance merc Im pushing over 10k defense.

Now the downsides, still no Griffons though I did manage an arach mesh from Meph yesterday. And no light skillers yet either so I am lacking any -elr besides the meec infinity, no extra +light dmg, only hit 63 fcr bp right now. So I'm hitting like a wet noodle right now with 1k dmg nova's. Charged bolt has been great for boss killing though...much faster than nova alone :)

So my plan has been to level off of p3 baal runs all the way to 99 which will be slower than many 99er paths but nova isn't a heavy hitter anyway and I hate switching player settings in mid games. Also baal xp (not including the minions) also caps at p3 so fits this run nicely.

I am currently hitting NM cows on p7 trying to get a couple light skillers though I am thinking LK will likely be faster and am planning a switch soon.

After a couple light skillers, I will switch to pindle + baal runs at p3 hoping for that griffons (which I won't be able to socket until I hit 99) and a nice +3/20 eschutas, and a Mara's for the boost to BO and to offset the resists I lose from dropping hoto.

Anyway, the journey continues and will be my focus outside of timed tourneys like rfl/mfo, etc.

Time for an update!

Sadly, less of an update than you might expect given almost a year of time since the last one.

UT 99ers:
Renet Tilley : SC UT99er Nova/ES Sorc - still lvl 94 and my go to choice for running right now (used again for Cows of RFL) : getting ready to hunker down and push for 99 I think...will try for pit runs to 98, and then probably P1 waves/P3 baal runs to 99 - has infinity, would like to find a griffons and some light skillers/facets

April O'neil : SC UT99er Javazon - now lvl 90, my current runner for RFL Round 3, will likely follow a similar path to Renet by running pits to 98 and baal to 99. Has inifinity, would like to get the runes for Enigma, and find a griffons and some Titan's, haven't decided if I want to send her back to LK chest running...kind of depends on rune drops elsewhere I guess.

Grim : SC UT99 Bonemancer - now level 90 used for OBP and RFL round 2, not a powerhouse runner, mainly entered round hoping for Jah drop for enigma (currently sitting on 3 SURs) and some skillers

-----------------------------------

Soft Core Twinked:
Ooze : SC Novamancer (OBP entrant - 49% dweb wielder/RFL RD 1) - currently lvl 91

Blizzness : SC Blizz Sorc - Full Tals set - currently level 91 - also a Trav runner/RFL round 2 at times

Elsa : SC Max Defense Frost Nova - Currently lvl 87 - likely my main tunnel runner

----------------------------------

Next up:
Ashes - LK Sorc - fire/max defense - twinked, softcore
21 shiver armor +prereq
static, tk, tp
warmth
20 firbolt,
20 fireball
20 meteor (+3 other prereqs)
20 fire mastery

followed by:
My "Any" Sept - Twinked Soft Core
Character of each class to run to 90ish. Will use them to respec various builds I want to try around particular rune words. I would rather farm the essences for respec tokens than level a character for each build idea. I like to theorycraft and want to try them out.

Anidin - Paladin - likely level as HDin
Anibarb - Barb - likely level as Frenzy barb
Anisorc - Sorc - not sure yet which build route...maybe dual tree orballer
Aninec - Necro - likely level as summoner
Anizon - Amazon - likely level as magezon
Anidrood - Druid - likely level as windy
Anissin - Assassin - likely level as kicker

What about those tourney characters?!

Parking them for now. I like the idea behind the tourney play and massive restrictions...but once they start to get bogged down by their limitations I tend to grow bored with them. I think that for me and the time I have, I will sit them out for now. I will continue to run in RFL/MFO type events but the single playthrough style isn't currently for me. That may change one day in the future...

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh and PhineasB
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High