• A quick note to everyone that your accounts function on all the "Pure" sites and forums. Your universal login will allow you to post in your main community forum whether it be Diablo, Cyberpunk 2077, or PureDMG. Your account also allows you to login to their respective main websites for comment posting. Simple!

CaseyJones and the Prime Evils

CaseyJones

Mar 16, 2020
Since I posted in the re-intro thread about me, here I will just discuss characters and projects.

Chars and Projects:
HC Blizzsorc for 2019 RFL - RIP by Cursed Goatmen pack in A5 Nightmare :(

SC UT99er Javazon - Participated RFL 2019 Round 3 - currently lvl 89

SC UT99er Nova/CB Sorc (was ES/Nova for MFO 2019 Summer and RFL 2020 Rnd 1) - currently lvl 94

HC Trapsin - "I'm overburdened" - Lvl 17 in Normal - feeling neglected ;)

Ability Scrolls Tourney - On hold right now
- Mercury (SC Hammerdin)
- Venus (SC Magezon)
- Mars (SC Zerker)
- Jupiter (SC Ele Druid)
- Saturn (SC Firesorc - sidelined due to death)
- Uranus (SC phoenix striker assassin)
- Neptune (SC summoner)

SC Novamancer (OBP entrant - 49% dweb wielder) - currently lvl 91 (almost 92)

SC UT99 Bonemancer - currently lvl 86 (OBP entrant, second set)

Working on S/U grail (-85)

Working on R/W grail (barely scratched)

Have a "9,10,11" sept in the works (each character will equip 1 R/W from each patch set and can use no more than 1 R/W from a patch set. (No enigma for this crew) goes hand in hand with the R/W grail.

Reactions: D2DC

CaseyJones

Mar 16, 2020
So, it is time I buckle down and focus on 99 for my Nova sorc.

I have used her in a couple of tourneys as an ES/Nova sorc which I find to be a lot of fun. However, mana burn and me don't quite get along and she dies often.

So I have been theory crafting and trying to decide how to complete the push from 94 on without all of the deaths. I tried switching to vita Light sorc as is common for 99er sorcs but the gameplay is quite different and I would really like to keep more of a nova variant.

That means buffing up my defense and dropping ES since every other boss pack and their brother is mana burn and near certain death. I've managed a couple of storm shields over the last year on this sorc and decided to put one to use.

I may regret my choices here but I also decided to settle on guardian angel armor for the extra chance to block/block rate...and the increased resists are nice too. I am basically building a nova tank :)

I burned my last 2 socket quests on these 2 uniques, and I upped the guardian angel to hellforge plate. With a freedom jewel (still looking for that nice +15 all res, -15 req jewel) it only requires 11 more str than the stormshield, which comes with +30 str anyway.

With eld in the stormshield I only require about 170 dex for max block though I am already thinking I may want to target 66% block and drop an UM in instead to free up inventory of res charms (time to farm some more essences).

With shaeled shako, sandstorm treks, and 4 x 5 recovery scs I hit the 60 fhr breakpoint and bring the total dmg reduction to 45

Wielding a hoto for the extra resists right now.

Also, with frozen armor and a defiance merc Im pushing over 10k defense.

Now the downsides, still no Griffons though I did manage an arach mesh from Meph yesterday. And no light skillers yet either so I am lacking any -elr besides the meec infinity, no extra +light dmg, only hit 63 fcr bp right now. So I'm hitting like a wet noodle right now with 1k dmg nova's. Charged bolt has been great for boss killing though...much faster than nova alone :)

So my plan has been to level off of p3 baal runs all the way to 99 which will be slower than many 99er paths but nova isn't a heavy hitter anyway and I hate switching player settings in mid games. Also baal xp (not including the minions) also caps at p3 so fits this run nicely.

I am currently hitting NM cows on p7 trying to get a couple light skillers though I am thinking LK will likely be faster and am planning a switch soon.

After a couple light skillers, I will switch to pindle + baal runs at p3 hoping for that griffons (which I won't be able to socket until I hit 99) and a nice +3/20 eschutas, and a Mara's for the boost to BO and to offset the resists I lose from dropping hoto.

Anyway, the journey continues and will be my focus outside of timed tourneys like rfl/mfo, etc.

Reactions: Babyhell

Babyhell

Mar 13, 2020
France
Will follow your progress, one of my ut99eresses twins will be some sort of lightning sorc.

I like the idea of the GAngel armor, I love this armor but it is not that easy to put it in use...Looking for your feedbacks on that point!