Can't believe I'm back

Nona

Jan 13, 2021
Hi!
I have installed and uninstalled D2 more times than I care to know, but it always pulls me back in :). I had one lingering project that I never got around to that I am hoping to complete which is a HC sept. I followed along when Nightfish was actively posting about his 7X7! guardians and also previously to that (to give you an idea of how old I am). I have mostly been a causal player and thus never really hoped for most of the runewords (I don't plan on trading), but now it seems like they may be obtainable with some effort in 1.14. So I figured out over the course of a couple of days to get D2 up and running with a glide wrapper. I think I have the RW mod appropriately installed (we will see when I try spirit for the first time) and am off with a HC fishymancer. Nice to see there is still some activity around this game. The SPF always amazed me at its ability to research and innovate this game. I'm sure I'll have some questions as I go-Almost couldn't remember how to make the flail to enter the durance :giggle:.

WB!

Yeah, far more runewords are more attainable now, so I'm sure you'll get one or two of the ridiculously expensive ones if you do much dedicated running in appropriate places.

Also, since I'm sure your shins have recovered from the long-ago...

*kicks shins*
*lifts wallet*

There, now you have to stay until you are recovered ;)

Welcome back!
Almost couldn't remember how to make the flail to enter the durance
Am I the only one that does this?
  1. Find Flayer dungeon and set up TP
  2. Ignore the rest of Flayer Jungle, and go straight to Kurast to find one of those WP
  3. Return through TP to get the brain.
Except that I often forget step three, and just keep going through to Trav. Then, when I down the counsel I get confused why the flail recipe isn't working.. By then I've re-cast my TP. 🙃

I do that if I don't find the WP.

But since I actively hunt the WP, probably only in normal on a char that doesn't ever need the WP.

I learned that technique in speedruns, where he set up a TP outside of den of evil entrance and goes further to cold plain WP

Welcome back! Your name doesn't ring any bells - did you leave before 2006 or simply change your user name?

Enjoy your stay and good luck on your HC journey! Make sure to check out the tournaments! :)

Hey Welcome back. You seem to have been around the same time i used to play a lot. Good to see people still playing as well.

Welcome back! Your name doesn't ring any bells - did you leave before 2006 or simply change your user name?

Enjoy your stay and good luck on your HC journey! Make sure to check out the tournaments! :)
Thanks everyone! I changed my user name. It was the user name my now Ex used for everything so I thought it was time to move on :) I mostly lurked but did post a little and did a giveaway. I'll work on a getting a thread up and running with my progress and questions. I have forgotten so much! Lots of really great info in older posts though.

Reactions: Pb_pal
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High