Can´t find 1.06 Saves

Tears85

Jul 2, 2019
Hi all,

non stop tryin for hours to find my save folders. I know where 1.14 saves are! I´m using Windows 10........ 1.14 saving in a 2nd "Programme (x86)". There used to be my 1.06 saves.....this folder is even named 1.06b! Yet even if I name my 1.06 Folder "Diablo II" I can´t find the saves. If I don´t find my saves I can´t transfer stuff to later patches.

Any help is appreciated!

€: The Saves were in Programme (x86) --> Diablo II ---> Save. Only prob was this folder wasn´t showing until I reinstalled D2 and created a new character!

Last edited:
That's weird. Usually, a system wide search for *.d2s will turn up missing saves.

Problem might be: Had my Installations up and running, but wanted to play in B.Net! Therefor I deleted all installations! Now I´m accidently playin with 1.14 and am not allowed to go to 1.13 again! Never searched *.d2s tho...was creating chars and searched for them, which didn´t show as mentioned above!

Nonono boyz....... I have my 1.06 Saves.... only problem was I didn´t know where it saves the 1.06 files! So if I wanted to play 1.06 in the future, I couldn´t transfer stuff to newer versions....... problem is 99% solved:

- I messed up on reinstallations (Can´t get 1.07 multi instances to work for my live) and doing so I deleted my 1.07 saves. Good thing is I didn´t play 1.07 besides 1 socket quest for a sword I transfered to 1.14 since last backup. Solution: I used socket quest on that item again and threw it on ground.

Last edited:
Ah, misunderstood. The saves were moved to "my documents" only in the recent 1.14 patch. In older versions they should be placed in the "save" or "saves" folder with the rest of the game files (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo 2\Saves). I suppose the game does not create the folder unless you start a new character. If you want to be sure, start any version before 1.14 and create a test char, you can delete it after, the folder should be created.

Can't help more without reinstalling myself because I moved the 1.14 "saves" folder back to the game folder by editing some registry entries (and possibly renamed it, so it might be "save" instead of "saves").

Reactions: Tears85
Problem was I used 1.14 installation with singling...... that totally confused me! ))) Cause I didn´t know if it´s documents save or save folder. Was save folder as mentioned, but that one didn´t show until reinstallation + creat new char!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High