Budget Barb to Farm

Tears85

Jul 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I´ve started out as Barb. As I didn´t play 1.14 for too long so I don´t have all the good itemz.

I´m debatting wether to go Singer or something else:

Prob with both is: No Reaper´s Toll!

For Singer I would have:

- Some Runewords Chest...mb Que Hegans?
- Harle
- Hoto
- Random Belt
- Shield? Spirit? Gerkes? NO Wizzy..
- Magefists
- 3 Warcry Amu afaik
- Rings some random ones
- Boots random

What else I have:

- IK Set?, Catseye, 2Pul for Duress or Mal + Pul + eth War Spike for Oath, Gores, Gulli, Arreats?

In any case Lawbringer Merc...A5 or A3?

I´m total Barb noob, so really looking forward some help?

Kind regards
Daniel

Not sure about the Singer barb without much stuff, for what I remember/read it can/must be kinda costly...I would better go with either WW or Frenzy.

Are you targeting MF quick with him? If so I would maybe go for the WWer. But iirc CtC doesn't work with WW, so Lawbringer should be used by merc.

Maybe a Frenzy build with Oath/Lawbringer swords? Sounds fun!

My first inputs, will follow to see what more experienced people will tell!

Reactions: d2lover and Tears85
For singer I would go for:
1. 105% FCR
2. + Skills
3. + Mana
3. Rest (FHR, IAS ...)

There is some balance to consider between WC level (and manna consumption) and WC damage.

Regarding skills and equipment

From vanilla view point I REALLY suggest using insight with this build, I used reaper's toll and had to rely on purples to keep him going. Had at least 2 columns filled with full rejuv during questing. Better to spend 1 point in berserk as a solution for PI.

WC receive bonus from 3 skill so maxing all wont leave enough points for other, much needed, skills. I went for:
15 in BO
1 in all utility skills + 1 in mace mastery (used naj's staff for tele and berserk)
20 in WC and 2 synergies.

- Weapons: I wouldn't use shield since you wont be blocking much and 90% of the monsters will be stunned anyway. I would go for 2 spirits here.
- Boots: caster boots are good solution until Silkweave
- Gloves: I would consider the gloves that increase manna pool if you can reach 105 FCR without magefist
- Belts: caster belts are highly recommended
- Rings: Soj and rare/magic with high '+mana' stat. Bahamut's Ring of the Apprentice is best IMO but hard to find
- Amulet: I would use caster amulet here
- Charms: Skillers and mana charms

Later when you get better stuff you should definitely try 200 FCR.

It's a very safe char but play-style is very repetitive, slow (without teleport) and boring. If you prefer fast-paced char then definitely go for Frenzy barb.

Reactions: Tears85
I don´t trade @d2lover!

So how´s the Killspeed on Singer....kinda stupid question I assume, but is it OK or superbad?

Thx man...Ill go for it...crafted a 35Spirit! xD Sadly lvl29 but Ancients not doen yet!

My Singer setup, and gear alternatives..

Kiras. IMO this is where the IK Helm is better than Shako. 76 BOable Mana > 100+ from Shako.

Vipermagi. Spirit Shroud is my favorite cheap +1skills/CBF option. Otherwise, Myth for cheap +2skills. Or any other +skills Armor. Enigma is of course the best in slot here.

Arachs. Trangs belt if you need CBF. Or a good craft.

Magefist. Frostburns definitely if you don't need the FCR.

Silkweave.A good craft can be just as useful

3/10 Warcry Ammy. Or any +skills ammy.

2x Bahamuts of Apprentice Rings. SOJs are best in slots. Or Ravenfrost + a good rare/craft if you need the CBF.

2x Suicide Branch. HOTOs are definitely better.

Insight on switch for Mana regen

Lawbringer Merc

Of course 200FCR isn't necessary (105FCR with higher damage is certainly much better imo). Not having Reapers Toll Merc isn't a dealbreaker. Lawbringer on act 5 merc works just as well.

As for killspeed, normally it's faster for the merc to take the lead on attacks and initiate decrep. Then swoop in with the warcries. P1: fast. P3: okay. P5 and above: You'll be annoyed by your Mana running out 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: Tears85
Can I shop a black base? I put a point into mace mastery and amok..turns out I have Redeemer..... want to use Black in offhand!

:eek: Than it´s pointless......figured CB would work anyways! Singer so much more fun and better than frenzy!

Might be true...will have to farm some 1.07 again! :D

Why wouldn´t u use a Staff? Because of mastery?

Last edited:
If you're not using the Insight to hit enemies, make it in staves or voulges for minimal strength/dex requirements.

OK guys so I´m running a nice "stacked" Singer Barb as I finished my Eni yesterday. I am running Pit! At this moment in time I´m using some ResCharms to get those Res capped. But was just fighting a conv LE and no issues at all. Furthermore I´m using a 15MDR String. Do I even have to max resistances? Feels more like a I´m HC so cap the resistances than a real necessaty? What do u guys suggest.....cap res with Charms or nvm and go for max Mana/MF?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High