Bows VS Cows

Captain_Straydum

Nov 11, 2004
Bows VS Cows

Just a short and sweet question here,
Is BOTD Crusader bow better vs cows?
Or is a shaeled WF the best?
Thats it! Short isnt it? No rants this time!
-Straydum

As short as your question was, so short will my answer be: We can't tell.
Explaination: We dont have ANY idea what your equipment looks like, what skills you use, your playing style, etc. etc. etc. so write that down first and then we might be able to help you (if you can't figure it out yourself after writing the rest down).

if you have decent equip which i think you do considering the bows then i would say it wouldnt really matter which one you picked. As long as you have atmas on you should do fine

Dont they recon that if you use strafe then its whichever gives you the best damage. You can always increase the attack speed so go for the damage i recon. But what do i know i own neither of those bows :p

i kinda dont understand what your saying char but in the cows you should use multi. It is a far better killing machine when it comes to cows.

CoRRuPt-OnE said:
i kinda dont understand what your saying char but in the cows you should use multi. It is a far better killing machine when it comes to cows.

Spose if your sticking just to cows it doesnt really matter but if you plan on anything else youd go strafe. Im currently thinking about my ama and might go strafe/multi cover both areas. I spose id still go for the high damage over speed. You can make the speed up with other items i spose

I would have to agree but the only thing is that he didnt specify what kind of zon he was building. I didnt try to say it should be a pure multizon build because it just isnt as common anymore.

Also, I see your point with going strafe for the damage but the thing is that in the cow level i find myself getting surrounded for a good portion of the run and it is useless to be going in circles with strafe.

use wf, atmas, razortail and at least 90 ias if all bow, but really u can pack much more mf on a java cower or hybrid, im not sure if mf is your goal but......i cant even make zons that are all bow or all jav unless they are pvp as hybrid just has sooooooooo much more killin potential.....only beaten by a lammerdin imo perhaps very well equipped wwbarb.

WF - Pro - cheaper, easier to get, more damage, knockback, has some +stats, ML,
socket
Con - low minimum dmg, strength requirements
BOTD - Pro - good average/min dmg, +30 attributes, -25% def, +50 ar, PMH, +200ed vs undead, -20 req, duel leech, 60ias.
Con - harder to get since it sucks compared to wf and its more expensive.
Low max, no kb, nova=death lag (unless you have some really good connection and enjoy the stupid sound of nova going off every second; I lag with it and I'm on cable)

CoRRuPt-OnE said:
I would have to agree but the only thing is that he didnt specify what kind of zon he was building. I didnt try to say it should be a pure multizon build because it just isnt as common anymore.

If you split between Multi and Strafe will you ever be truly powerful enough with either? I havent made a successful bowazon since 1.10 partly because i dont have the kit for it. I had pure strafe last patch but that was when strafe sucked :p

I dont mean to sound argumentative with you CoRRuPt i agree with what your saying. Think i came off sounding worse than i meant to

I have an awesome straffer & got my but handed to me in Ladder Hell Cows. My strafe damage with might & enchant is 4300. Only about 100 of this is poison and the rest is nearly all physical so I would say this is pretty high. Problem is I had no way of freezing them & when the red portal appeared, there were cows on 3 sides of me. Tried this 3 times & got whooped all 3 times. I can solo Dclone in around a minute and 1/2 with this char but cows, no way. Previous ladder I used maxed freezing arrow with a high pierce & had no problem.

This is a high dex build 495 atm with 760 life. level 92 with 82% pierce, 61% critical strike. COH, Andarials Vissage (15% ias, 26 cold res jewel), WindForce (15% ias, 30% ED jewel), Laying of hands, War Travlers, Upped Goldwrap, 20-235 Ravenfrost, and Dwarf Star. My resists are 74,68,74,85. I carry a full inventory of res / life charms & a few max damage charms plus an annihilus. My merc also 92 with andarials vissage, upped duriels shell & reapers toll. I can solo anywhere in the game pretty easy but still can't do cows.

Back to your question... for cows, i would recommend a freezing arrow zon. Botd or Windforce are probably not the best bows for this build. Lycanders or Mavinas set would be much better. Although if you are trying multi, I am not sure how this would work out but windforce would probably be better due to the knockback & the fact that poison nova from botd could lag you which is probably not a good idea in cow level.

I can kill cows better with my Eaglehorn or WWS than with my WF. I use Giant Skull with 2x 15IAS jewels, Crow Caw wtih 15IAS jewel, Highlords, War Travlers, Razortail, Lavagout, Raven frost & a rare dual leech. Inventory with some poison charms & anni.
I have max strafe, max penetrate, max Valk, 10/10 Critical & Pierce. The rest I forgot.

I have no problems with Hell Cows with a Multishotter with maxed FA/CA. I multishot them from off the screen. If any survivors get close, or if the merc/valk attract another group, I zap them with a few FAs then multishot them into oblivion.

WF w/40ed jewel, Mav's Diadem, Lionheart, LoH, Razortail, War Travs, Highlords, Ravenfrost and dual leech ring. Lvl18 Valk and Might Merc.

wf is a way better bow for FA than lycanders, use razortail on cows people.......buehler, buehler

How many times do I have to say:
Godly rare mat > 08 wf > 09 wf > good/godly cruel > botd > upped wws>wws
pvm take out the rare and cruel bows, switch botd and wws and there it is.

Other bows/xbows are either: too slow, lack damage, lack mods.

luis19 said:
How many times do I have to say:
Godly rare mat > 08 wf > 09 wf > good/godly cruel > botd > upped wws>wws
pvm take out the rare and cruel bows, switch botd and wws and there it is.

Other bows/xbows are either: too slow, lack damage, lack mods.

A good or godly cruel can never be as good as a botd bow.
Sorry to have to say this but the rest of your rankings look fine.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High