Depends what you're aiming for. Personally, I'd disagree. Demon Machine will put you at 12fpa, or 11 with some ias gear. Paladins can only reach 11fpa with crossbows. On the other hand, they can reach 9fpa with bows. As such, something like Rogue's Bow (yes, a normal unique) is useful due to the huge 50ias on top of a base speed of -10. However, it doesn't have the best other mods, so it's not the best all round.The very best is Demon machine combined with razortail and some enchant from obedience/demon limb.
I figured out the pierce, but I guess it's a matter of choice. Most problems I have are with boss packs or act bosses, not the normal monsters, so I'm generally happy with 33% pierce alone if it means 9fpa instead of 11. However, Kuko could make a happy medium, with 50% pierce. You'd need a lot of ias for that to work though.@srs0: Demon machine has 66% pierce, razortail has 33%. Add them together and you get 99% pierce, and that means hitting more than one monster per arrow. That's a lot more important than the difference between 11 and 9 frames. 9 frames could be useful on bosses, though.