D2 Blizzard Clarifies Diablo 2 Resurrected Classic Stash Size

Most players are happy with the quality of life changes in Diablo 2 Resurrected whether it be shared stash or auto gold pickup. Blizzard has released this post which explains what’s happening with the Diablo 2 Resurrected Classic stash size.

As of now, the D2R Classic (Base game) will still have the classic stash. I’ve passed off the feedback to the team regarding this but as noted, they are wanting to make sure the game still feels true to what it was in it’s previous life. Future QoL items may be considered but as of now the plan is to ship with the limited stash in the Classic (Base Game) version.

In Diablo 2 “classic” the stash size contains 24 slots and it’s
Diablo 2 Resurrected Inventory
Inventory doubled to 48 in the LoD expansion. So what they are saying is that if you created a “Classic” character, you would not benefit from the stash size increase. This is effectively how the game works currently but some players wanted to see “Classic” characters being able to utilize a larger stash.

The larger stash appeared in the LoD expansion to accommodate new larger but game-changing items such as Charms so it was deem warranted at the time. Stash size has always been an important part of the game mechanics which meant players had to make difficult choices. Blizzard has been concerned about staying as close to the original Diablo 2 as possible but obviously decided that perhaps an increased stash size on classic, which many players wanted to see, could impact those players who want the game to stay exactly as it was.

What are your thoughts on this? Should Blizzard have put the larger stash into the “Classic” D2R or leave it as it was originally? You can cast a vote in our new poll.

I responded yes in the poll, from the point of view of recreating the game states as true as possible, but the debate raging now is whether there will be a shared stash in Classic. I texted Pez so I'll update here if I get a response. Totally academic for me, I have no designs on playing Classic.

Reactions: Rush
I responded yes in the poll, from the point of view of recreating the game states as true as possible, but the debate raging now is whether there will be a shared stash in Classic. I texted Pez so I'll update here if I get a response. Totally academic for me, I have no designs on playing Classic.
That debate is only raging because of the classic stash. If the classic stash was larger then people shared stash is not such an issue. All moot really, we'll get it exactly as the original game was, maybe without or without the shared stash as you say.

People play Classic in 1.14? That is a news item in itself.

That debate is only raging because of the classic stash. If the classic stash was larger then people shared stash is not such an issue. All moot really, we'll get it exactly as the original game was, maybe without or without the shared stash as you say.

People play Classic in 1.14? That is a news item in itself.
It surprised me as well, but there are a few. They're loud and demanding, but like many subsets, I am not sure they are cognizant of their relatively small place in the larger picture.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High