Barbarian Madness Continues - My SC untwinked 99 barb Holy Grail project

Hello guys!

I got something, but not what i wanted xD Did 3k CS runs in total. Found perfect war travs, better Gheed's, nice Blizz combo, some mid runes, some nice charms, a lot of failed set Scourges and many more interesting items. On top of that i found 3 unique Scourges, 2 of them in one day like 30 runs apart... All rolled Horizon's, so i am at 4 horizon's from Diablo in 3k runs and 9 Horizon's total on this barb. Funny thing is that i found next Blinkbat's which was my third item left and got 2 more halaberd's which was my 4th item left. All those drops pissed me off a little bit and CS became really boring, so i decided to do something different. Was thinking about farming Meph. I need some Essences of Hatred and he can drop Stormlash, so win win situation ^^ Doesn't matter that it's the rarest item he can drop with like 1:35k chance with 600+ mf XD I got Schaefer's from Diablo which has similar drop chance, so i can get Stormlash from Meph, EZ!

I am currently experimenting with different setups. Don't want to reroll my Pitmap just to farm Meph a little bit, so i can't really test anything properly. There are many different setups with different mf and stuff. It's really complex, but i think it's possible to farm him in under 25 seconds with like 500+ mf on p1. Talking about barb of course ^^ Maybe someone has any good idea what's the best setup.

As i said, i found some mid runes since the last update and realised i can reroll Grief in my 14ed PB. Got this:
3cCbguN.jpg

Still looking for 390+ damage roll...

I didn't get anything too exciting except those 50 mf war travs, but you can still check some interesting drops below ^^

Biggest upgrade
xeP7PVA.jpg

Skillers with life always nice
8syRnQm.jpg

First blizz Ormus i got was eth and it also had 15% cold skill DMG xD
0iGUEAc.jpg

Nice combo with that Ormus above ^^
eMiFPda.jpg

Some good SCs
KKt454R.jpg

O9eHMOl.jpg

And some good GCs
KrBGqES.jpg

UVnlPyt.jpg

2RIeGem.jpg

wPpHVdt.jpg

My first ever eth GA
OYuyLoc.jpg

Cubed into this
vSDiLp7.jpg

It could have been Bane Ash
AOFglxp.jpg

Second Blinkbat's
0tfEFYw.jpg

Horizon's Hall of Shame:
MqwAouM.jpg

j5EMZ9C.jpg

YtfWKiP.jpg

I will farm Mephisto for some time to get more Essences and then i will probably come back to running CS. It would be funny to get Bane Ash before Stormlash xD

See you in a week or so, when i get bored and switch to something else.

Reactions: Albatross
Good Luck! Maybe don't look for that Stormlash.. It will come when you least expect it 😄
My first unique scourge was a Stormlash. the next ~8... Horizon's. And the latest was an eth Stormlash.. 😅

@saracen85 Thanks. I am already not focusing on Stormlash that much, cause i started farming Meph. Still want to finish the grail asap, so CS farming soon. Also still have to find Bane Ash. I was hoping to get that 1 year goal, but it didn't happen. Guess i won't go to Normal and farm Cold Crow, cause i don't think it's worth it to reroll my pitmap at that point. Would like to finish the grail fast and start other things, but whatever i guess.

Reactions: saracen85
Hi guys!

I wasn't playing for the last 3 weeks, so i don't have that much to show you. I think i am back to farming CS now. Already did 100 runs since yesterday's evening. I am all about quality, so a small number of drops didn't prevent me from getting something cool ^^ Still looking for Stormlash and Bane Ash for the grail.

Sealpop strikes again

Grief rolling luck finally kicked in ^^

Also got this from Diablo. Non-eth Lenymo is pretty much as rare as Stormlash... Eth Lenymo is like 10 times more rare than Bane Ash XD
pBlYNA1.jpg

TC3 items drop like candy...
J9OZkJf.jpg

MCCYZhM.jpg

Sz5ZKHf.jpg

See you in the next update!

Sup guys!

I wasn't here for a long time. Took some break from D2 during the summer. It wasn't planned or anything, it just happened.

When i came back, i farmed Chaos for a few days and all that pitzerker efficiency talk i had with @Luhkoh, @ffs, @Kinkara and others was too much for me and i decided to respec my barb and run some pits. It was kinda rough in the beginning after such long break, but i got it going pretty fast. I changed my build and my merc gear to the one suggested by FFS, switched to -ns and kept grinding. Disabling sound alone was a huge improvemenet and if you add all those small things on top of that, it turns out my efficiency jumped by a lot ^^ I am staying below 1,5 adjeff pretty much 100% of the time, excluding those sets where i pick up too much stuff or just have some breaks during the set, cause of various reasons.

I think it's not worth it to post all those items i got, cause everybody's already seen them like 10 000 times. I will just include Youtube videos of some drops.

That's obviously the biggest drop since the last update. I am currently at 1 item left on my grail. Hope to get Bane Ash during the MFO and finish the project.

Some random HRs i got.

Here you have my final entry in HoR before the MFO.

I also made a new Enigma for my barb to save some stats. I switched to 0 str build and got 157 additional life, because of that.

Hello!

I can finally announce the end of my grail. After long debates with myself and other players i decided to sacrifice my pit map and go to normal to farm Bane Ash from Cold Crow. I really didn't want to loose my map, but i came to the conclusion that i actually don't need it and i would have to reroll it anyway. I won't be farming any rare items soon, cause i have all of them and i think it would just be better to get a new better map if i want to go for even better pitzerker score in Hall of Records.

I was playing with the Cold Crow build for quite a lot of time, trying different gear pieces and doing some calculations just to delay loosing my pitmap even more XD I was thinking about going Singer on P7 to get all those minions down together with the boss, but i abandoned that idea, when i checked Cold Crow minions' dropchances XD They are so dramatically low that it's not even worth it to look at them... Typical Pitzerker build was the way to go. After a few runs i realized that my merc kills stuff faster than i swap my weapons, so i decided to try something different. I switched all of my gear to pretty much max MF gear including my merc's armor and helmet. All i wanted is just 105 FCR on tele switch. Ended up with 918 MF on my barb and additional 191 MF on my merc for total of 1109 MF on kill.

I didn't want to spend a lot of time on rolling some good map, so i went with the first one that i was able to keep and not reroll it by a mistake XD You are really used to pressing H when choosing the difficulty after such a long time farming Hell ^^ Runs were ok, but S&E lag was terrible regardless if -ns was enabled or not. It was something like 7s with -ns and 9s without it. It's quite a lot of time when you consider that the whole run takes about 23,5 seconds... I got the right rythm after like 15 minutes and got the last item after like 30 minutes of farming total XD I have 63 Cold Crow runs on my counter. Probably did like 70 total.

Final clip:

Run counter pic:
mNSBQIq.png

I estimated lvling to 99 for 320 hours. Finishing the grail after getting 99 took like 280 hours, so i should be at about 600 hours total. You can call it a lucky grail i guess. Tyrael's was my 13th item left if i'm not mistaken. That's definitely something cool. I generally got very lucky when i started farming pits. Found a lot of rare items in the first hours. I had a lot of luck even before that. Getting some random useful items pretty fast, getting the runes early on too, especially that random Lo rune in Catacombs lvl 4. Switching to Chaos after getting all TC 87 items was a waste of time though. I basically threw away 100 hours. Got some HRs there, 2 grailers and a lot of essences, but my main goal was to get Stormlash and it never happened...

I am still very happy with the results. It was a really cool project to do. All that early farming, lvling up, getting all those items, running different areas. I did NM and Hell Andy/Meph, LK, Trav, Baalruns, Pits, Shrines, Cows, Chaos, Countess and probably some more. I was really enjoying analyzing those different targets, gearing and building my char up specifically for them. I learnt a lot, gained a lot of experience and achieved something i can definitely say i am proud of. I am especially proud of getting that top score in Hall of Records. It was my goal for a long time now and i spend many hours on getting better with a pitzerker, analyzing different maps, counting packs etc. I am glad i was able to pull that off together with finishing the grail and getting lvl 99. Definitelymy biggest gaming accomplishment and one of the biggest achievements overall.

I think i said i will post some statistical data when i'm done with the grail, so you can see how many rare items i found. I used some of the rarest items and didn't include the others. Got so many set TC 87 items that i stopped picking them up... Found 76 unique TC 87 items total. Here you have it:
8riyzE3.png

Also made a haul pic showing Wariv praying to Tyrael's XD The true RNG hero, he knows what he is doing.
J4KHLf8.jpg

Ok, guess i said everything i wanted. Big thank you to everybody who supported me during this project ^^ Especially @Luhkoh for being my manager (XD), @Kinkara for sharing UT99 barb misery with me, @ffs for keeping the competition up, @Bewitch for showing me the idea of UT99 chars, @Gripphon for giving me Pitzerker tips, @Albatross for general HoR talk and others who made this journey beautiful ^^

See you around!

Links to my threads and other stuff:
UT99 Write-up
Youtube channel
MFO 2020 Results
Final HoR Entry

PS I hope nobody will notice lack of Steel Pillar Drop video...

Last edited:
"The City of Harrogath's Barbarian of the Year Award" should be on it's way by now, although shipping might take a while since it's being sent from another world, but I'm sure you should be expecting it's arrival at some point before the collapse of the universe.

Anyways, congratulations on behalf of the Competitive Sportbarb Association on completing all these lifetime achievements in such a short period of time.

Great job, Restty! We're proud of you!

Also...
PS I hope nobody will notice lack of Steel Pillar Drop video...
...smooth XD

Haven't read through everything just yet, but all in all it's a really wholesome journey. I have to admit I was a bit worried seeing you traded you pit map for bane ash, but later you said you'll still push for new records :)
Going to pay normal countess a visit and farm some Rals soon myself. Doubt I'll be grinding those shrines like you did :D Slowly building up PA supplies using my single AT shrine will have to suffice.

Anyways, thanks for documenting everything and congrats on the trifecta!

Edit: forgot to say I love the TT in your inventory :D

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

@Kinkara I laughed quite a bit at that story XD Smooth is my second name ^^

@Albatross I'll start a new project soon probably. Want to try something different. Enough of barb for now. I will comeback when i feel like it. That TT symbol is from my name and i realized some time ago that i can actually arrange my charms to make it. It's way cooler than some straight lines or whatever people do with SCs.

@Babyhell Jesus christ, no XD

@ffs My counter says i did 6,3k on my last map and my excel files say i did almost 5k. Don't know why there is a difference. I would guess something between 5 and 7 thousands including different maps.

@Luhkoh Don't know if i deserve to be called like that.

Last edited:
@ffs My counter says i did 6,3k on my last map and my excel files say i did almost 5k. Don't know why there is a difference. I would guess something between 5 and 7 thousands including different maps.

Maybe due to muling activities? As it generates file saves. It would mean you muled out on average once per 5 runs roughly, which is not that impossible on the long term.

@Babyhell Nah, i always take run counter flaws into consideration. That's why i do the first run normally and the last one is just NPC circle to repair my gear and get pots if i need them. I think there was a time that i wasn't counting packs at all. That would explain why i have less runs in my excel files comparing to run counter. that's definitely what happened and i even remember doing some chill runs a few months ago.

Huge congrats. A single char grail/99 is on my todo list, but a ways down there. Its questionable I'll be sane when I reach that point (not so questionable if I ever complete it).

This has got to be one of the most incredible SPF exploits I've ever seen (and that's saying something).

Just saw your youtube video.. CONGRATS!

Is it psychologically healthier that your -1 isn't a Tyraels?.. :unsure:
Thoughts by all grail completers?

Reactions: ResTTe
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High