barbarian enigma question

Knigen

Nov 20, 2005
forums.diii.net
barbarian enigma question

hi im going to make an enigma for my barb...and i like him to be a little fatter

so im thinking of putting it in a heavy armor...the problem is...there seems to be no bonuses for using heavy armor when i search around the diablo pages

so should i just go with a light armor and get the faster run walk...because they have almost the same defence...some lightarmors have higher than heavy armors even

Use an Archon Plate. Easily push 1250+ defence without ED on it and it's got a lowish str rq of 106 ? Enigma isn't that handy unless your barb has 40 fcr either so I suggest hooking him up with anything to get him 40 fcr.

im going to use 2 hotos on switch and arach belt and a 10 fcr ring to get 105 bp so teleing wont be a problem i hope.....i was asking if there is some hidden bonus using heavy armors, like the faster run walk light armors have.....or if they just suck more because of the higher reqs.

if there is something good about heavy armors i think im going to use a sacred because i will mostly tele around anyway...and i use frenzy so i will probably run fast enough

im going to use 2 hotos on switch and arach belt and a 10 fcr ring to get 105 bp so teleing wont be a problem i hope.....i was asking if there is some hidden bonus using heavy armors, like the faster run walk light armors have.....or if they just suck more because of the higher reqs.

Sorry, you are incorrect here. Light armors do not add anything to Faster Run/Walk, it's just that both Medium and Heavy armors have a Faster Run/Walk penalty which is 5% for Medium and 10% for Heavy. Also take notice of the fact that this is not the same as, for example faster run/walk from Frenzy/Vigor or items.

if there is something good about heavy armors i think im going to use a sacred because i will mostly tele around anyway...and i use frenzy so i will probably run fast enough

There is absolutely no good about Heavy armors. They have exactly the same graphics as a ton of others but they just require more strenght and have the -10%. And why the hell would you be teleporting on a Frenzybarb? That makes your added FRW pointless, thus making, for example even Double Swing stand out more.

Dusk Shroud, Wyrmhide, Scarab Husk and Archon Plate are the only armors you should be thinking of if you're a perfectionist.

And why the hell would you be teleporting on a Frenzybarb? That makes your added FRW pointless, thus making, for example even Double Swing stand out more.

Teleport has its advantages... such as when you're rushing, and don't want to stop every now and then to land a hit. Also, when you're doing areas where the map is very large, or has twists/ turns, you'd want to go through them quicker.

Fort, for example, would make a better armor to use when you're doing general monster slaying... but when people choose to wear enigma, they can't switch back and forth between the two armors (strength).. so they wear it all the time. It's not that bad, either... with decent FCR, you can fly pretty fast.

Sure... you could use a sorc to rush... or you could use a barb. :idea:

well the the barb is really more me...

its a shame that the barbclass is so outclassed at mf running by the other classes....but ive already done a good sorc and druid....now that i got the stuff i want to try to max the barb

but heavy armor sucks then...thx alot ill go with archon then

The only advantages i can think of using a heavy armor is the higher durability and different looking graphics. Even then, iirc the archon plate has one of the highest durability with 60 points.

Be aware too that many people try to restraint the faster run/walk on their frenzy barbs since it can make your character kinda hard to control at higher frenzy levels. They won't even put a point in the increased speed mastery.

Unless you know what you are doing i would use another armor runeword or maybe another build if you wanna stick to enigma. WW/conc is more adapted imho.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High